Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Religious Equality

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
It's God that does the plucking, not us.
I don't think going around forcing people to convert or die like radical Muslims would make for a good witness. Plus, as I always tell unbelievers who think Christians are to forcfully convert people--you can't force someone to convert, having a relationship with God is something no one can force you into. They can make you pretend, but they can't make you actually do it. So Christians going around forcing people to convert would be counter productive.

Though I supposed it depends what you mean by religious equality...if one were to mean, are all religions equal, as in are they are true, the obvious answer would be no. They can't all be true. And Biblically, Christianity is the only true "religion".
But are all religions equal in the eye of the law...I'd say so, and if not they should be. An institution run by fallen man doesn't have the authority to tell others what is and is not truth--it's something individuals have to discover for themselves.

I will give just few verses

Matt 15:13 has a lot to say and demonstrate.

He (Christ) replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by
the roots.

Exo 20:3 You shall have no other God before me

? Where does God say anything about not allowing religious freedom? Or where does He say the obvious opposite.....Do not allow religious freedom in your country. In fact, where does God/Jesus speak about being involved in world governments at all.
It seems to me God says "come out of her my people" not "go in and rule her my people".
It seems to me God says He wants us to be a "peculiar people" that stick out like a healed thumb in a sick world not blend in with a sick world masquerading as a healed world.
How many were a peculiar people in Elijah's generation?

It's God that does the plucking, not us.
I don't think going around forcing people to convert or die like radical Muslims would make for a good witness. Plus, as I always tell unbelievers who think Christians are to forcfully convert people--you can't force someone to convert, having a relationship with God is something no one can force you into. They can make you pretend, but they can't make you actually do it. So Christians going around forcing people to convert would be counter productive.

Though I supposed it depends what you mean by religious equality...if one were to mean, are all religions equal, as in are they are true, the obvious answer would be no. They can't all be true. And Biblically, Christianity is the only true "religion".
But are all religions equal in the eye of the law...I'd say so, and if not they should be. An institution run by fallen man doesn't have the authority to tell others what is and is not truth--it's something individuals have to discover for themselves.
I didnt say: kill antiChristians. :crying did I?

God didnt want anyother god besides HIM - amd still doesnt.

Man failed: which is the reason we have all these

? Where does God say anything about not allowing religious freedom? Or where does He say the obvious opposite.....Do not allow religious freedom in your country. In fact, where does God/Jesus speak about being involved in world governments at all.
It seems to me God says "come out of her my people" not "go in and rule her my people".
It seems to me God says He wants us to be a "peculiar people" that stick out like a healed thumb in a sick world not blend in with a sick world masquerading as a healed world.
I doubt if the worship of other gods was allowed in Israel. When it did...we know the conseqience. Soloms and his foreign wives

I guess there is religious equality, all the way up until judgment day that is. God doesn't force Himself on anyone.

I don't see religious equality. I don't see all religions as equal.

It's that all Men are created by God as equals. They have certain rights as men, given to them by God. One of which is to choose whom they will service.
Even in Israel, under the Law of Moses, did all men choose to service God? Obviously not. For at times they would go through the motions of obeying the Law but it didn't change the majorities hearts and so as a nation they fell over and over. But if hearts are changed by the Gospel message, true change comes about and lasts from generation to generation.
imo.
For generations we have had an extremely conservative leaning Church and now we are seeing the extremely liberal leaning Church. I am speaking as a whole. I believe the truth of the matter is in the middle. I think that there are several people on this particular forum who have found this place of grace and mercy that naturally brings about obedience to God.

I didnt say: kill antiChristians. :crying did I?

God didnt want anyother god besides HIM - amd still doesnt.

Man failed: which is the reason we have all these
Sure. No arguments there. I just don't think that should equal outlaw anything other than Christianity. Other people have the right to practice another religion if they choose. I simply can't make others believe in God and worship Him alone. I can't control others, but I can control myself.

I don't see religious equality. I don't see all religions as equal.

It's that all Men are created by God as equals. They have certain rights as men, given to them by God. One of which is to choose whom they will service.
Even in Israel, under the Law of Moses, did all men choose to service God? Obviously not. For at times they would go through the motions of obeying the Law but it didn't change the majorities hearts and so as a nation they fell over and over. But if hearts are changed by the Gospel message, true change comes about and lasts from generation to generation.
imo.
For generations we have had an extremely conservative leaning Church and now we are seeing the extremely liberal leaning Church. I am speaking as a whole. I believe the truth of the matter is in the middle. I think that there are several people on this particular forum who have found this place of grace and mercy that naturally brings about obedience to God.

You're right sister, and I agree with you. I think perhaps I had a poor choice of words. I believe that we're differing in context only. I was speaking from individualistic sort of perspective, whereas you seem to be speaking in a nationalistic sort of perspective. From a political or nationalistic perspective, no, all religions are not equal. Most wars are religious wars (at their core). If there was religious equality, there'd be no persecution.

But individually, in our hearts, we can choose whom we will serve.

Your message is spot on but for the highlighted in red. I find myself, sometimes guilty of this same misnomer and I try to watch myself on it to the point that I, still often, go back and correct by rephrasing what I have said. I know in my case and I believe in most cases this error in terminology comes from the World's influence but while there is a religion called Christianity, it is a lie.

