Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Rev 9: the destroying creatures from hell, and the horsemen breathing fire, smoke, and brimstone.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Atmospheric electricity is the study of electrical charges in the Earth's atmosphere (or that of another planet). The movement of charge between the Earth's surface, the atmosphere, and the ionosphere is known as the global atmospheric electrical circuit. Atmospheric electricity is an interdisciplinary topic with a long history, involving concepts from electrostatics, atmospheric physics, meteorology and Earth science.

And so, it is impossible for the Lord of glory to return in the air with great power as lightning shine, and not affect the earth's electricity.

The ionosphere (/aɪˈɒnəˌsfɪər/)[1][2] is the ionized part of the upper atmosphere of Earth, from about 48 km (30 mi) to 965 km (600 mi) above sea level,[3] a region that includes the thermosphere and parts of the mesosphere and exosphere. The ionosphere is ionized by solar radiation. It plays an important role in atmospheric electricity and forms the inner edge of the magnetosphere. It has practical importance because, among other functions, it influences radio propagation to distant places on Earth.[4] It also affects GPS signals that travel through this layer.

The ionosphere will obviously be greatly affected by the Lord shining through it into the air.

Of course, we shouldn't rely on science to interpret prophecy of Christ, such as the sun standing still in the sky, but science doesn't need be contradicted either.

Cute. I like the word play, even when it doesn't properly apply.

I'll stick with the cause for modern armies riding horses due to no electric power on earth at the Lord's return in the air.
The Lord is going to show up in a nuclear cloud.
No I don't expect the electricity will be on in Jerusalem then .I expect Jerusalem to be pretty desolate on that day.Everuone who hasn't received the latter rain at the time of harvest will be consumed.

Atmospheric electricity is the study of electrical charges in the Earth's atmosphere (or that of another planet). The movement of charge between the Earth's surface, the atmosphere, and the ionosphere is known as the global atmospheric electrical circuit. Atmospheric electricity is an interdisciplinary topic with a long history, involving concepts from electrostatics, atmospheric physics, meteorology and Earth science.

And so, it is impossible for the Lord of glory to return in the air with great power as lightning shine, and not affect the earth's electricity.

The ionosphere (/aɪˈɒnəˌsfɪər/)[1][2] is the ionized part of the upper atmosphere of Earth, from about 48 km (30 mi) to 965 km (600 mi) above sea level,[3] a region that includes the thermosphere and parts of the mesosphere and exosphere. The ionosphere is ionized by solar radiation. It plays an important role in atmospheric electricity and forms the inner edge of the magnetosphere. It has practical importance because, among other functions, it influences radio propagation to distant places on Earth.[4] It also affects GPS signals that travel through this layer.

The ionosphere will obviously be greatly affected by the Lord shining through it into the air.
I'd say the abomination that caused Jerusalem's desolation on that day had already turned the electricity off in Jerusalem before Jesus is seen in the clouds.

Since you don't show any error in it, then I'll keep it.

Don't read anything about demons in Rev 9.

The locusts are given power as scorpions of the earth.

It says any one not with the seal of God. It would include false witnesses of God.

It also implies there will be true witnesses of God on earth sealed by the Holy Spirit.
What? No demons in Rev. 9???

An angel opens the door to the Abyss (where demons are tormented), and they pour out like black smoke:

NKJ Revelation 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.
3 Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. (Rev. 9:1-3 NKJ)

Demons were terrified Jesus would send them to the Abyss "to be tormented before their time"

30 Jesus asked him, saying, "What is your name?" And he said, "Legion," because many demons had entered him.
31 And they begged Him that He would not command them to go out into the abyss.
(Lk. 8:30-31 NKJ)

And suddenly they cried out, saying, "What have we to do with You, Jesus, You Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?" (Matt. 8:29 NKJ)

The disembodied spirits of the Nephilim "fallen ones" who died in the flood of Noah's day, "the spirits of demons" (πνεύματα δαιμονίων Rev. 16:14) are trapped in the Abyss UNTIL the angel lets them out.

