Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Really necessary?

There can be self-righteousness. I have witnessed plenty of people like this and even seen it here on CFnet. I may have fallen into this sin myself. The problem resides when those who believe they are of God actually are not. The Pharisees, for example, studied and meditated on the Scriptures daily and whole-heartedly believed they understood but they did not.

Here's an example from Jesus Himself.

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
Luke 18:10-14 NKJV
That is a prime example of self righteousness . JESUS words are total truth .
But correcting and being grave , now that aint self righteousness .
Too many men in too many pulpits have been preaching a false self righteousness .
As for me , i am about to double down on the warnings and reminders
but also on the praise and encouragement . DOnt pick and choose one over the other
embrace it all . cause its coming . Always feel free to ask a man questions
and never just assume one does as they do . You ask many questions .

AKA dont anyone get ban happy cause i warn against the RCC
or false ones within protestantism . Test all things men teach and say
just dont assume why they do as they do . ASK questions instead of banning .

Well i have no idea who said that , but i say get them babes on JESUS
even from the womb , the pap . Point them to Christ
the moment they come crying into this world .
I have memories when I was a baby and so really, what better time to share the Good News to babes than when they are a captive audience? One can sing Amazing Grace and recite scripture... as it is the Father that draws them unto the Son to reveal His Son to them. John 6:44 & Matthew 11:25-27

I have heard some parents believe that children cannot understand the gospel, but I did as a tot, and I was saved since. I had been led astray religiously and carnally, but He restored me to the path of righteousness for His name's sake as the Good Shepherd & Friend that He is.:woot2

There can be self-righteousness. I have witnessed plenty of people like this and even seen it here on CFnet. I may have fallen into this sin myself. The problem resides when those who believe they are of God actually are not. The Pharisees, for example, studied and meditated on the Scriptures daily and whole-heartedly believed they understood but they did not.

“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
The verse before that reference you had stated is why Jesus said that reference;

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

The verse before that reference you had stated is why Jesus said that reference;

Luke 18:9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
One can be self-righteous without despising others. Do you agree?

One can be self-righteous without despising others. Do you agree?
I am not sure how. When referring to one's own righteousness not shared by others, the temptation resulting from the pride of life will always be there.

If only referring to His righteousness by faith where no man can boast, then there is love for others to tell them the Good News also so they may have joy as we do.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

But praises are given to you for keeping that commitment. That is your glory.
LOL.
Who is going to praise me for obeying a God they hate?
When you speak of Jesus Christ and all that He has done for you, that is to His glory.
Agreed, but why can't He also be praised for providing the means of my obedience to our Father?
So how you bear witness goes to where you point your testimony towards.
Yourself by what you are doing by keeping that commitment;
Or to Jesus Christ in what He is doing in keeping that New Covenant to you?
Where do you place your hope in for following Him? By keeping your commitment to follow Him or by faith in Jesus Christ that He will help you to follow Him?
My hope and praise are directed to God, and to His son Jesus Christ.
Who do you think sinners & struggling believers want to hear? You or Jesus?
If they are intent on manifesting their love for God and Jesus, they will rejoice with me that He has enabled me to remain faithful to Them.
They will know the same God who is in me can also be in them.
That should give them the example and strength to continue manifesting from whence they are born.

Are you intent on showing your love for God?

If it is "self" righteousness, it isn't really righteousness.
If it is the real righteousness of the faithful in Christ Jesus, it isn't of self.
Great example of self righteousness by the Pharisee.
"If" the sinner changed his ways from the point he asked for mercy, he will be righteous from then on.
If he returns to his sin, his prayer was as much a waste of time as the Pharisee's.

LOL.
Who is going to praise me for obeying a God they hate?
Just pointing out that religious Christians may praise you on earth for keeping that commitment or ( as if that commitment/bondage is not enough ) even the promises of the Promise Keepers program ( which they are not in God's eyes, because by that commitment & promises is the knowledge of sin ), but that will not happen in Heaven.

1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's; 22 Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's; 23 And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

1 Corinthians 1:29 That no flesh should glory in his presence. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: 31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
Agreed, but why can't He also be praised for providing the means of my obedience to our Father?
Because that is your commitment or your promises telling men you are going to do it,

Numbers 30:2 If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

.... as that is the work of your hands in according to His words for those under the law,

Ecclesiastes 5:4 When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it; for he hath no pleasure in fools: pay that which thou hast vowed. 5 Better is it that thou shouldest not vow, than that thou shouldest vow and not pay. 6 Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?