True Christianity intrigues Lost People and has been the resulting cause of more than one convert. You have proven in the past that you know what I'm about to say but for the benefit of the hidden seeker I'll explain;

Christianity, true Christianity, is a relationship, one on one, with God. There are billions that poo-fah or nay-say this thought but then, even if they attend a Christian Church every Sunday they are not saved except they have, at least, at some point, began this relationship. When we read Matthew 22:1-14 we find that a case can be made for two classes of Christians because there are the members of the bride that is logically, greatly, out numbered by the guests. We know that no one goes to the wedding that does not remain in Heaven because God is not capricious on nature and will not allow anyone to bask in the glory and then send them to Hell.

When a person is saved, not necessarily when they are Baptized because Baptism does not save but when they are saved there is a general agreement with what I knew and experienced that night. From my conversion and discussion with many others there is first a strong but quiet peace overcomes the person that is impossible to explain. At this point the saved man, woman, boy or girl has a decision to make and I believe it is in Peter that we are instructed not to quench the Spirit and if we don't quench but listen to what some refer to as our conscious our lives will drastically change and the mysterious Bible, any version, makes perfect sense.

After this event we will read passages in the scripture as we read the Bible, ¿from front to rear?, that each time we reread them are mystically revealed with new understanding and new Life Applications. The, single, most important thing to remember is to never allow your conversion to become an exercise in religion, Jesus did not come to establish one more useless religion but, rather, to regain the Fellowship lost with His Creation in the Garden because of Adam's, not Eve's, sin.

Yes,you are free to believe in other religions but if that does not include being a born again Christian or believing in Jesus Christ there will be consequences.Like not going to heaven.

Hey Deb,
I might be full of myself... I did spend 25 years on stage trying to be every woman's darling but if you are running windoze you can change your keyboard layout to International and I believe you can use the Right ALT + ? or / and it will give you the ¿. You can google "change keyboard layout+your win system" and it will tell you to go to the Control Panel, then Keyboard and how to change the layout. There is microscopic difference but you then have all the Spanish accents form using one or two additional+key strokes and otherwise it just the same. I'm playing with learning Spanish was my reason but I like it for accenting.

If I got to full of myself again, just say so, I think I'm a big boy by this point... maybe! Oh yeah it also gives you ¡.

Your message is spot on but for the highlighted in red. I find myself, sometimes guilty of this same misnomer and I try to watch myself on it to the point that I, still often, go back and correct by rephrasing what I have said. I know in my case and I believe in most cases this error in terminology comes from the World's influence but while there is a religion called Christianity, it is a lie.

True Christianity intrigues Lost People and has been the resulting cause of more than one convert. You have proven in the past that you know what I'm about to say but for the benefit of the hidden seeker I'll explain;

Christianity, true Christianity, is a relationship, one on one, with God. There are billions that poo-fah or nay-say this thought but then, even if they attend a Christian Church every Sunday they are not saved except they have, at least, at some point, began this relationship. When we read Matthew 22:1-14 we find that a case can be made for two classes of Christians because there are the members of the bride that is logically, greatly, out numbered by the guests. We know that no one goes to the wedding that does not remain in Heaven because God is not capricious on nature and will not allow anyone to bask in the glory and then send them to Hell.

When a person is saved, not necessarily when they are Baptized because Baptism does not save but when they are saved there is a general agreement with what I knew and experienced that night. From my conversion and discussion with many others there is first a strong but quiet peace overcomes the person that is impossible to explain. At this point the saved man, woman, boy or girl has a decision to make and I believe it is in Peter that we are instructed not to quench the Spirit and if we don't quench but listen to what some refer to as our conscious our lives will drastically change and the mysterious Bible, any version, makes perfect sense.

After this event we will read passages in the scripture as we read the Bible, ¿from front to rear?, that each time we reread them are mystically revealed with new understanding and new Life Applications. The, single, most important thing to remember is to never allow your conversion to become an exercise in religion, Jesus did not come to establish one more useless religion but, rather, to regain the Fellowship lost with His Creation in the Garden because of Adam's, not Eve's, sin.

Well said brother! :amen:goodpost

Hey Deb,
I might be full of myself... I did spend 25 years on stage trying to be every woman's darling but if you are running windoze you can change your keyboard layout to International and I believe you can use the Right ALT + ? or / and it will give you the ¿. You can google "change keyboard layout+your win system" and it will tell you to go to the Control Panel, then Keyboard and how to change the layout. There is microscopic difference but you then have all the Spanish accents form using one or two additional+key strokes and otherwise it just the same. I'm playing with learning Spanish was my reason but I like it for accenting.

If I got to full of myself again, just say so, I think I'm a big boy by this point... maybe! Oh yeah it also gives you ¡.

Nope, you've been a perfect gentleman. :)

However, computer whiz kid, I don't know why you are suggesting I change my keyboard. I'm not against it, I just don't know what benefit it would be?

Nope, you've been a perfect gentleman. :)

However, computer whiz kid, I don't know why you are suggesting I change my keyboard. I'm not against it, I just don't know what benefit it would be?
AAAwwwwwww! I was you accent a question with ? before and after and thought you might be trying to figure how a smart... like me uses the ¿. Like I said, to many years on the stage, at the mike and that hot spot light fried my brain.:dunce

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back