Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study QUESTION: In What Form Is The Holy Spirit In Every Christian.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Chopper

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

For the sake of this study, lets say that there are 12 million true believers in Christ Jesus in the world right now. We know from the Scriptures that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead, the third Person, if you will. Since the Holy Spirit dwells in us, we are also taught by the Scriptures that our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, where He resides.

My main question is, in what form can the Holy Spirit be resident in 12 million Believers all over the world at the same time. We know that the Holy Ghost is a Spirit. Since the Holy Spirit "dwells" in 12 million Believers, how does that happen? I'm really struggling as how to phrase my question, so how is it possible that this one Person of the Godhead, take up residence in 12 million people?

How can this one Person split Himself up into 12 million Temples?

You probably think, "O no, Chopper's lost his mind." I suppose my question sounds childish, but as important as the Holy Spirit is to me, I think it's important, at least to me, to arrive at some Truth in this matter.

What got me thinking about this is, The other night, as I was experiencing tremendous pain in my stomach, which has plagued me for about 6 months now and the Doctors, and all the tests have not come up with a cause. I was praying to God about taking away the pain. Then I thought of the presence of the Holy Spirit in my body, which is His Temple. I said, "Holy Spirit, You must know how much I'm hurting, because You're in this hurting body, won't you have mercy on me and touch my stomach and make the pain go away?

As I thought about what I just asked the Holy Spirit, it got me wondering just how could He be in me as well as all the other people in the world....Ok all you great thinkers, can you help old Chopper out here?

Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."

For the sake of this study, lets say that there are 12 million true believers in Christ Jesus in the world right now. We know from the Scriptures that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead, the third Person, if you will. Since the Holy Spirit dwells in us, we are also taught by the Scriptures that our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit, where He resides.

My main question is, in what form can the Holy Spirit be resident in 12 million Believers all over the world at the same time. We know that the Holy Ghost is a Spirit. Since the Holy Spirit "dwells" in 12 million Believers, how does that happen? I'm really struggling as how to phrase my question, so how is it possible that this one Person of the Godhead, take up residence in 12 million people?

You probably think, "O no, Chopper's lost his mind." I suppose my question sounds childish, but as important as the Holy Spirit is to me, I think it's important, at least to me, to arrive at some Truth in this matter.

What got me thinking about this is, The other night, as I was experiencing tremendous pain in my stomach, which has plagued me for about 6 months now and the Doctors, and all the tests have not come up with a cause. I was praying to God about taking away the pain. Then I thought of the presence of the Holy Spirit in my body, which is His Temple. I said, "Holy Spirit, You must know how much I'm hurting, because You're in this hurting body, won't you have mercy on me and touch my stomach and make the pain go away?

As I thought about what I just asked the Holy Spirit, it got me wondering just how could He be in me as well as all the other people in the world....Ok all you great thinkers, can you help old Chopper out here?

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:15

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:16

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Dear Brother Chopper, from previous testimonies I know you have received the Holy Spirit; your own personal Pentecost as it were. You have been to the well and drank even though you had been taught differently in your Baptist doctrines. That had to be hard at the time, but probably like me it was a presence of God within I had never experienced before.

Do we have true brethren that have never tasted God’s unfathomable gift of the Spirit of Truth leading us into all the word of God? Back when the apostles were in the very presence of Jesus the Holy Spirit was with them, but He was not in them.

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
I do not read of this happening throughout all Christendom at the time or later; it occurred in one place.
Act 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
Act 2:2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
Act 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Act 19:2 He said unto them (Certain disciples), Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. Why would Paul ask this if all believers in Christ automatically received the Holy Spirit?
In Act 19:5 . . they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. (Are they saved yet?)
Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them . . . :shrug

As to the pain in your stomach could it be old age? you're near as old as me and I get different pains all the time. And then there are times I have no pain at all. Could this be the thorn in our flesh for our good? Lately I have decided to begin working out again starting with pushups. Only ten and I was dying. My shoulders hurt and I thought I had overdone it for sure. A few days later I attempted a lesser amount, and even went to doing girl pushups from the knees up (Don't crucify me ladies, I know some of you can do strict military pushups), but what I'm getting at is that we do the smallest things out of normal and tax our muscles and even our insides that don't recover easily from the slightest strains. I've finally came to the conclusion that God really means it when all things work together for our good, otherwise I'm dumb enough to start running again and harm everything else remaining necessary to even digest food. :lol

The Spirit of Christ that is in all those who are His, is omnipresent, and dwells in all believers, and heals all who calls upon Him in faith.

