Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Return of ... Stryper?!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I was listening to Air1 radio and I noticed a link on their site that led to an article about ... Stryper ... returning ... yes, indeed, according to the article they've signed a new record deal ...

Here's the link to the article:

http://www.air1.com/blog/post/2013/03/05/STRYPER-Making-A-COMEBACK!!.aspx

faeriecat:

So you're into Stryper, then? They certainly have a style of their own, and Bible references have in the past been quite prominent.

Kind of classic hard rock.

I think in recent years, Stryper has taken on a new lease of life, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was not a believer in the 1980's but remember listening to them as I was into metal. They had a pretty heavy sound.

Yeah they do have a pretty heavy sound which appeals to some folks. Myself included, though not my gentleman. I'm looking forward to the new album(s).

To this day I just love "To Hell with the Devil" ... straight to the point. LOL :)

Yeah they do have a pretty heavy sound which appeals to some folks. Myself included, though not my gentleman. I'm looking forward to the new album(s).

[MENTION=91283]faeriecat[/MENTION]:

Yes, I know that there is something very immediate, rigorous and compelling about some really solid Christian hard rock, right?

Blessings.

Meh, never much cared for them. Always considered them to be a Christian Rock wannabe of the mainstream "Hair Bands."

Meh, never much cared for them. Always considered them to be a Christian Rock wannabe of the mainstream "Hair Bands."
[MENTION=90631]Knotical[/MENTION] : Would you maybe have liked them better with haircuts? :)

Hah, no. I really had no opinion of any of the bands as to how the "looked" just what kind of music they played.

[MENTION=90631]Knotical[/MENTION] : Would you maybe have liked them better with haircuts? :)

Hah, no. I really had no opinion of any of the bands as to how the "looked" just what kind of music they played.

K: I guess you just weren't all that impressed with their sound and lyrics, then.

K: I guess you just weren't all that impressed with their sound and lyrics, then.

I think maybe taht's why there's so much variety in music. To find the sound and lyrics to appeal to all. While I might listen to Stryper, Petra, Skillet, etc ... my gentleman finds bands like Third Day and Phillips Craig and Dean to be more appealing ... all of these bands have good messages; just in different formats for different tastes ...

I think maybe taht's why there's so much variety in music. To find the sound and lyrics to appeal to all. While I might listen to Stryper, Petra, Skillet, etc ... my gentleman finds bands like Third Day and Phillips Craig and Dean to be more appealing ... all of these bands have good messages; just in different formats for different tastes ...

faeriecat:

So it's the hard rock style of all three bands that you really like, then?

Blessings.

Somewhat yes. ANd just how their lyrics snap together with the tunes. That and Skillet has a lady drummer, adds to the "coolness" factor of them.

Don't get me wrong, I also listen to a wide variety of other genres and sub-genres, but the "metal" type tends to be my default these days.

Somewhat yes. ANd just how their lyrics snap together with the tunes. That and Skillet has a lady drummer, adds to the "coolness" factor of them.

Don't get me wrong, I also listen to a wide variety of other genres and sub-genres, but the "metal" type tends to be my default these days.
@faeriecat :

Yes, heavy metal / hard rock: something confident and vigorous to it, not suprising that it's a kind of 'default' to some people; & someone else on her, @questdriven , is similar to you, I think. Yes, Jen Ledger (who now is tattooed with a faith based design, you know?) succeeded another lady drummer on Skillet, I think.

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
STRYPER <3

Hi, Air, I was re-reading the thread; did you miss out some words on your post?

Blessings.

(PS: People are often not equivocal about Stryper, don't you thin? either they like the band a lot or not at all.)

STRYPER <3

Blessings.

(PS: People are often not equivocal about Stryper, don't you thin? either they like the band a lot or not at all.)

No.. noo ;) "<3" is used as a heart in txt messages, internet. It's like internet language, when heart is not available. This is how it should look like... STRYPER :heart
:bounceball

STRYPER <3

Blessings.

No.. noo ;) "<3" is used as a heart in txt messages, internet. It's like internet language, when heart is not available. This is how it should look like... STRYPER :heart
:bounceball

AIR:

Oh okay!

(Also looks like a sideways ice-cream, I suppose...)

Stryper has a style of its own, certainly.

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] Hehe, I thought it was an ice cream too until I heard it's a heart... :lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back