....thus voiding faith in Jesus Christ to do it & to finish it. Philippians 1:6-11

Either you are doing it or He is.

How can you claim this verse as part of your walk in faith with Jesus Christ when you are in bondage?

Galatians 5:1Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.... 5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:... 11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Hence why it is written that the just shall live by faith.

My hope and praise are directed to God, and to His son Jesus Christ.
Matthew 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. 10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: 11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man......

8 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: ..........

So either a believer be known by His faith in Jesus Christ for how he is following Him or the religious believer will be known by his commitment to follow Christ by keeping it is how he is following Him. The religious people of the world would praise him for it because they are familiar with that rudiment of what religious men do by the deeds of the law. Even those struggling with addiction, they can relate to that commitment.

The law voids faith and so nobody is going to see your faith in Jesus Christ by that commitment. All they will see is you working; not Jesus. You get the credit for keeping that commitment; and in according to His words, that is your work; not His.
If they are intent on manifesting their love for God and Jesus, they will rejoice with me that He has enabled me to remain faithful to Them.
They will know the same God who is in me can also be in them.
That should give them the example and strength to continue manifesting from whence they are born.

Are you intent on showing your love for God?
He has set me free from all yokes of bondages and is helping me to follow Him a whole lot better than I did in trying to keep that commitment, thus I am getting to know Him and the power of His resurrection when I rely on Him all the time by faith in Jesus Christ alone. Tha is why I praise Him and shall praise Him in Heaven for.

I have memories when I was a baby and so really, what better time to share the Good News to babes than when they are a captive audience? One can sing Amazing Grace and recite scripture... as it is the Father that draws them unto the Son to reveal His Son to them. John 6:44 & Matthew 11:25-27

I have heard some parents believe that children cannot understand the gospel, but I did as a tot, and I was saved since. I had been led astray religiously and carnally, but He restored me to the path of righteousness for His name's sake as the Good Shepherd & Friend that He is.:woot2
I remember clear as a bell when i was a tot
my mother talking to me about Christ , heaven and hell .
Children can understand a whole lot more than most realize .
One thing i know for a solid fact is , ITS NEVER TOO EARLY
to point to JESUS , but one day it will be too late .
When once the master of the house has risen up and closed the door .
My advice is , SING JESUS , the glorious gospel to them babes
even as soon as they are pushed out by labor contractions into this world .
RAISE UP a child in the way he or she should go .
The problem with most churches is that they have decided to listen
to the direction of this world , of its science , physcology
which always seems to point folks and children away from GOD .
Now ya know why i wont and dont and no longer heed their trash .
The carnal mind is emnity with GOD , SO why heed its carnal garbage .
HEED what is written . RAISE UP a CHILD in the way they should go .
EVEN JESUS rebuked his own desciples when parents were bringing
their babes to JESUS . THEY CAN KEEP all carnal wisdom
STICK to the truth in that bible and count the cost .
CAUSE IF one does stick to ONLY TRUTH , i promise
most are not gonna love you and will treat you
as though you lost your mind . BUT THE ONLY HOPE
anyone has IS JESUS and it had better be the biblical one
Cause many have created and invented another jesus .
And a jesus created by men cant save .
ONLY THE BIBLICAL CHRIST JESUS WHO DID CREATE , can save .

I can remember my parents praying together, when I came in from playing.
It made a huge impression on me.

I sometimes pray that the Father will draw babes and even unborn babes unto the Son to reveal His Son to them so they can be saved and raptured when the rapture comes.

I sometimes pray that the Father will draw babes and even unborn babes unto the Son to reveal His Son to them so they can be saved and raptured when the rapture comes.
About the rapture . its real . but i have one word of advice about it .
If suddenly folks vanish , the rest of the world better tuck n duck
cause there is no second ark coming . ITS wrath and wrath of GOD alone
they will go under .
IN other words , folks better repent and believe RIGHT NOW
cause the other only choice on that day will be fiery igdination
from the LORD . The world and beast goes after the lambs
BUT CHRIST HE will destroy both the world and beast at His coming .
SO if anyone gets left behind on that day
I fear for what they get told on the day of judgment as well .
There just wont be a second chance .
BE READY , said JESUS , BE READY lest that day overtakes one as a thief .

