Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rev 9: the destroying creatures from hell, and the horsemen breathing fire, smoke, and brimstone.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What's the difference between a demon and an unclean spirit?
None. Demons are usually translated devils, and Jesus shows they are one and the same.

And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father. (Luke 9)

The devil/demon throwing him down is called the unclean spirit, that Jesus rebukes.

All demons, devils, and unclean spirits are the same, and would appear to be the lying and evil spirits as well.

And since Scripture speaks of evil angels in Psalms 78, and angels that sinned in 2 Peter 2, as well as all angels being ministering spirits, then I think it reasonable to conclude that the demons, devils, and unclean, lying, evil spirits are the evil angels that sinned with Lucifer.

Possession is real and present today.

Some persons believe the devil is chained?
The angels that sinned are chained in hell. The devil will not be chained in the pit of hell until the Lord's return.

Some would preach the roaring lion is on 'a leash'.

True. God created all angels and one became the devil and others became devils following him.

God created all men, and and all have become of the devil by sinning, except Jesus. Not all men now are of the devil but of God again.

I don't agree any are in heaven. I believe Rev 12 shows Satan has been cast out of heaven with his following angels. Jesus say it Himself as lightning into the earth. Satan is on earth as a roaring lion and in the air as the god of this world. The angels that sinned with him are now chained in hell awaiting judgement.

I believe there will be a limited number of evil unclean spirits loosed again at the end of the last days, such as Rev 16, with creatures having power of Satan for destructive purposes, such as Rev 9.

Correct. At this time I see only doctrinal and spiritual error seduced by Satan and devils, but not physical manifestation on earth at this time. They were well known in Jesus' day and that of His apostles, and will be seen again just before the Lord's return.

The same as the Lord did when visiting Abraham.

Jesus also ate with His disciples with His resurrected body on earth.
Good explanations, many hold those views. You may want to rethink your last, its like comparing the preincarnate appearances of Christ (who likely was one of the angels visiting Abraham in Gen. 18), and Christ in His resurrected human flesh. The "bodies" aren't the same and you probably didn't mean they are, but the juxtaposition implies that equation.

You said "Not saying I am right". I didn't make that up or read into it:
I'm not saying I am right as there is always a possibility in being wrong in how I/we understand scripture. I did say this is my understanding. If others disagree with my understanding then so be it as we can always discuss in a loving manner in where we differ. Big difference in how I put it then those who say I am right and you are wrong and error in the word. None of us are infallible, but God only.

You may want to rethink your last, its like comparing the preincarnate appearances of Christ (who likely was one of the angels visiting Abraham in Gen. 18),
We know He was the Lord, because the Bible says so at the outset.

And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

Teaching the Bible is more simple than we tend to think. It's really just repeating the words of the Bible with common understanding.

The LORD was not one of the angels but the preincarnate Lord.

Abraham bowed down to Him and called Him Lord, and was not corrected as a faithful angel would, such as with John twice in Rev 19 & 22.

And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Abraham recognized Him from the tent door, because he saw Him once before after the slaughter of the kings. Melchisedek.

Abraham also acknowledged the Lord as the Judge of all the earth.

Only the two angels went into Sodom. Not the Lord Himself. He was in heaven to rain down fire and brimstone upon the valley of Sodom.

The "bodies" aren't the same and you probably didn't mean they are, but the juxtaposition implies that equation.
True. Good teaching must not only correct, but also be clear and easy to understand. Thanks.

Last edited:
We know He was the Lord, because the Bible says so at the outset.

And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day.

Teaching the Bible is more simple than we tend to think. It's really just repeating the words of the Bible with common understanding.

The LORD was not one of the angels but the preincarnate Lord.

Abraham bowed down to Him and called Him Lord, and was not corrected as a faithful angel would, such as with John twice in Rev 19 & 22.

And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,

And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:

Abraham recognized Him from the tent door, because he saw Him once before after the slaughter of the kings. Melchisedek.

Abraham also acknowledged the Lord as the Judge of all the earth.

Only the two angels went into Sodom. Not the Lord Himself. He was in heaven to rain down fire and brimstone upon the valley of Sodom.

True. Good teaching must not only correct, but also be clear and easy to understand. Thanks.
I agree. But a concordance search of "the angel of the LORD" will reveal occasions where it seems to be the preincarnate Christ. But it is a "theophany" when Infinite God the Son appears to finite creatures, human or angelic.

Whether Christ chose to use an angel's form, or something different depends on the context:

5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6 who, being in the form of God (μορφῇ θεοῦ), did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:5-11 NKJ)

Revelation chapter 9 aligns with Joel chapter 1. It's the locust army. Its fallen angels, kenites and devil in his role as antichrist. Revelation 9:11, And they had king over them. Its son of perdition in his role as antichrist. He leads the locust army at the 6th trump. Out of their mouth is lies, lies, lies. Jesus told us in John chapter 8, the devil is liar and father of lies. Don't expect any truth from the devil. At the 6th trump, a flood of evil spirits will come to earth. The fallen angels and satan will be here Defacto. He will look like Jesus and act like Him. Revelation chapter 13, the majority will run over each other to get to antichrist. Because they're biblically illiterate. Antichrist is supernatural. Will cause miracles. Many people are not mentally prepared for the supernatural. You don't think antichrist will walk on water and have hordes of people race out to him. Snap his fingers and lightening from sky to earth. Majority will worship antichrist near future. Except God's elect. The election have seal of God, revelation chapter 7. Those who don't have seal of God will worship antichrist. Study the bible.

I agree. But a concordance search of "the angel of the LORD" will reveal occasions where it seems to be the preincarnate Christ. But it is a "theophany" when Infinite God the Son appears to finite creatures, human or angelic.
He did both to appear to man and also to do the work of God on earth.

Back