Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Really When... Is The Battle of Armageddon?

DavidT

It appears that the Amillennialists are at again, distorting and twisting The Word of God about the timing of the battle of Armageddon of Revelation 16 on the 7th Vial. Amillennialism, a NON-Biblical doctrine, began being pushed in the 2nd century A.D. by the pagan Gnostics which early disciples rebuked. To accept that doctrine as Biblical, many Bible Scriptures have to be either totally ignored, or changed.

According to the flow of the Revelation 16 Scripture with the last 2 vials, during the 6th vial timing, Lord Jesus Christ warns that He comes "as a thief". That points to His future coming on the 7th Vial, which is when the battle of Armageddon is shown to happen.

Rev 16:12-21
12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Jesus is warning His Church there within that 6th Vial timing, saying that He comes "as a thief", which is about His Olivet discourse teaching where He told His faithful to 'Watch', meaning those 7 main SIGNS of the end He gave there. That idea of His coming "as a thief" is tied to the "day of the Lord" that both Apostles Paul and Peter said will come "as a thief in the night." That "day of the Lord" event is about the LAST DAY of this PRESENT world, NOT after Christ's future "thousand years" reign of Revelation 20!

16 And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

17 And
the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, "It is done."
18 And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19 And the great city was divided into three parts,
and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.
20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.
KJV

That above is about the "sudden destruction" Paul mentioned on the "day of the Lord" per 1 Thessalonians 5. Per the Zechariah 14 Scripture, we know... not all the wicked are destroyed on that day of Christ's future return. As a matter of fact, in John 5:28-29 Jesus tells us on the day of His future return, there will be both the "resurrection of life", and the "resurrection of damnation" for the wicked. Thus the majority of the wicked, nor the unbelieving, are NOT destroyed by Christ on the day of His future return.

The "rod of iron" that Jesus is to reign with per Psalms 2 and Revelation 2; 12; and 19, is about His future reign on earth over the nations, meaning over the UNSAVED nations, and is NOT for His Christian elect. Those who remain faithful to Christ, waiting for His future coming, will reign with that "rod of iron" over the nations with Him, as He promised. That begins ONLY with His future coming on the "day of the Lord", His coming "as a thief" like He said.

Amillennialism, a doctrine of men, and rejects the Revelation 20 Scripture about Christ's future "thousand years" reign. This is why they twist the Scripture about Armageddon, trying to push it forward to the time when Satan and his Gog-Magog horde come upon the "camp of the saints" of Rev.20, which the "camp of the saints" points to Christ and His elect established... in JERUSALEM ON EARTH. And then the wicked go into the "lake of fire". No, that is NOT the Armageddon time of Revelation 16:16.

What does the Rev.20 Scripture actually say about that?

Rev 20:7-9
7 And
when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
KJV

Verse 7 makes it plain that Satan being loosed out of his pit prison to lead the rebellious upon the "camp of the saints" ON EARTH happens AFTER the 1,000 years of that Chapter! Yet per Revelation 16 we are shown the battle of Armageddon instead happens on the 7th VIAL on the day of that Jesus comes "as a thief".

So truly, understanding when the battle of Armageddon is (on the last day of this present world when Jesus returns), is not really difficult IF one stays in God's Word as written.

How then, does one understand that mention of Gog-Magog again after Christ's 1,000 years reign per Rev.20:8-9? Well, the Bible student of course would have had to have studied the Ezekiel 38 & 39 Chapters first about Gog-Magog and the nation alignment for the battle of Armageddon on the last day of THIS present world when Jesus returns on the "day of the Lord".

Armageddon = Ezek.38 Gog-Magog alignment of nations HAPPENING NOW, in prep for the battle on the "day of the Lord", the day Jesus returns in our near future.

Ezekiel 38 specifically names... the nation alignment representing Gog-Magog as the army out of the northern quarters that will come up against Israel on the final day of this world.

The Hebrew for "chief" in Ezek.38:2 is 'rosh', which is put for Rus, one of the ancient names for Russia. Looking at who those nations listed there with Magog reveals today they are aligned with Russia: Libya (which President Reagan bombed terrorist training camps there), Persia (Iran; Iraq, maybe Syria too), Gomer (old Soviet satellite countries like Georgia, Ukraine, etc., all in the north above Israel); Ethiopia (but now about nations south like Sudan, Yemen that are aligned with Muslim terrorists), Togarmah (old area of Cappadocia which is today the area of Turkey, a Muslim nation but member of NATO).

