Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Remember the good ol' days...

...when mom let you eat a lump of raw hamburger when she was busy in the kitchen preparing supper?

What do you remember about the good ol' days before scientific research, common sense, and political correctness ruined everything?

A warm bologna sandwich.. so unsafe... the apple had smashed it ....my hands smelled like fish and worms ....best sandwich ever....The Pepsi was warm

A warm bologna sandwich.. so unsafe... the apple had smashed it ....my hands smelled like fish and worms ....best sandwich ever....The Pepsi was warm

Ah yes, the good ol' days...before people knew Coke was better than Pepsi, lol. (You started it!)

Remember when phone math really was easy...for you and everyone else on your party line, lol.

(If you haven't seen the Charter commercial of the dad teaching his daughter phone bill math you won't get it.)

playing on a playground in an old Korean war jet that is now in a penscola air museum. play grounds that aren't "safe" by today standards. tree climbing.

gasp riding on a bike with no helmet. I don't disagree with that new safetly thing today for bikes. people here simply don't respect a bycyclist.

Lived in a town a couple years that only had 3 maybe 4 phones the sheriff, Doc and pay phone at the bar... I was blessed to be a kid in the "happy days"

We could jump on the bikes and be gone most the day Drink water from the creek.. steal fruit :) swiping empty PEPSI bottles to buy a baseball... Play hide-n- seek when the power was off...

playing on a playground in an old Korean war jet that is now in a penscola air museum. play grounds that aren't "safe" by today standards.
Leaving your kids unattended at a public playground, or letting them go into the restroom by themselves. I shudder at the thought today.

here I wish I was old enough to remember when the rich didn't destroy the beach. there is so much beauty that is gone forever.

http://www.traillink.com/trail/historic-jungle-trail.aspx

that was very beautiful one time. I went there today. the marbrisa thread I mentioned has areas that is near that. it once was great for kids to swim, fish and families.
Ah yes, where the Indian River is, and back when it flowed in the right direction, lol.

that one was in my local playground for years. It had the nose section and cockpit that I use to crawl into.it was one of two that were still in existence.

the indian river didn't change directions that is the st. johns.

The St. Johns River is the longest river in the U.S. state of Florida and its most significant for commercial and recreational use. At 310 miles (500 km) long, it winds through or borders twelve counties, three of which are the state's largest. The drop in elevation from the headwaters to the mouth is less than 30 feet (9.1 m); like most Florida waterways, the St. Johns has a very low flow rate, 0.3 mph (0.5 km/h), and is often described as "lazy".<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-whitney215_2-0">[2]</sup> It is one of the few rivers in the US flowing north.

from wikepedia the head lake is in my county and its a great fishing hole.

the indian river didn't change directions that is the st. johns.

The St. Johns River is the longest river in the U.S. state of Florida and its most significant for commercial and recreational use. At 310 miles (500 km) long, it winds through or borders twelve counties, three of which are the state's largest. The drop in elevation from the headwaters to the mouth is less than 30 feet (9.1 m); like most Florida waterways, the St. Johns has a very low flow rate, 0.3 mph (0.5 km/h), and is often described as "lazy".<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-whitney215_2-0">[2]</sup> It is one of the few rivers in the US flowing north.
from wikepedia the head lake is in my county and its a great fishing hole.
You're right. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
playing on a playground in an old Korean war jet that is now in a penscola air museum.
No...flying an old Korean war jet that is now on display in a Pensacola air museum.
[MENTION=88699]Jethro Bodine[/MENTION]:

Were you a flyer, Sir?

Blessings.
Thank you for asking, but I was not.

I sense your respect for those who do/ did. I worked in a fighter squadron with the pilots and can tell you they have a very demanding job. Long hours and heavy workloads that demand intense concentration, technical attention, and strength...with the added danger of losing your life, even in training and peace time. Frankly, I probably couldn't have done it. I'm not kidding. Your respect for those who fly is appropriate.

<sup class="versenum">7 </sup>Give to everyone what you owe them...if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." (Romans 13:7 NIV) :thumbsup

Remember the good ol' days...
The world's warmest seatbelt/air bag....mom's arm.

I remember my brother and myself ,we are two yrs apart ,hiding in the closet in order to miss the Sunday School Bus, and my mother dragging us out just in time.Can you imagine a whole week of boring school lessons jammed down the throat and homework in the afternoon and only Saturday off. This "sweat of your brow thing" caused by Adam and Eve was bad news for cowboys and crooks with only one rest day.
Nowdays the Sunday School teacher has to lock the classroom door in case robbers steal the collection from the kids , or cars get stolen ,or even the congregation have to worry about being attacked while listening to the word of God.The Sunday School episode happend at my youngest grandsons class last Sunday ,where the Security Officials hired for protection managed to ward off the attackers.

Lazy summer days with the neighbor kids at the swimming home in the trout creek that ran through my dad's farm.

Walking the 5 miles on country roads from our farm to the local general store, picking up bottles on the side of the road and turning them in for 2 cents a bottle to buy some candy. Barefoot the whole way, popping with my toes the little tar bubbles that formed on the paved road in the heat of the day.

I remember my brother and myself ,we are two yrs apart ,hiding in the closet in order to miss the Sunday School Bus, and my mother dragging us out just in time.Can you imagine a whole week of boring school lessons jammed down the throat and homework in the afternoon and only Saturday off. This "sweat of your brow thing" caused by Adam and Eve was bad news for cowboys and crooks with only one rest day.
Nowdays the Sunday School teacher has to lock the classroom door in case robbers steal the collection from the kids , or cars get stolen ,or even the congregation have to worry about being attacked while listening to the word of God.The Sunday School episode happend at my youngest grandsons class last Sunday ,where the Security Officials hired for protection managed to ward off the attackers.

Where were you living at the time, Tony?

Jethro was navy? ah that is why he quoted the hair reg under a different number.
I was Air Force.

It's been a long time, but I thought 35-10 was a military wide reg, but it was an Air Force reg after all. They changed it to something else in '94 according to someone in an on-line forum.

Back