Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Really necessary?

Your last line put a few goose bumps on my arms and spine .
WHY RUN a race we already won . JESUS WON
we must endure to the end . The crown only awaits the lambs who did so .
Paul knew this . HE KNEW folks could fall away .
HE knew that we are made partakers of Christ
if , IF . lets examine the word IF . what does that mean .
IF .
IF we keep our hope we had at the first in HIM , firm to the
i dont think he said middle , He said END .
Now mount up , satan is destroying whole houses and entire churches now .
My advice , ENDURE FAITHFUL TO JESUS , which means also HIS TEACHINGS
FIRM TO THE END . Dont let the big letters scare you my friend .
I love the people , you too , thus i warn and remind all .
And allow this wee thing one last word
Folks and all who have ears , YOU cannot seperate love from obediance .
WHEN i loved the flesh i obeyed its commands , i loved lust
i loved sin , but when GOD drew me to saving faith in CHRIST
i was transformed and what i had loved i now hated
and what i had hated i now loved . WHO WE OBEY IS A SOLID PROOF
of whose we are . NEVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE
and if they do , CORRECT THEM .
You got it !
But lets do "it" in humility and love.

You got it !
But lets do "it" in humility and love.
I agree . and paul was a good example of that .
Do you notice how he wanted so much for the corinthains
to recieve his warnings , lest coming HE was gonna have to get sharp and very serious .
Paul , was quite a humble man as was peter , jude , james
john . And we KNOW JESUS was .
YET , they were all very serious and grave too .
GOD is LOVE , CHRIST IS LOVE and yet look at all those warnings .
The desire was for the good of the people . Warnings are A GOOD THING
we have had far too many for far too long
trying to tone down warnings , TAKE A GOOD LOOK around
at the churches and then let me know how that worked out . IT DIDNT
they all became swollen full of leaven . Oh i think you know that .
I was just reminding you is all .

I can't do "enough".
God did everything, through Jesus Christ, for my conversion and eventual hearing my name is in the book of life.
But if I am not doing the works I was recreated for, what hope have I?
None.
We hope in Jesus Christ to help us run that race.

Like the Galatians that think they can finish by the flesh what was begin with the Spirit, so are those who are not sure they are saved and so they make a commitment to follow Christ. That is why many Christians quit because it is too hard to keep that commitment. They will not even invite children to come to the Lord in making that commitment because as one said. "They do not know what they are getting into" and that the devil was after him ever since to break that commitment. That believer said it was hard. He went on to become a pastor in another church.
I am converted from darkness to light, from serving sin to serving God.
I am saved from serving the flesh, which was killed at my immersion into Christ and into His death. (Rom 6:3-7)

How can someone say they won the race while they are still running?

If we are already saved, what is the point of running a race or laying aside anything?
The high prize of our calling is to obtain the "eternal glory" that comes with our salvation and that is to be a vessel unto honor in His House, vessels of gold & silver.

If anyone runs that race to obtain salvation, they have already lost that race because they are still saved but at risk of losing that high prize of our calling & not just the crowns, but becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House.
The grace to endure faithfully till the end is God given, and I really appreciate it.
Now, let me prove it, to the glory of God !

"...deeds of the Law."
Not a turn from sin or baptism in the name of the Savior for the remission of past. sins.
Isn't my faith justified by how I act?
It can certainly be judged unfaithful if I decide to recommence murdering, lying, and stealing.

They are inseparable.
Only a true disciple will be saved on the day of judgement.

Amen to that.

Why run a race we already won?
Because unbelievers are not in that race for that high prize of our calling when they are not saved yet. Only saved believers are in that race.

I agree . and paul was a good example of that .
Do you notice how he wanted so much for the corinthains
to recieve his warnings , lest coming HE was gonna have to get sharp and very serious .
Paul , was quite a humble man as was peter , jude , james
john . And we KNOW JESUS was .
YET , they were all very serious and grave too .
GOD is LOVE , CHRIST IS LOVE and yet look at all those warnings .
The desire was for the good of the people . Warnings are A GOOD THING
we have had far too many for far too long
trying to tone down warnings , TAKE A GOOD LOOK around
at the churches and then let me know how that worked out . IT DIDNT
they all became swollen full of leaven . Oh i think you know that .
I was just reminding you is all .
You are correct, sadly.
We can take care of/for ourselves, but everyone else's blood is on their own hands.