The only nation in that Ezekiel 38 alignment for the end that is not yet allied with Russia is the nation of Turkey. But Russia has been busy today trying to get them on board. Turkey is a Muslim nation.

Whats funny, is that many Bible commentaries and Bible dictionaries one can read falsely claim this Ezekiel 38 Gog-Magog was PAST HISTORY when it is still yet future for a battle on the LAST DAY of this world, the battle of Armageddon.

But with the Revelation 20:8-9 Gog-Magog event that will happen a "thousand years" AFTER Jesus has reigned on earth, does NOT give a nation alignment like is given in Ezekiel 38 for the last day of this world. That means the Gog-Magog of Rev.20:8-9 is put as a 'symbol' for Satan's host that he leads against the "camp of the saints" on earth, meaning Christ's elect saints at the "beloved city" on earth, which is what city? Jerusalem.

But the Armageddon event on the 7th Vial last day of this world, that Ezek.38 Gog-Magog army comes upon the Israel in the middle east which today represent WHO? Christians of the "camp of the saints"? NO! Today at Jerusalem in the middle east is inhabited and controlled by a majority of UNBELIEVING JEWS who do not believe on Jesus Christ as Messiah.

Thus there's so many EASY ways per Bible Scripture to know how the two example Gog-Magog is meant, that there's really no excuse for being confused about it.

Last edited:
How then, does one understand that mention of Gog-Magog again after Christ's 1,000 years reign per Rev.20:8-9? Well, the Bible student of course would have had to have studied the Ezekiel 38 & 39 Chapters first about Gog-Magog and the nation alignment for the battle of Armageddon on the last day of THIS present world when Jesus returns on the "day of the Lord".
I will have to disagree with you on Ezekiel 38&39 being about the last day of this present world because in Ezekiel chapter 39 we read of 7 years that Israel will burn the enemies weapons .

How do you account for that ?

Ezekiel 39

9And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

How then, does one understand that mention of Gog-Magog again after Christ's 1,000 years reign per Rev.20:8-9? it.
By understanding how flawed Bible scholars like us interpret what God said vs how the Holy Spirit conveys it.
I believe God is speaking of Jesus’ ministry in the flesh on earth. 3 1/2 years in Person, 3 1/2 in Spirit. I’ve been heading in that direction for a bit now and I can’t find any discrepancy between what hawkman said and what you said, but I have more research to do. I love you guys to confirm stuff I think goes well with this text, but if we go that way we need to do it as brothers who care about what happens to our brothers if we’re wrong.
Not putting anyone down here. I’ve hacked more people on here with His two edged Sword than anyone. Let’s start using Hus word for unity.

Many will say to me in that day Lord, Lord,
have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast outdevils? and in thy name done manywonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mt.7:22-23 KJV

I think I‘ve been using the edge that kills body soul and spirit on people here instead of the edge that kills the old man only. Thank you Jesus for mercy beyond.

Since this Ezekiel is alluded to in Revelation <—(thread) why don’t we wander over there and camp out a while? I’ think I’. Beginning to see some patterns in there that are looking a bit different to me after Jesus had me bounced off a cell wall. The cell was padded, but he let satan throw me around and I banged up pretty good lol. Let me know what you think.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6 which actually names all who will come against Israel in the end of days being Gog, the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11. Within this battle the first six trumpets of God's wrath will be poured out into the world, Ezekiel 38:17-19, as we read in Rev 8:6 being the first trumpet sounding that takes us to the seventh trumpet of God's great wrath in Rev 11:15-19 and the timing of the son of perdition during the time of the seventh trumpet that promises a false peace and safety if all will take the mark of this beast, 2Thessalonians 4:1-12; Rev 13.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog and Rev 16:12-16 the place called Armageddon.

Rev 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
Rev 16:13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Rev 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
Rev 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Armageddon, Harmageddon, Mageddon known in a few ways of different spellings, but being a city called Megiddo found in the Jezreel Valley between Nazareth and Jerusalem being a place of troops, an assembly of troops, a gathering of troops; a mountain assembly of troops, a mountain rendezvous of troops, or a mountain gathering of troops.

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Rev 20:7-10.

