Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Re: Hello, curious Atheist here!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
chemical evolution is the idea that life may have arised from natural process by natural selection.

i will ask this on the creationist forum, some of them have studied and are studying in accredited secular instutions.

What was most persuasive for me was the fact that the one structure that is absolutely essential to cellular life (the cell membrane) happens to be the simplest major component of the cell.

It's been greatly modified by additions, but the basic membrane is amazingly simple (and self-assembling into spherical containers)

What was most persuasive for me was the fact that the one structure that is absolutely essential to cellular life (the cell membrane) happens to be the simplest major component of the cell.

It's been greatly modified by additions, but the basic membrane is amazingly simple (and self-assembling into spherical containers)

It is said that the simplest major component of a cell is more complex than a spacecraft and it is impossible to come random. This is why Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of DNA structure went on to propose panspermia theory. The theory suggests, someone from outer space planted the seed for life because he couldn't accept that God created.

havent we tried to make life? i know theres the synthetic life experiment but that was from ecoli mixed with other bacterias dnas(which were copied , not created from scratch) thus we looked at existing dna and copied it by manipulation of materials.

we havent simply from no template, made a template for life that would and could live and be so unique.

It is said that the simplest major component of a cell is more complex than a spacecraft and it is impossible to come random.

It might have been said by someone profoundly ignorant of biology. The cell membrane is a very simple structure:
phospholipid_bilayer.gif

These bilayers spontaneously form vesicles, which hold the contents of the cell. The "random" part is also evidence of ignorance. Cells could not have evolved randomly. But then natural selection isn't random.

This is why Francis Crick, the co-discoverer of DNA structure went on to propose panspermia theory. The theory suggests, someone from outer space planted the seed for life because he couldn't accept that God created.

Perhaps. God says the Earth brought forth life. Science is just now understanding how that might have happened. But the fact that the one indispensible part of cellular life is the simplest structure in the cell does make it seem more likely.

havent we tried to make life?

Scientists have produced simple self-replicating chemical systems, which are more alive than viruses, but not as alive as cells.

There's no magic, just chemistry.

It might have been said by someone profoundly ignorant of biology. The cell membrane is a very simple structure:
phospholipid_bilayer.gif

These bilayers spontaneously form vesicles, which hold the contents of the cell. The "random" part is also evidence of ignorance. Cells could not have evolved randomly. But then natural selection isn't random.

Perhaps. God says the Earth brought forth life. Science is just now understanding how that might have happened. But the fact that the one indispensible part of cellular life is the simplest structure in the cell does make it seem more likely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dMlde9akBk

Last edited by a moderator:
for something had no intellegence to make life, we dumb humans cant seem to do it.

it would be interesting if we got contacted by a silicone artificial intellegence life as most evos deny that happening.

yet, they claim that chemical evolution is occuring.

so why not silicone chips.

for something had no intellegence to make life, we dumb humans cant seem to do it.

it would be interesting if we got contacted by a silicone artificial intellegence life as most evos deny that happening.

yet, they claim that chemical evolution is occuring.

so why not silicone chips.

FYI: Silicon, not Silicone. Silicon is an element used in electronics (and some propose could make life because it can form long chains). Silicone is a polymer (a "plastic" of sorts, polydimethylsioxane, made from silicon plus other materials) and has nothing to do with computer chips.

Subtle, but crucial. Like the difference between Nitric and Nitrous acids. One burns your lungs, the other is laughing gas. NO2 versus N2O. Subtle, but crucial.

Give us a couple of thousand years, we will probably figure it out.
lord help us when we do.

you athiests seem to be big on science yet tout the wonders of nasa. surely you are aware that we only went to space because of the threat of russian dominating it. the cape launches more and more military missions then any science one. i would say when the shuttl was going strong at min 4 to one ratio.

so science isnt a big thing to the govt save when it produces weapons. that is why i say that about life.

for kicks on that. google this:

the neosapian/exosquad. its based on your premise.

Agree completely that military efforts are what made NASA viable. Although one should remember that most military efforts are science-based, in order to work. Satellites are science, even though satellites were made for military purposes foremost.

I do love my Hubble.

Many of our scientific inventions were based on military efforts, e.g. the internet.

Agree completely that military efforts are what made NASA viable. Although one should remember that most military efforts are science-based, in order to work. Satellites are science, even though satellites were made for military purposes foremost.

I do love my Hubble.

Many of our scientific inventions were based on military efforts, e.g. the internet.
yes they are but that is why is say heaven help us

the fictional neosapien is able to live in hostile enviroments, doesnt need sleep and doesnt need to mate though there are females. has superior intellegence.

great soldier, no family to worry about, great miners and also slaves. thus began the thus neosapien war...

my bad that is why i dont like the idea of humans making life. we love war and greed to much.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back