Out of the smoke comes the locusts. They were created by Satan for his disembodied demons to possess so they could attack the apostates of Christendom, torment them for five months, until they convert to the Beast fully, doing what they wanted to do but were too cowardly to do within the time allotted.

After these former sign and wonder working TARES convert to the Beast, he will order his Nephilim hoards to slay them all, sending them directly into the furnace of fire.

The Euphrates was the eastern border of ancient Israel, symbolic of the Holy Land. These demonic calvary flood the earth slaying the third of the earth's population that once called itself Christian but were now apostates.

14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
16 Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.
18 By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed-- by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.
(Rev. 9:14-18 NKJ)

John is amazed the betrayal of these apostates didn't cause the rest of the earth's population to fear:

20 But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.
21 And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
(Rev. 9:20-21 NKJ)

They were children of the Devil all the time, even when pretending to be Christians. But once they take the Mark, that eternal sin seals their fate. No need to keep them alive any longer, Satan accomplished what he wanted.

Last edited:
I'd say the abomination that caused Jerusalem's desolation on that day had already turned the electricity off in Jerusalem before Jesus is seen in the clouds.
Jesus's coming in the air with great power and glory is not an abomination, though it does mean desolation for armies gathering to make war with the Lamb.

What? No demons in Rev. 9???

An angel opens the door to the Abyss (where demons are tormented),
Your words, not Jesus's Revelation.

Scripture teaches the angels that sinned and souls of the wicked are tormented in those flames.

They were locusts prepared by the king of the bottomless pit.

and they pour out like black smoke:
They come out of the smoke of the pit.

NKJ Revelation 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit.
2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.
3 Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. (Rev. 9:1-3 NKJ)

Demons were terrified Jesus would send them to the Abyss "to be tormented before their time"
These are not demons, which are called devils in Scriptural translation.

They were unclean spirits, and said nothing about being cast into hell.

They spoke of their time, not about what will happen or where.

If anything, they will be accompany Satan into the LOF.

30 Jesus asked him, saying, "What is your name?" And he said, "Legion," because many demons had entered him.
For we are many. Nothing about we being demons, but unclean spirits. And their time was to come.

The disembodied spirits of the Nephilim "fallen ones" who died in the flood of Noah's day, "the spirits of demons" (πνεύματα δαιμονίων Rev. 16:14) are trapped in the Abyss UNTIL the angel lets them out.
No Scripture speaks of disembodied spirits of men nor angels. All spirits of all bodies return to God.

The angels of devils and men are held in chains of hell, until the judgment.

The locusts prepared by the king of the pit command them to come out of the smoke of the pit.

It doesn't even say they were in the pit. The smoke is all that is said to come out of the pit.

Out of the smoke comes the locusts.
True

They were created by Satan for his disembodied demons to possess so they could attack the apostates of Christendom
Speculation without Scriptural proof.

until they convert to the Beast fully, doing what they wanted to do but were too cowardly to do within the time allotted.
More speculation. Even up to the last hour of judgment, with the angel preaching the gospel in the air, there will still be them that convert and die in Christ. (Rev 14)
After these former sign and wonder working TARES convert to the Beast, he will order his Nephilim hoards to slay them all, sending them directly into the furnace of fire.
Marvel Comics.

The only ones sent alive into any fire, will be the beast and false prophet into the LOF.

The Euphrates was the eastern border of ancient Israel, symbolic of the Holy Land. These demonic calvary flood the earth slaying the third of the earth's population that once called itself Christian but were now apostates.
No doubt some apostates still among them after the rapture of the church.

14 saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates."
15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year, were released to kill a third of mankind.
16 Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them.
17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone.
18 By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed-- by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.
(Rev. 9:14-18 NKJ)

John is amazed the betrayal of these apostates didn't cause the rest of the earth's population to fear:

You're application is off. You are making assumptions based upon unproven prophecy.