We hope in Jesus Christ to help us run that race.
Amen, and He is quick to help too, thank God.
Like the Galatians that think they can finish by the flesh what was begin with the Spirit, so are those who are not sure they are saved and so they make a commitment to follow Christ.
If committing to Christ is a sign one doesn't know they are saved, that is a good thing.
Seeing as salvation won't be assured till we hear our name is in the book of life, a commitment to Jesus and His Father is a real good thing.
Without a commitment to Christ there is no salvation.
That is why many Christians quit because it is too hard to keep that commitment. They will not even invite children to come to the Lord in making that commitment because as one said. "They do not know what they are getting into" and that the devil was after him ever since to break that commitment. That believer said it was hard. He went on to become a pastor in another church.
Too bad He decided to follow the flesh instead of the Spirit, eh?
If following Christ is hard, not following Him is easy.
Jesus did say..."But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful." (Matt 13:20-22)
That believer, according to Christ, was not a believer.

The high prize of our calling is to obtain the "eternal glory" that comes with our salvation and that is to be a vessel unto honor in His House, vessels of gold & silver.
The "eternal glory" may have to wait for the day of judgement, but we can be counted as gold and silver here on earth now.
If anyone runs that race to obtain salvation, they have already lost that race because they are still saved but at risk of losing that high prize of our calling & not just the crowns, but becoming vessels unto dishonor in His House.
Why run a race that is already won?
I will run the race till the day of judgement, whereon I shall say "I am saved".
And how can your allegedly "already saved" man be at risk?
Because unbelievers are not in that race for that high prize of our calling when they are not saved yet. Only saved believers are in that race.
You are correct.
Unbelievers are not in that race.
Only those with hope of pleasing God are in that race.

Amen, and He is quick to help too, thank God.
:thumbsup
If committing to Christ is a sign one doesn't know they are saved, that is a good thing.
Seeing as salvation won't be assured till we hear our name is in the book of life, a commitment to Jesus and His Father is a real good thing.
Without a commitment to Christ there is no salvation.
Yet by that commitment is a knowledge of sin. A believer's commitment speaks of himself in what he will do by religiously keeping that commitment to Christ. It is to his glory as a religious man in keeping that commitment which is a false witness; John 5:31 & John 7:18 that can defile a believer as per Matthew 15:18-20

Without faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior, there is no salvation.

Without faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him, there is no running that race even though they are in it, because they are saved.

Billy Graham is famous for preaching the gospel in this wise. "It is not going t church every Sunday that is going to save you. It is not by keeping the ten commandments that is going to save you. It is all those who all upon the name of the Lord!"

Sounds good right? But the altar call is the opposite of the gospel he had preached.

Billy Graham said "if you are not sure you are saved, come forward and make a commitment to follow Christ." Whatever happened to all those who call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved?

So new believers that believed that gospel Billy had preached before the altar call, were saved, before coming forward in making that commitment to follow Christ for the assurance of salvation, are finishing by the flesh what was begun with the Spirit.

Report of one believer on the internet quitting because keeping that commitment is hard. He said he could not do it. Christianity is hard.

Then there is that report by Billy Graham in an interview with Tony Snow that he'd said he doubted Jesus would receive him because he was not always a good Christian. Now the only reason he would say that is what I see in scripture that by that commitment ( the law ) is the knowledge of sin.

So if anyone was looking to themselves in keeping that commitment to follow Christ that by keeping it, they can gain the assurance of salvation, they are finishing by the flesh what was begun with the Spirit like the believers in Galatians 3:1-4

We are to follow Jesus Christ by faith as our hope is in Him as our Good Shepherd to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily for how we are following Him as it is written that the just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

Jesus had to set me free from my commitments and all my promises to rest in Him & His New Covenant to me that He will do His work in me and help me to follow Him.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

So I had to deny myself as able to follow him by the deeds of the law, take up the cross daily in looking to Him as the author & finisher of my faith to help me lay aside every weight & sin daily, in order to find myself following Him by His grace & by His help.

If you can imagine being in a cave and your light went out, and somebody comes along with a light to offer you a way out of the cave, he is basically asking you to trust him to lead you safely out of the cave, watching where you step and not bump your head on any low ceilings.

If we could not save ourselves, then why do we look to ourselves to do the best we can in following by keeping that commitment to follow Christ? It is no wonder we fail. But when we deny ourselves as able to follow him, and look to Him daily to lay aside every weight & sin thus carrying the cross daily, we are trusting Him to help us to follow Him.

John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Tha is all He asks from us to do; believe Him that He will help us to follow Him; thus the just shall live by faith in Jesus Christ & all His promises to us..

