Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Remember the good ol' days...

I remember Oleo when it came in a heavy plastic bag, looked white like lard, had a little ball of orange coloring in the center, and we had to knead it to turn into something resembling butter.

I also remember the various farm vehicles dad had on the farm. There was an old creation called a "mule" which dad pronounced "mull-lee", a homemade tractor. Then after the war he had a surplus army Jeep. And in 1960 bought an IH Scout. We kids had great fun driving those things around the hills, sometimes getting everything stuck in the mud at the same time.

kung-fu theatre. [MENTION=841]StoveBolts[/MENTION], my wife is part Seminole and so is her kids,jaci is mostly Cherokee. the Cherokee call themselves Indians, or just Cherokee.

I remember actually playing outside, using my imagination. We didn't have computers or video games...until Atari came out in my teens. I would go in the woods and hike around for hours or go fishing at the lake...all day sometimes. As long as my parents knew where I was going and I was home before dark, all was good. Being a kid was fun. :)

Yes, the days before pagers, cell phones, laptops, iPads, iPods, MP3 players, and portable cassette players.

Plaid polyester and leisure jackets.

I will say mark, I know a man who has a cj3 modified for a mail truck and it had no power to it.i used to see cj3 trashed in Yakima firing center in Washington as they couldn't go where the HMMV goes easily. man the memories of that hell hole. hot or cold and windy.

These belong to the good ol' days? How do you figure?

Me and cousin Eddie will let you know when those belong to the good ol' days.

Next thing you know you'll be saying greasy comb-overs are a thing from the good ol' days.

These belong to the good ol' days? How do you figure?

Me and cousin Eddie will let you know when those belong to the good ol' days.

Next thing you know you'll be saying greasy comb-overs are a thing from the good ol' days.
:lol

Get Smart.
When television censorship rules wouldn't allow a man and woman, even depicted as married, to be viewed sleeping in the same bed.
When Barbara Eden pushed the envelope playing the role of Jeanie.
Clean comedy.

My mom couldn't find me one day when I was about 2 years old.
She said she finally found me in the kitchen pantry with the door closed behind me.
I was sitting on the floor eating raw onions out of the bag.

:shock

My dad enjoyed eating raw onions. He would pick them from the garden and eat them like an apple. To this day I can't eat much raw onion. I love them cooked but can't take them raw.

Gas (Regular was the only thing available) was 18 cents per gallon from a gravity dispensing pump; you had to first use the hand pump to fill a glass see through container with lines showing the amount of gas you wanted.

My first car was a 38 Chevy I paid $20 for but it got me to Tijuana so I could buy Tequila until the Border Guards caught me.

Cigarettes even out of a machine were 20 cents a pack.

Candy and ice cream bars were 5 cents, and much bigger.

Ration stamps to buy certain products.

Reg milk was 4 cents per quart, sour milk was two cents, and clabbered was 1 cent; my mom could make many meals using 1 cent milk, and nothing was thrown away.

I remember seeing my first indoor toilet around 9 yrs old and had to try it several times.

Even in later years while in the Air Force and married with two children my last 60 cents was spent to buy one dozen sea worms which were just 9 inch centipedes that had to be handled with gloves, but they could be torn in half as bait and catch twice as many fish, and they were sure good eating.

Later yet I would near always have two jobs; I had a $78 PITI mortgage, car, and furniture payments.

I now am retired, and when I got there I remembered how God had made Abraham and Sarah return unto to the time of life; they were made young again. I remember asking somewhat in humor; Father, please don’t do to me what you did to Abraham and Sarah by making me go through it again.

Good old days? I would never trade today for yesterday. I have heard some say if they had it to do over they would do it different this time. I have thought of that and the same lusts of life and other worldly pursuits with experience might take me down a worse road than I traveled. I thank God He brought me the way He has, though I could have saved many trials paying attention in the first place.

Back