Let's take a closer look at Rev 20:7-10.
1. After the 1000 years are expired Satan will be set loose, but doesn't say how long he is set loose before he is cast into the lake of fire.

2. Satan goes out immediately to deceive the nations.

3. These nations are in the four quarters of the earth, (N S E W) that Satan gathers together as the enemies of God are great as the numbering of the sand of the sea.

4. Four quarters of the earth are east, west, north and south as described in Ezekiel 38:1-6 in all who come against Israel in the final battle called Armageddon.

5. The breadth of the earth means the saints that are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth.

6. God sends fire down from heaven to devour/destroy the enemies of God and Satan is cast into the lake of fire where the beast and false prophet are.

Notice where it says the beast and false prophet are, as that happens when Christ returns in the air with His army of angels, Rev 19:11-21, before planting His feet on the Mt of Olives.

Rev 20:7-10 is the defeat of Satan after the battle of Armageddon where he calls all the nations to come against Israel one last time as prophesied in Ezekiel 38:1-6 that describes these nations. In this battle, this Gog-Magog War, this Armageddon battle, is a different type of battle from any other ones found in scripture including the king of the north and south in Daniel 11 as this takes place after Satan is bound and then set loose for what I believe 1000 years is symbolic in it's numbering like that of a figurative number, not a literal number as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8. 7:9;1Chronicles16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8.

Those that have rejected Christ that still remain on earth after the beast, false prophet and all the ruling leaders from every nation that followed after the beast are destroyed, Rev 19:11-21 are those who are the numbering as the sand of the sea. These are the enemy of God that Satan uses to battle against the saints during the battle of Armageddon that are camped upon the breadth of the earth after Satan is released for a season. The saints are camped not only in Jerusalem the beloved city of God, but also throughout the breadth of the earth. It's only the 144,000 generational Jews that believe in Christ that have returned to Jerusalem. After the 1000 years are fulfilled Satan is set loosed for a season and goes out to deceive the nations as he gathers the enemies of Christ to battle against the saints as the numbering of unbelievers is like the sand of the sea. As the enemy surrounds the camp of the saints God sends fire down from heaven and destroys the enemy and Satan is cast into the lake of fire. Zechariah 14; Luke 21:20-22 and Rev 16:16 mentions the battle of Armageddon when Christ and His army of angels return as Christ plants His feet on the mount of Olives for the final battle as Gog and Magog found in Ezekiel Chapter 38 is the battle of Rev 20:7-9.

As I understand all of this it happens at the time of Christ return as I see everything happening very quickly as being the last day when Christ returns for at that time all evil will be destroyed by the brightness of His coming, this present heaven and earth will pass away and restored again before the New Jerusalem will be ushered down from heaven, Rev 21:1-8.

Have you ever considered the war of Gog and Magog is the same as the battle of Armageddon as we study Ezekiel 38:1-6
Not the same battle . Because of what we are told of the aftermath of the Ezekiel war .

I will have to disagree with you on Ezekiel 38&39 being the same as the battle of Armageddon because in Ezekiel chapter 39 we read of 7 years that Israel will burn the enemies weapons .

How do you account for that ?

Ezekiel 39
9And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekiel 38-39 calls this the battle of Gog and Magog that will happen in the latter days when they come up against Israel as God had Ezekiel give prophecy of this as we read in Ezekiel 38:1-2. This will be in the latter years, vs 8, during the time of the sixth vial judgement also explained in Rev 16:12-16 at the place called Armageddon in the end of days.

I'm not sure if the seven years in Ezekiel 39:9 is literal or possibly symbolic as in the divine numbering of seven, especially when this battle starts at the time of the sixth vial judgement.

And my... question to you, is just what doctrine by men have you... been listening to that 'supposes' that seven years of burying the dead bones has to mean for this 'present' world?

Maybe you possibly believe men's false doctrines that when Lord Jesus returns, that nations will no longer exist? If that's the case then you might want to read Revelation about Jesus' promises to His elect that will reign with Him over the nations with the "rod of iron". Also see the latter part of Zechariah 14 which is future Millennium reign time on earth by Christ. The nations then that refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship The KING then, there will be no rain upon their lands, literally.

So how... do you explain the verses just prior... to those above Ezekiel 39:9-10 verses? What's the subject here...