Too bad He decided to follow the flesh instead of the Spirit, eh?
If following Christ is hard, not following Him is easy.
Matthew 11:25-27 has the Father revealing His Son even to babes as little children are free to come to Him; Mark 10:13-15 It is the religious people that have a hard time trusting Jesus to rest in Him Matthew 11:28-30 Hebrews 4:1-11
Jesus did say..."But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful." (Matt 13:20-22)
That believer, according to Christ, was not a believer.
If they had received the seed ( Christ ), they are saved, but because they were not rooted in His words, is why they did not become fruitful disciples.
The "eternal glory" may have to wait for the day of judgement, but we can be counted as gold and silver here on earth now.
When we are vessels unto honor, we can serve Him in that way, but it is also a running hat race thing as His disciple in hoping to be accepted by Him when He comes as the Bridegroom. 2 Corinthians 5:7-11
Why run a race that is already won?
I will run the race till the day of judgement, whereon I shall say "I am saved".
And how can your allegedly "already saved" man be at risk?
How can they be in that House whether they are a vessel unto honor or that vessel unto dishonor that is in unrepentant iniquity? 2 Timothy 2:18-21 Note verses 20-21

They had to have been both saved but the vessels unto honor departing from iniquity are running that ace by faith in Jesus Christ whereas former believers & carnal Christians are still in that house but until they repent, they will not be received by Him as vessels unto honor for why H will deny them and be left behind as vessels unto dishonor in His House..

You are correct.
Unbelievers are not in that race.
Only those with hope of pleasing God are in that race.
Amen. Sometimes a fruitful disciple may find himself pruned by the Lord to bear more fruit per John 15:1-2. It is when they reject the pruning is when they stop abiding in Him to be fruitful as His disciples John 15:3-8 and are at risk of being left behind

Thank you for sharing.

You are correct, sadly.
We can take care of/for ourselves, but everyone else's blood is on their own hands.
All we must do is warn . After that its on them my friend .
I do hope and pray they would repent .
All one can do is remind the one in danger to flee such error .
If the person is unwilling to do so , then the end result is on them .
My problem is with these seeker friendly churches
who refuse to correct or warn out against the error .
I tell us all the love of GOD is not in them and that they will
be held accountable for much blood on the day of the LORD .
Let us learn JESUS well . Open those bibles and feast daily .
My prayer is that many will do so and grow wise unto salvation
through faith in Christ .

All we must do is warn . After that its on them my friend .
I do hope and pray they would repent .
All one can do is remind the one in danger to flee such error .
If the person is unwilling to do so , then the end result is on them .
My problem is with these seeker friendly churches
who refuse to correct or warn out against the error .
I tell us all the love of GOD is not in them and that they will
be held accountable for much blood on the day of the LORD .
Let us learn JESUS well . Open those bibles and feast daily .
My prayer is that many will do so and grow wise unto salvation
through faith in Christ .
I think it is equally important that we look at ourselves with open and honest judgment rather than with the lens of self-righteousness. As Paul wrote to the Romans, "I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."
Romans 12:3 NKJV

I think it is equally important that we look at ourselves with open and honest judgment rather than with the lens of self-righteousness. As Paul wrote to the Romans, "I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith."
I agree we must examine our selves . And do so daily .
And warn and correct as well . Lest we think paul , jude ,peter
james and john were hyprocites just cause they were serious , grave and warned .
One thing about them , they truly did desire life and good for the church
and they were very serious about error and the correction of said error .
I say we ought to do the same . But if folks cant do that ,
then at least let those who are willing to do what must be done , DO what must be done . We can pray for those who are willing to make a stand and to contend
for the true faith and all JESUS did teach and say as well as the apostels .
IF we would take notice of BIBLE letters , we would see
that every generation was to be raised up just like that .
My question is , where have the true leaders gone .
SO with great encouragement i say , as i often say , OPEN bibles my friends .
OPEN bibles and get well glued in those pages .