How this is done, is beyond mortal words.

We know that He, Jesus Christ, upholds all things by His word of power.

who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Hebrews 1:3

In Him all things consist:

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

That's all the planets and galaxy's that are still coming into existence at the speed of light.

JLB

The Spirit of Christ that is in all those who are His, is omnipresent, and dwells in all believers, and heals all who calls upon Him in faith.
2 Jn 1:9 . . He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Well, just a simple analogy, but here I am sitting at my kitchen table and I set up 12 glasses in front of me and I blow across all 12 of them, my breath is in them momentarily at least. Can God do this across 12 million Christians? He then "seals" us as Paul says. Just an idea. I also was reading Chuck Swindoll this morning in "The Mystery of Gods will", and he says, "So His decisions, His judgments are unsearchable. Furthermore, His ways, while they are right, are in the final analysis unfathomable. You cannot get to the bottom of them. You do, however, often come to the place where you say: "I just accept it"."
I believe some topics are unfathomable to our finite minds. We just cant wrap our minds around the whole concept. And Im not sure we were suppose to. That's where trust comes in. I learn as much as I can, and ask God to help me to trust Him for the rest.

2 Jn 1:9 . . He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
Yes sir. :salute Although I don't know what point you are making.
In your statement while it is truth: "The Spirit of Christ that is in all those who are His, is omnipresent, and dwells in all believers, and heals all who calls upon Him in faith.", you seem to be associating it with Brother Chopper's scripture "Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his."
What I'm attempting to put forth is that not all Christians have the Holy Spirit dwelling in them, but they all have the Father and His Son Jesus. It can all be traced back to the question Paul asked in Act Act 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? In other words, we know as disciples we know you have the Father and the Son dwelling in you, but what of the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:

Yes sir, I agree.

That's why I didn't say Holy Spirit, but Spirit of Christ.

I didn't want to derail the direction of the thread.

I agree. :salute

JLB

Well, just a simple analogy, but here I am sitting at my kitchen table and I set up 12 glasses in front of me and I blow across all 12 of them, my breath is in them momentarily at least. Can God do this across 12 million Christians? He then "seals" us as Paul says. Just an idea. I also was reading Chuck Swindoll this morning in "The Mystery of Gods will", and he says, "So His decisions, His judgments are unsearchable. Furthermore, His ways, while they are right, are in the final analysis unfathomable. You cannot get to the bottom of them. You do, however, often come to the place where you say: "I just accept it"."
I believe some topics are unfathomable to our finite minds. We just cant wrap our minds around the whole concept. And Im not sure we were suppose to. That's where trust comes in. I learn as much as I can, and ask God to help me to trust Him for the rest.

Amen to unfathomable! :salute

JLB

Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Often the small trials of every day life 'fill' us... Instead of talking with God we are cleaning the house cause the M-I-L is coming for a visit. We know we should be praying about her visit.. :)
A major problem for me is "ok God i can take if from here"
He says be still an know that I Am God

31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:31-32

The Church, being joined to Christ, would now have a M-I-L, and a F-I-L.

JLB

1 John 4:12
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:15

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:16

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

Good Scripture but how does He dwell in us?

To have the mind of Christ is to have His Spirit dwelling in our very soul and not the physical body as our soul is the window unto Gods Spirit that teaches us all things of His word. The soul which makes up the conscious part of ones being is that of thought, action and emotion. The spiritual nature of man regarded as immortal and separable from the body/flesh at death and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state. This is where the Holy Spirit dwells.

1Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

John 16:13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

He is the Spirit of truth. The truth is what dwells in believers.

How does He dwell in us?
Love exhibited in all goodness and righteousness and truth?
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back