Ezek 39:6-8
6 And I will send a fire on Magog,
and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

Why is God saying He will send that fire also to those who dwell carelessly in the Isles? I thought this event was only about the area of the "mountains of Israel"?

7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute My holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Just when will God not allow the rebellious of Israel to pollute His Holy Name any more, when those unbelieving Jews fall to worship the coming false-Messiah before Jesus returns? No, the unbelieving Jews will remain in 'false worship' all the way up to Christ's future return. And likewise with the 'heathen', they won't really know The LORD, the Holy One of Israel, until the day of Christ's future return on the last day of this present world.

8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
KJV

What "day"? The day of God's future Vengeance at the END of this world. That is the timing being given here about the 7 years burying of the dead bones of the northern army that will come upon Israel on the last day of this present world when Jesus comes.

The Ezekiel 39 verses after that... link to the supper of The Great God at the end of Revelation 19 about Jesus' coming to do battle with His army from Heaven. That happens on the last day of this world.

Also in those next Ezekiel 39 verses God is speaking of His ultimate triumph, and how the ten tribe "house of Israel" will on that day then know... from that point forward, that He cast them away for their rebellion, and that even the heathen will then know about that. And then there's this...

Ezek 39:25-29
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD;
Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

When did that happen? It has NOT YET happened, because God is speaking this to the ten lost tribes of the "house of Israel", and NOT to the 3 tribe "house of Judah" (JEWS). No doubt you probably don't have a clue as to the difference (begin at 1 Kings 11 and go through 2 Kings 17). Jews ONLY... of the "house of Judah" have been returning to the holy land, NOT the ten lost tribes of Israel!

The ten lost tribes of Israel, i.e., the "house of Israel", will not be gathered until the day of Jesus' future return on the "day of the Lord", the last day of this present world. The ten lost tribes were scattered to where they lost... their heritage as being part of old Israel. Most of them today think they are Gentiles. That is one of God's meanings here about the "house of Israel" will at this point then understand that God scattered them, and even the unbelieving heathen at this point in time will also understand about that. So that does not happen until the day of Christ's future return when that will be revealed to all peoples.

28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which cause them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide My face any more from them: for I have poured out My spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
KJV

Because God mentions the GATHERING of all the tribes of Israel there, and that is yet to occur because it will only be fulfilled at Christ's future coming, that puts the Hamongog event on the actual "day of the Lord", the LAST DAY of this world when Jesus returns with His army.

Last edited:
I think we got off to bad start with my first comment , let me try again DavidT , sorry for any confusion on my part .

It appears that the Amillennialists are at again, distorting and twisting The Word of God about the timing of the battle of Armageddon of Revelation 16 on the 7th Vial.
I am NOT Amillennial . But I did reply to your thread so that could have started the confusion .

Armageddon = Ezek.38 Gog-Magog alignment of nations HAPPENING NOW, in prep for the battle on the "day of the Lord", the day Jesus returns in our near future.

Ezekiel 38 specifically names... the nation alignment representing Gog-Magog as the army out of the northern quarters that will come up against Israel on the final day of this world.
Do you believe as I do the Ezekiel War and the Battle of Armageddon are two separate events ? With the Ezekiel war happening first ?

Do you believe as I do the Ezekiel War and the Battle of Armageddon are two separate events ? With the Ezekiel war happening first ?

Yes. However, I do not... believe the Ezekiel 38-39 war is for after Christ's future "thousand years" reign. The proof of why I say that is easy to, if... one will simply stay with God's Word about it as written.

1. the Ezekiel 38 chapter gives a LIST of the nations that are to attack Israel on the last day of this present world. The location of their attack? Israel in the middle east, and upon what people there? UNBELIEVING JEWS.

2. the attack by Satan once he is loosed after the 1,000 years, leading the Gog-Magog army, is to be an attack upon what location?? Upon the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city" (put for Jerusalem on earth). That's means CHRIST'S CHURCH on earth at future JERUSALEM after Christ's future 1,000 years reign with His elect.

Rev 20:7-9
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And
they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
KJV

What is the actual difference of Gog/Magog being mentioned in both Scriptures? It is this...

Ezekiel 38 example of Gog/Magog names SPECIFIC nations that attack the nation of Israel in the middle east, which represent MOSTLY unbelieving JEWS or Orthodox Judaism.