Yet by that commitment is a knowledge of sin.
You will need to elaborate how a commitment to serve one God equates to a knowledge of sin.
All men already have a knowledge of sin from the age of reason.
By committing ourselves to Christ, we will serve no other god including sin.
A believer's commitment speaks of himself in what he will do by religiously keeping that commitment to Christ.
You make obedience to God a bad thing.
I cannot agree.
It is to his glory as a religious man in keeping that commitment which is a false witness; John 5:31 & John 7:18 that can defile a believer as per Matthew 15:18-20
It isn't to "my" glory that I serve God, it is to His glory who is within me.
Why are you so committed not to serve God?
Without faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior, there is no salvation.
Agreed, but no corresponding action makes that faith dead.
Without faith in Jesus Christ as our Good Shepherd & Friend to help us to follow Him, there is no running that race even though they are in it, because they are saved.
You don't have anything that won't be awarded before the end of the race.
Billy Graham is famous for preaching the gospel in this wise. "It is not going t church every Sunday that is going to save you. It is not by keeping the ten commandments that is going to save you. It is all those who all upon the name of the Lord!"
Those calling on the name of the Lord, but acting like the devil's children, will not be "saved" at the final judgement unless they turn from sin and then call upon the name of the Lord at their baptism "in the name of Jesus Christ" for the remission of past sins.
So if anyone was looking to themselves in keeping that commitment to follow Christ that by keeping it, they can gain the assurance of salvation, they are finishing by the flesh what was begun with the Spirit like the believers in Galatians 3:1-4
Sorry you have that so....twisted.
Who looks to themselves for anything, after coming to God?
We are to follow Jesus Christ by faith as our hope is in Him as our Good Shepherd to help us lay aside every weight & sin daily for how we are following Him as it is written that the just shall live by faith.
Romans 1:17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Jesus had to set me free from my commitments and all my promises to rest in Him & His New Covenant to me that He will do His work in me and help me to follow Him.
I really hope you are not saying Jesus has freed you from obedience to God.
Because that is what it looks like from here.
Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
So I had to deny myself as able to follow him by the deeds of the law, take up the cross daily in looking to Him as the author & finisher of my faith to help me lay aside every weight & sin daily, in order to find myself following Him by His grace & by His help.
Are you not committed to that line of reasoning?

There is no "self" righteousness.
When the righteous, by God, see pollution, they are to make it known...or be part of the problem.

When the righteous, by God, see pollution, they are to make it known...or be part of the problem.
Lets clear this up even more my friend . There is a thing known as self righteousness ,
BUT IT AINT self righteous to CORRECT . WHEN the lambs see SIN and Pollution ,
error and wickedness , they are to EXPOSE the deeds or YES INDEED
they are PART of the problem .
I bring us back to my frozen lake of ice .
It all boils down to WHOM we love .
IF the Father told his children not to skate on thin ice due to the dangers
and if i see the children of said Father
putting on skates and getting ready to hit that lake that has thin ice ,
WHERE IS MY LOVE if i just GO with the flow and let them do what they loved ,
when what they loved was a dire danger to their soul .
I have come to destroy the wicked lies of the seeker friendly
or i should say EXPOSE , cause i cannot destroy their lies . BUTEXPOSE THEM I CAN
and WILL DO
Would you like to hear a parable of this seeker friendly warn not judge not
generation .
IT is a man who took a journey into the wilderness
and he and a couple of seeker friendly friends sat down by the edge of a cliff .
THEN behold in the distance a blind man is seen walking and heading right to a cliff .
The first man says , LOOK HE is headed to the cliff , we must warn him
we must stop him from this path
or he will fall off that cliff and die
and the other man says , ALAS my friend , HE is in the hands of GOD
we just need to encourage him on his walk .
SO he starts saying , KEEP walking , GOD IS LOVE , YOU can do this ,
just keep walking .
The second man says WAIT , BUT HE IS HEADED to the CLIFF .
And the other says , YES BUT HE IS WALKING , HE is moving forward
all is well , God has him , its not your job to stop him , just let him walk
and encourage him .
And closer and closer he gets to the cliff .
The one says wait , HE is about to walk right off that cliff .
And the others say , GOD IS LOVE , GOD WILL GUIDE HIM
its not our job to correct him .
THEN all faces go blank as the man falls right off the cliff .
HEY SEEKER FRIENDLY , IF YOU LOVING THEM TO GOD
by not warning them and correcting them , HOW IS THAT LOVING THEM TO GOD .

You will need to elaborate how a commitment to serve one God equates to a knowledge of sin.
All men already have a knowledge of sin from the age of reason.
By committing ourselves to Christ, we will serve no other god including sin.
If you sin, then you have broken your commitment to follow Christ. It is by that commitment or promise is the knowledge of sin.
You make obedience to God a bad thing.
I cannot agree.
When you consider that we do not look to our selves but to Christ Jesus for the help we need daily in following Him, then we do so by faith in Jesus Christ not by religiously keeping our commitment to follow Him as if that is the power in how any believer follows Christ.

