Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question for the married...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
F

follower of Christ

Knowing everything you know now, but not having ever had a physical relationship, would you marry your spouse today ?

Remember, you know all the good and bad about them that you know now, but arent obligated in any way to marry, so would you ?

:)

I would have gotten married quicker. There are days that are more challenging for us at times, but being with Caroline is mush easier than not having her in my life. I love knowing her, understanding her and I enjoy knowing I'm going to be learning more everyday. Not to mention God has made it clear so many times that He gave her to me for a reason.

follower of Christ said:
Knowing everything you know now, but not having ever had a physical relationship, would you marry your spouse today ?

Remember, you know all the good and bad about them that you know now, but arent obligated in any way to marry, so would you ?

Huh for me a dificult one, my wife didnt have bi-polar when i met her and it came in to play a few yrs later, still i cant see my life without her. I just would have waited longer.

jasoncran said:
Huh for me a dificult one, my wife didnt have bi-polar when i met her and it came in to play a few yrs later, still i cant see my life without her. I just would have waited longer.

Man, I feel for you and your wife. I used to suffer from bi-polar. I'll remember both of you in my prayers.

prough91 said:
jasoncran said:

Man, I feel for you and your wife. I used to suffer from bi-polar. I'll remember both of you in my prayers.
two that i know that have been delivered,now.

To answer the OP: Yes, without a doubt.

jasoncran said:
follower of Christ said:

Interestingly, I just heard last night that if people with ADD or ADHD go on anti-depressants, it can cause bi-polar. Not saying that that is the case, it's just interesting.

Free said:
To answer the OP: Yes, without a doubt.

jasoncran said:
follower of Christ said:

Interestingly, I just heard last night that if people with ADD or ADHD go on anti-depressants, it can cause bi-polar. Not saying that that is the case, it's just interesting.
Alcoholism, and bipolar have been linked. Her dad is an alcoholic, she has it and her mother has it as well. ov vey my m-i-l. The very though that she will recide in the chobee area jnear me, ruins my day. She's hard to deal with.

I absolutely would too. There are times in my marriage when my husband and I are not physical for periods of time (sometimes, several weeks) because of health issues that he has. Those are the times when I feel more connected with him because we have to find other ways of sharing ourselves. Those are the times when I learn more about him...things I thought I already knew. And those are the times when he learns something about me...whether it be a preference that I have for something, or my capabilities to surprise him when he least expects him (I recently did this by getting him something he wanted for his birthday but had not told me was on the market or that he even wanted it)

I love him more now than I did when we said our vows and it's not for the sexual relationship we have. Sometimes (even in married couples) that just complicates things.

follower of Christ said:

Though my husband drives me crazy sometimes, I would sure hope I would. He has been the most supportive person of me in terms of my faith, and much more. No he is not perfect, then neither am I.

heather said:
I absolutely would too. There are times in my marriage when my husband and I are not physical for periods of time (sometimes, several weeks) because of health issues that he has. Those are the times when I feel more connected with him because we have to find other ways of sharing ourselves. Those are the times when I learn more about him...things I thought I already knew. And those are the times when he learns something about me...whether it be a preference that I have for something, or my capabilities to surprise him when he least expects him (I recently did this by getting him something he wanted for his birthday but had not told me was on the market or that he even wanted it)

I love him more now than I did when we said our vows and it's not for the sexual relationship we have. Sometimes (even in married couples) that just complicates things.

Heather, this post says it all :yes

Yes, I absolutely would marry Steve again. I was single for a long time, so I know what it's like to face full adult life as a single. I've been married for 11 years now, so I've had ample time to fully understand the ups and downs of marriage. Marriage with the right guy is way better.

However, marriage to the wrong guy wouldn't have been near so nice. So, I'm glad that the Lord gave me the grace to bear being single until He brought the right guy along.

follower of Christ said:

absolutly 100% YES. There is no one I would rather marry than him. Truly I believe it was Gods ordained purpose that we be together. That we were made to be what the other needs

Very encouraging so far :)

Myself, Id divorce my wife just so I could marry her again :lol

Of course I would still marry my husband. We were heathens before we got married any way. We lived together for almost a year before we got married. Nothing was hidden. We did have lots of trials but made our marriage even stronger. I honestly wish we would have met right after High School or sooner so that way we could have more time together than we have but it was all in God's planning.

Back