Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question to God

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

HSong

https://jesus-saves-all.com/
2024 Supporter
In terms of questioning God, the question of “How Do I go to Heaven” is answered by the following. Believe in Jesus Christ my friends, with faith alone and be saved permanently, as the Holy Spirit, who will continue to give you guidance and answer your questions, will be permanently in you.
John 1:29 “The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!”

In terms of asking God questions, the Bible tells us that we can ask the Lord for wisdom and we can receive it.
Isaiah 54:13 "All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children"

can.of.soup — Today at 11:47 AM
Ah I see, no fighting demons. Understood 😅 I like asking sillier questions like that, they’re always good fun! Do you know, or does the bible state, what it feels like to be possessed by a demon? I feel like that’d be pretty scary.

Another couple questions I’ve had brought up in my philosophy class (which I don’t really like) is, can god draw a square circle? Bc a square needs corners and a circle cannot have corner, therefore it would be “impossible”
And
Can god create a rock so big he cannot lift it?

My answer to those would be. Why would he want to? There’s no reason to do those things, why would he waste time to try? To me it seems like a pointless question that people would use to try and shoot down Christianity and the belief of god. Another thing is, isn’t questioning god a sin? At least I’ve heard a lot of people consider it a sin. Which would make the religion unit in my philosophy class, a sin to partake in. This is where I think teaching religion in schools, or mentioning it in classes like this, is a bit iffy? Because for one, the belief of hell is so popular that most people believe that without doing research first, I know I did before meeting you, which would be spreading misinformation to people, to KIDS!!
Not to mention all the kids making fun of it :/ I had a kid that wasn’t even in my class come in during the morning and start joking about it. He kept saying he was god and how if you dare question him you’re going to hell!! And.. it wasn’t funny? But if I had said another of course I’d be hit with the “oh so you’re going to hell then!!” Or “it’s just a joke omg” which, even with proper education, I feel they would not be open to change or learning.

Also I absolutely hate when people say “it’s just a joke” to justify homophobia, transphobia, racism and pooping on religions. Because most of the time it’s not a joke? A joke is supposed to be funny that’s like, their whole thing. But you’re not being funny by saying hurtful things. This was more so just a rant about my opinions on the it’s just a joke thing lol

End quote

Ok, now it’s time for I, Harold Samson’s, response to this question. We are both believers in Christ, sealed by the Holy Spirit awaiting our day of redemption where we will be resurrected with glorified bodies. In the mean time though, while we await that day, let’s answer some questions my friends <3

You ask “Is questioning God a sin?” The Bible tells us that we can freely ask God questions, the Lord promotes in fact. If someone wants wisdom, like solutions to these questions, they can ask the Almighty Lord, and He will give them the answer.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.

James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

However, we must not tempt God, such as with this situation where Satan.

Matthew 4:1-11

5 Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, 6 and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’

and,

‘In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ”

7 Jesus said to him, “It is written again, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

We can see that this is temptation due to Satan’s intention. Satan is literally engaged in an active rebellion against God. The Lord is Almighty, He can do all things which are divinely possible, therefore He does things which He pleases.’

ISAIAH 14:24, 27 The Lord Almighty has sworn, "Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will stand"... For the Lord Almighty has purposed, and who can thwart him? His hand is stretched out, and who can turn it back?

Satan is trying to stop the Lord’s plan to save everyone. If Jesus committed even one sin, the smallest one, we would be doomed. But of course, that’s impossible, since love never fails, and Jesus did not commit any sin at all.

For the religion unit in your philosophy class, it is useful to learn about other religions, even when they are false. I personally even study mythologies, like Greek, Roman, Norse, etc. There, we find the man-made of “Hell” where there’s endless torture, which is false, since Lam. 3:31 The Lord will not cast off forever.

[Post Commentary Section]
Therefore, everyone will eventually become believers in Jesus Christ and all people will be saved. Have faith alone in Christ Jesus and be saved, eventually in your own turn, you will my friend :biggrin
John 12:32 "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Back