If we could actually do that, then Jesus would never had to come and Jews would just make a commitment or promise to keep the law to save themselves and for following Him.
It isn't to "my" glory that I serve God, it is to His glory who is within me.
Why are you so committed not to serve God?
I follow Him by faith testifying of Him being committed to me in helping me to follow Him.
Agreed, but no corresponding action makes that faith dead.

You don't have anything that won't be awarded before the end of the race.

Those calling on the name of the Lord, but acting like the devil's children, will not be "saved" at the final judgement unless they turn from sin and then call upon the name of the Lord at their baptism "in the name of Jesus Christ" for the remission of past sins.

Sorry you have that so....twisted.
Who looks to themselves for anything, after coming to God?
That is what God says in His words; It is your commitment or promise or vow and you said you will do it as you are to do all that proceeds out of your mouth. Numbers 30:2 Your commitment, vow, or promise is the work of your hands. Ecclesiastes 5:4-6 for why God will destroy it for breaking that commitment.
I really hope you are not saying Jesus has freed you from obedience to God.
Because that is what it looks like from here.
A believer keeping his commitment is testifying to his strength and will power in keeping it.

Living by faith in Jesus Christ & the New Covenant to us testify to His power for how we are following Him.

You cannot do both. Commitment keeping is of the world as AA & NA can pick any higher power but the credit and glory in keeping that commitment goes to the one that keeps it' hence the awards for how long one has remained sober. If an addict picked a tree as their higher power, people will roll eyes at that but praise him for keeping that commitment. See?
Are you not committed to that line of reasoning?
I entrust the Lord for doing His ministry while helping me to follow Him.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

2 Corinthians 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

If you sin, then you have broken your commitment to follow Christ. It is by that commitment or promise is the knowledge of sin.

When you consider that we do not look to our selves but to Christ Jesus for the help we need daily in following Him, then we do so by faith in Jesus Christ not by religiously keeping our commitment to follow Him as if that is the power in how any believer follows Christ.

If we could actually do that, then Jesus would never had to come and Jews would just make a commitment or promise to keep the law to save themselves and for following Him.

I follow Him by faith testifying of Him being committed to me in helping me to follow Him.

That is what God says in His words; It is your commitment or promise or vow and you said you will do it as you are to do all that proceeds out of your mouth. Numbers 30:2 Your commitment, vow, or promise is the work of your hands. Ecclesiastes 5:4-6 for why God will destroy it for breaking that commitment.

A believer keeping his commitment is testifying to his strength and will power in keeping it.

Living by faith in Jesus Christ & the New Covenant to us testify to His power for how we are following Him.

You cannot do both. Commitment keeping is of the world as AA & NA can pick any higher power but the credit and glory in keeping that commitment goes to the one that keeps it' hence the awards for how long one has remained sober. If an addict picked a tree as their higher power, people will roll eyes at that but praise him for keeping that commitment. See?

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

2 Corinthians 3:4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.... 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 Timothy 4:18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
You are way over thinking things my dear friend .
I invite you to come back to the simplicity of a child .
IF JESUS said DO DO and if HE said NOT TO DO DONT DO .
same with the apostels . That is all we need simply DO .
Ponder on the beauty of that simplicity . CHILD LIKE SIMPLE TRUTH .

Lets clear this up even more my friend . There is a thing known as self righteousness ,
BUT IT AINT self righteous to CORRECT . WHEN the lambs see SIN and Pollution ,
error and wickedness , they are to EXPOSE the deeds or YES INDEED
they are PART of the problem .
I bring us back to my frozen lake of ice .
It all boils down to WHOM we love .
IF the Father told his children not to skate on thin ice due to the dangers
and if i see the children of said Father
putting on skates and getting ready to hit that lake that has thin ice ,
WHERE IS MY LOVE if i just GO with the flow and let them do what they loved ,
when what they loved was a dire danger to their soul .
I have come to destroy the wicked lies of the seeker friendly
or i should say EXPOSE , cause i cannot destroy their lies . BUTEXPOSE THEM I CAN
and WILL DO
Would you like to hear a parable of this seeker friendly warn not judge not
generation .
IT is a man who took a journey into the wilderness
and he and a couple of seeker friendly friends sat down by the edge of a cliff .
THEN behold in the distance a blind man is seen walking and heading right to a cliff .
The first man says , LOOK HE is headed to the cliff , we must warn him
we must stop him from this path
or he will fall off that cliff and die
and the other man says , ALAS my friend , HE is in the hands of GOD
we just need to encourage him on his walk .
SO he starts saying , KEEP walking , GOD IS LOVE , YOU can do this ,
just keep walking .
The second man says WAIT , BUT HE IS HEADED to the CLIFF .
And the other says , YES BUT HE IS WALKING , HE is moving forward
all is well , God has him , its not your job to stop him , just let him walk
and encourage him .
And closer and closer he gets to the cliff .
The one says wait , HE is about to walk right off that cliff .
And the others say , GOD IS LOVE , GOD WILL GUIDE HIM
its not our job to correct him .
THEN all faces go blank as the man falls right off the cliff .
HEY SEEKER FRIENDLY , IF YOU LOVING THEM TO GOD
by not warning them and correcting them , HOW IS THAT LOVING THEM TO GOD .
Allowing them to "skate" is not love.

