Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Rejected?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Guap

I once had a great opportunity. I put in a proposal, prayed hard and waited for the response. I kept praying and praying but there was no response. The opportunity was lost. It was hard not to get frustrated at God! I asked myself, did God reject me?

In Gen 4 we read the story of Cain and Abel. It is a story of the effects of sin upon Cain, who was the first person born under sin. Cain gives an offering, but it is just ‘some’ of what he can give. We find in 4:5 that God had no regard for Cain’s offering and so Cain got angry.

It is hard to strike out against God. So where did Cain strike? He struck out against his brother. Sin wants to bring in division between people and the easiest target is the person with whom Cain is closest – his brother. The result is that the relationship is destroyed. Sin used Cain’s feeling of rejection from God left him isolated.

It makes me wonder if I ever feel rejected by God. Perhaps it is when I pray for something and God doesn’t answer me in the way I want, in the time frame I want. Perhaps it is when I feel rejected by others who are part of God’s people.

It also makes me wonder what I do with that rejection. Do I hit out at those who are close to me? Do I realise what is going on? Or do I resolve it and return to an inner state of peace?

Taken by http://ontoxenos.wordpress.com/2014/04/16/rejected/ used with permission.

That my friend is a very complex issue that we all face at one time or another. Once we become saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ, have the indwelling Holy Spirit, and realize that we are "bought with a price", we no longer are our own masters of the future. The Lord Jesus Christ becomes our Master.

Most of the time, we feel so safe in that fact, but, when we don't get what we want so desperately, we get frustrated with God. That is just normal "flesh" reaction. In James Chapter 4:1 it says what causes these frustrations, "Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you?" Then it says, "you ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions".

So here is the problem. We cannot look into the future, but Jesus our Master Owner can. He knows what is best for us. Lets just imagine that Jesus sees that the choice we were asking for would have turned out bad for us, He would not want that for us, He has another plan in mind and if we are patient and continue to wait on Jesus He will bring in just the right opportunity for us.

It's all about patience in God and His perfect timing as patience strengthens our faith in knowing God has our best interest in His hands. In those times of missed opportunities where God seems to us to be silent it is God planning something better for us.

Back