But Revelation 20:8-9 Gog/Magog does NOT mention any 'specific' nations, and points to their attack led by Satan being upon the CHRISTIAN "camp of the saints" on earth at the "beloved city" Jerusalem on earth. So the Gog/Magog mention in Rev.20 is put for Satan's host that follow him, i.e., the unbelieving of the nations on earth. And that could possibly mean more than the nations listed in Ezek.38.

Last edited:
Yes. However, I do not... believe the Ezekiel 38-39 war is for after Christ's future "thousand years" reign. The proof of why I say that is easy to, if... one will simply stay with God's Word about it as written.
Ok , I agree .
1. the Ezekiel 38 chapter gives a LIST of the nations that are to attack Israel on the last day of this present world. The location of their attack? Israel in the middle east, and upon what people there? UNBELIEVING JEWS.
Is the Ezekiel Ch. 38-39 War fought before the Battle of Armageddon ?
2. the attack by Satan once he is loosed after the 1,000 years, leading the Gog-Magog army, is to be an attack upon what location?? Upon the "camp of the saints" and "beloved city" (put for Jerusalem on earth). That's means CHRIST'S CHURCH on earth at future JERUSALEM after Christ's future 1,000 years reign with His elect.
I agree .

Ok , I agree .

Is the Ezekiel Ch. 38-39 War fought before the Battle of Armageddon ?

No. That appears to be a Pop idea going around today among some, but that idea doesn't fit per God's Word.

Compare these 2 Scripture examples...

Rev 19:14-19
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great."
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him That sat on the horse, and against His army.
KJV

Ezek 39:17-21
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
21 And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.
KJV

The battle of Armageddon (Rev.16), and battle shown in Rev.19 when Jesus comes, and the battle of Ezekiel 38 & 39, and the battle of Zechariah 14, and of Zephaniah 3:8, and Joel 3, are all the SAME battle on the 'last day' of this world, what is called the "day of the Lord". That is the day of Jesus Christ's future appearing.

No. That appears to be a Pop idea going around today among some, but that idea doesn't fit per God's Word.

Compare these 2 Scripture examples...

Rev 19:14-19
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great."
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him That sat on the horse, and against His army.
KJV

Ezek 39:17-21
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.
21 And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.
KJV

The battle of Armageddon (Rev.16), and battle shown in Rev.19 when Jesus comes, and the battle of Ezekiel 38 & 39, and the battle of Zechariah 14, and of Zephaniah 3:8, and Joel 3, are all the SAME battle on the 'last day' of this world, what is called the "day of the Lord". That is the day of Jesus Christ's future appearing.
There is no "Beast" or the Kings of the earth mention in the Ezekiel passage above , why is that do you suppose ?

The war of armegeddon commences after the Euphrates river is dried up in revelation 16.This is caused by the 3.5 year drought mentioned in revelation 11.This drought and loss of the river Euphrates will be devastating to Muslims in Iran,Iraq,Syria and turkey and will lead them to armegeddon.

Muslims are instructed in the Hadith to jihad against the Dajall after a hard three year drought.They are told to kill all the Jews.

The war of armegeddon is before the millinium.
Gog and the countries outside the millinial kingdom come against the saints in Israel after the millinium.

Two totally separate events.

There is no "Beast" or the Kings of the earth mention in the Ezekiel passage above , why is that do you suppose ?

A 'must have beast or kings of the earth mention' in Ezekiel 38 & 39 is not... a requirement to understand that it is talking about the final battle on the last day of this present world.

Egypt,being one of the ten kings does not accompany Gog in his final battle after the millinium.
Egypt is destroyed at the time of the first resurection in Daniel 12:1-2.

Daniel 11:42
He will extend his power over many countries; Egypt will not escape.

Egypt will be desolate for 40 years after the war of armegeddon.No one will pass through it.

Ezekiel 29
11 No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Ezekiel 29
15 It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that they shall no more rule over the nations.

People like David who believe both wars are the same war often can't explain why Ethiopia and Lybya come against the resurected saints in the land of Israel but not Egypt.
None of Israels ten Muslim neighbors exist during the millinium.None of the countries from the Euphrates to the Nile. And the only people who survive armegeddon in those countries are them who are saved.That is why only the nations outside of the promised land (from ephrates to the Nile)come against the resurected saints.

Back