I am committed to a life that glorifies Jesus and our Father.
If you want to vilify that, it is on you.

You are way over thinking things my dear friend .
I invite you to come back to the simplicity of a child .
IF JESUS said DO DO and if HE said NOT TO DO DONT DO .
same with the apostels . That is all we need simply DO .
Ponder on the beauty of that simplicity . CHILD LIKE SIMPLE TRUTH .
Considering how one believer was saying that children should not make a commitment to the Lord and that ever since he had made the commitment, the devil has been after him to break it, and he said that keeping that commitment was hard, I'd say these scripture below is why we should not do that.

Mark 10:13-15 about children being free to come to Him for all they can do is believe.

Even the Father can save babes by revealing His Son to them so they can believe and be saved. It is the religious people that have a hard time surrendering to find that rest in Jesus Christ; Matthew 11:25-30

Luke 9:23 does not have Jesus asking for a vow or a commitment to follow Him but deny ourselves as able to follow Him and look to Him daily to trust Him to help us to follow Him.

How else can anyone claim this verse as part of their testimony if we have man made yokes of bondages on us?

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

How can we say we are not those believers Paul was chastening here about?

2 Corinthians 11:20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

So I testify of my faith in Jesus Christ by how He is my Good Shepherd & Friend by Him helping me to follow Him daily by enabling me to see the weights to lay them aside as well as the sins to keep me from continuing in them.

The Just shall live by faith. That is how I am getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection when I see Him helping me in following Him from what I could not do otherwise by doing the best I can keeping any commitment or promises.

I am committed to a life that glorifies Jesus and our Father.
If you want to vilify that, it is on you.
But praises are given to you for keeping that commitment. That is your glory.

Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? 17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

When you speak of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for you, that is to His glory.

So how you bear witness goes to where you point your testimony towards.

Yourself by what you are doing by keeping that commitment;

Or to Jesus Christ in what He is doing in keeping that New Covenant to you?

Where do you place your hope in for following Him? By keeping your commitment to follow Him or by faith in Jesus Christ that He will help you to follow Him?

Who do you think sinners & struggling believers want to hear? You or Jesus?

There can be self-righteousness. I have witnessed plenty of people like this and even seen it here on CFnet. I may have fallen into this sin myself. The problem resides when those who believe they are of God actually are not. The Pharisees, for example, studied and meditated on the Scriptures daily and whole-heartedly believed they understood but they did not.

Here's an example from Jesus Himself.

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:10-14 NKJV

Considering how one believer was saying that children should not make a commitment to the Lord and that ever since he had made the commitment, the devil has been after him to break it, and he said that keeping that commitment was hard, I'd say these scripture below is why we should not do that.

Mark 10:13-15 about children being free to come to Him for all they can do is believe.

Even the Father can save babes by revealing His Son to them so they can believe and be saved. It is the religious people that have a hard time surrendering to find that rest in Jesus Christ; Matthew 11:25-30

Luke 9:23 does not have Jesus asking for a vow or a commitment to follow Him but deny ourselves as able to follow Him and look to Him daily to trust Him to help us to follow Him.

How else can anyone claim this verse as part of their testimony if we have man made yokes of bondages on us?

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

How can we say we are not those believers Paul was chastening here about?

2 Corinthians 11:20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

So I testify of my faith in Jesus Christ by how He is my Good Shepherd & Friend by Him helping me to follow Him daily by enabling me to see the weights to lay them aside as well as the sins to keep me from continuing in them.

The Just shall live by faith. That is how I am getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection when I see Him helping me in following Him from what I could not do otherwise by doing the best I can keeping any commitment or promises.
Well i have no idea who said that , but i say get them babes on JESUS
even from the womb , the pap . Point them to Christ
the moment they come crying into this world .

Back