About the rapture . its real . but i have one word of advice about it .
If suddenly folks vanish , the rest of the world better tuck n duck
cause there is no second ark coming . ITS wrath and wrath of GOD alone
they will go under .
IN other words , folks better repent and believe RIGHT NOW
cause the other only choice on that day will be fiery igdination
from the LORD . The world and beast goes after the lambs
BUT CHRIST HE will destroy both the world and beast at His coming .
SO if anyone gets left behind on that day
I fear for what they get told on the day of judgment as well .
There just wont be a second chance .
BE READY , said JESUS , BE READY lest that day overtakes one as a thief .
We are to be ready now for the rapture because Jesus is coming back as the Bridegroom first for the abiding bride of Christ. That is why He is judging His House first at the rapture event which comes before the great tribulation for why those saints & former believers still not aiding in Him, will be left behind in.

It is at the end of the great tribulation when Jesus comes back as the King of kings with the pre great trib. raptured saints to destroy the world's armies marching unto Jerusalem Zechariah 14:1-5 After Satan is defeated and in the pit for a thousand years, then that resurrection of those saints as described as having gone through the great tribulation., along with those saints that got left behind as disqualified when Jesus is on earth. Revelation 20:1-6

So I agree that saved believers should hold fast & endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth to avoid being left behind Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 while former believers, and carnal believers should look to Jesus for help to see the truth that turned them away from Him to see their need for Him and His help to depart from iniquity now 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18.

2 Peter 3:3-18

We are to be ready now for the rapture because Jesus is coming back as the Bridegroom first for the abiding bride of Christ. That is why He is judging His House first at the rapture event which comes before the great tribulation for why those saints & former believers still not aiding in Him, will be left behind in.

It is at the end of the great tribulation when Jesus comes back as the King of kings with the pre great trib. raptured saints to destroy the world's armies marching unto Jerusalem Zechariah 14:1-5 After Satan is defeated and in the pit for a thousand years, then that resurrection of those saints as described as having gone through the great tribulation., along with those saints that got left behind as disqualified when Jesus is on earth. Revelation 20:1-6

So I agree that saved believers should hold fast & endure to the end to be saved from what is coming on the earth to avoid being left behind Hebrews 12:1-2 & 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 while former believers, and carnal believers should look to Jesus for help to see the truth that turned them away from Him to see their need for Him and His help to depart from iniquity now 1 John 3:3 & 1 John 3:8 & 2 Timothy 4:18.

2 Peter 3:3-18
Reread peter again . then read second thessolonians the first chapter .
be encouraged . I want you to read the first chapter of second thessalonians
ten times . Something will sink in real good .
My advice , be prepared for all out tribulation .
Fear it not . Tis the righteous judgment o GOD . read that over and over and over
again .

Reread peter again . then read second thessolonians the first chapter .
be encouraged . I want you to read the first chapter of second thessalonians
ten times . Something will sink in real good .
My advice , be prepared for all out tribulation .
Fear it not . Tis the righteous judgment o GOD . read that over and over and over
again .
Pray for me instead since it is on God to cause the increase. I'll do the same for you.

Pray for me instead since it is on God to cause the increase. I'll do the same for you.
Both warning and prayer is necessary . If warning folks was not necessary
WHY did paul warn the church and not just pray for it .
WE gotta do both , SO I AM gonna do both .
Be encouraged . I refuse to conform to todays advice and thoughts of men .
THEY warned and they also prayed , I WARN and i also pray .
No one on this site or anywhere is gonna sway me to stop the exhortations .
I WILL BOTH PRAY for the peoples and warn and remind the peoples .
Now be encouraged . Open up second thess
and read and read and read and read and read and read
and pray and pray and pray to GOD . ITS truly so simple .
When you have read it about fifty times PM me and we can happily discuss
THE SIMPLICITY OF IT . IT means what it says and it says what it means .
Open bible , read it . No man can cause me to cease from
warning , nor can any man cause me to also cease from praying
for those i do love .

Back