Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

REACT

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
What verses or stories in the Bible have influenced you the most, and why?

Blessings in Christ, Tony, and welcome to our forum.

That would be a hard one to narrow down, but the story of Cornelius being baptized in the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues after he and his family first heard the gospel would be one of them. Something about the military overtones excites me about it.

How about you?

Blessings.
Hidden In Him

Blessings in Christ, Tony, and welcome to our forum.

That would be a hard one to narrow down, but the story of Cornelius being baptized in the Holy Spirit with speaking in tongues after he and his family first heard the gospel would be one of them. Something about the military overtones excites me about it.

How about you?

Blessings.
Hidden In Him
Awesome! For me, the story of Joseph practically fleeing from sin (Genesis 39) stands out. Many times, we are lured by worldly pleasures and we end up in the enemy's trap. If we can develop the spiritual resilience as Joseph.....

“one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”

“Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’ Hosanna in the highest!”

These verses have helped me to understand who God is and who Jesus is.

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

So many to pick from!

But definitely a favorite verse is: Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God”

Because learning how to actually still my mind and emotions in my contemplative prayer time gives me the experience of truly LISTENING to God in a deeper, clearer way.

And a favorite story is in John 8:
When the teachers of the law and the Pharisees bring an adulteress before Christ, and say that the law of Moses tells us to stone her, and then ask Jesus what he would say, and He says,

“ Let any one of you who are without sin throw the first stone at her.”

And when he asks her later who is left there to condemn her, she answers:
”“No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”“‭‭

I love this story because it shows the depth of love, justice, and forgiveness of Christ even in our worst sins, and it always reminds me of my own judging mind when I feel harshly critical or disappointed of others, and I put down the stone of judgement….

Last edited:
I just liked seeing people serve God in amazing ways. Seeing their trust in God under impossible circumstances. Joseph, like you mentioned. Davids entire life.

Psalm 34:4 i sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 19:9 the fear of the Lord is clean,

These are a few verses i can remember where God spoke to me. He was commenting on my path and my struggles, like He does with all of his children.

Deu 28:13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them

At a time when I was very down on myself contemplating suicide God gave me this scripture that totally changed my life. God will always give you what you need at the right time when you surrender all to Him, amen.

I just liked seeing people serve God in amazing ways. Seeing their trust in God under impossible circumstances. Joseph, like you mentioned. Davids entire life.

Psalm 34:4 i sought the Lord and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 19:9 the fear of the Lord is clean,

These are a few verses i can remember where God spoke to me. He was commenting on my path and my struggles, like He does with all of his children.
Awesome!

“one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”

“Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: “Hosanna to the Son of David! ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’ Hosanna in the highest!”

These verses have helped me to understand who God is and who Jesus is.

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”
Awesome!

So many to pick from!

But definitely a favorite verse is: Psalm 46:10
“Be still, and know that I am God”

Because learning how to actually still my mind and emotions in my contemplative prayer time gives me the experience of truly LISTENING to God in a deeper, clearer way.

And a favorite story is in John 8:
When the teachers of the law and the Pharisees bring an adulteress before Christ, and say that the law of Moses tells us to stone her, and then ask Jesus what he would say, and He says,

“ Let any one of you who are without sin throw the first stone at her.”

And when he asks her later who is left there to condemn her, she answers:
”“No one, sir,” she said.
“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”“‭‭

I love this story because it shows the depth of love, justice, and forgiveness of Christ even in our worst sins, and it always reminds me of my own judging mind when I feel harshly critical or disappointed of others, and I put down the stone of judgement….
Awesome!

Hey All,
I have two go to verses.

Judges 16:22 Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

Proof that God forgives. If you are a man, you know hair doesn't have to grow.

Jonah 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercies.

Nobody can run from God. So admit your mistake as soon as possible, ask for forgiveness, and restore your relationship with God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
taz

When I was a little girl the story of the two thieves on either side of Jesus always comforted me.
Jesus said that the "good" thief would be with Him in paradise.
I wanted to be like the good thief.

As an adult, I'd say my favorite are the story of Adam and Eve.
The lessons we can glean from that story!

Also the story of the Prodigal Son.
It just has so much to say and is such a comfort for persons that have fallen away and want to come back.
I always send them to Luke 15.

I also like the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16.
It helps to understand what happens after death, the opening up of heaven, etc.

Welcome!

Hey All,
I have two go to verses.

Judges 16:22 Howbeit the hair of his head began to grow again after he was shaven.

Proof that God forgives. If you are a man, you know hair doesn't have to grow.

Jonah 2:8 They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercies.

Nobody can run from God. So admit your mistake as soon as possible, ask for forgiveness, and restore your relationship with God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
taz
Awesome!

When I was a little girl the story of the two thieves on either side of Jesus always comforted me.
Jesus said that the "good" thief would be with Him in paradise.
I wanted to be like the good thief.

As an adult, I'd say my favorite are the story of Adam and Eve.
The lessons we can glean from that story!

Also the story of the Prodigal Son.
It just has so much to say and is such a comfort for persons that have fallen away and want to come back.
I always send them to Luke 15.

I also like the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus in Luke 16.
It helps to understand what happens after death, the opening up of heaven, etc.

Welcome!
Awesome!

TonyM13
1Peter 2:24 kjv
25. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

The spiritual and the natural.

I was in Nairobi one night, on the way to Mombasa, and then to the Seychelles (Victoria). Many years ago.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back