The world doesn't know the difference between a false or true namer of Christ.

Nor does the world repent if Christians were being killed by the devil's horsemen.

They may repent by the indiscriminate slaughter of anyone in their pathway.

There is some truth to no atheists being in foxholes.

20 But the rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, that they should not worship demons, and idols of gold, silver, brass, stone, and wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk.
21 And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts.
(Rev. 9:20-21 NKJ)

They were children of the Devil all the time, even when pretending to be Christians.
That is true from the beginning of the apostles, but it doesn't cause any unbeliever to repent and believe. Nor does their deaths.

But once they take the Mark, that eternal sin seals their fate. No need to keep them alive any longer, Satan accomplished what he wanted.
It's the godly that are persecuted unto death. Not the hypocrites. They help with the persecution.

Cain was the first.

If you want to call coming with great power and great the Lord' nuclear coming, then I suppose you can.

It won't be a man's coming nor nuclear cloud.
If you want to believe Jesus is coming to kill a bunch of men women and children,you can but that not what he does

If you want to believe Jesus is coming to kill a bunch of men women and children,you can but that not what he does
Now you've become bombastic in order to keep your own prophecy.

Jesus comes to first receive His own unto Himself, then to destroy the armies gathered to make war with Him, and then to judge between sheep and goats.

And then to receive the new born Christians into His kingdom of heaven on earth.

Only those believing His second coming is the end of the world, prophecy that He comes to destroy all flesh of men, women, children, and babes in and out of the womb.

Time will reveal I'm right, you wrong.
I'll just stick with the Bible we already have written for us by God.

It's not about you right and me wrong, but what thus saith the Lord.

Now, if someone can show me my mistake by Scripture, then I'll thank them for it.

Getting into personal squabbles is useless.

I'll just stick with the Bible we already have written for us by God.

It's not about you right and me wrong, but what thus saith the Lord.

Now, if someone can show me my mistake by Scripture, then I'll thank them for it.

Getting into personal squabbles is useless.
I agree. A question, where did demons and unclean spirits come from? According to your understanding of the scripture.

I agree. A question, where did demons and unclean spirits come from? According to your understanding of the scripture.
God. All things created both spirit and flesh are created by God, including Lucifer and Adam, and all spirits of all flesh, and all angels.

Demons are usually translated devils in the Bible.

Matthew 8:16 shows the devils and the evil spirits are the same. Them possessed with devils had those spirits cast out by Jesus.

Psalms 104 calls angels spirits.

Ps 78 speaks of God sending evil angels to stubborn Egyptians.

By this, it would be reasonable to say the demons, devils, and unclean spirits are the same, and are evil angels in rebellion of God, and yet used by the power of God for His purposes, even as the devil.

2 Peter 2 says the angels that sinned are now cast down into hell reserved in chains for judgment. He does not say exactly when, but it is symbolized in Rev 13 after the birth and ascension of Christ.

Demon possession and affliction by unclean spirits was well know in the days of Jesus and the apostles. But afterward they seem to only take part in idolatry and doctrinal error, and aren't seen again until Revelation. And so I would personally say they are now chained in hell, and some will be loosed again at the end of these last days. Such as giving locusts power to sting men, and to horses to breath fire, smoke, and brimstone.

If someone claims demon possession today, I'm not going to dispute it, but even at these times it's not something reported among the churches of God.

God. All things created both spirit and flesh are created by God, including Lucifer and Adam, and all spirits of all flesh, and all angels.

Matthew 8:16 shows the devils and the evil spirits are the same. Them possessed with devils had those spirits cast out by Jesus.

By this, it would be reasonable to say the demons, devils, and unclean spirits are the same, and are evil angels in rebellion of God, and yet used by the power of God for His purposes, even as the devil.

2 Peter 2 says the angels that sinned are now cast down into hell reserved in chains for judgment. He does not say exactly when, but it is symbolized in Rev 13 after the birth and ascension of Christ.

Demon possession and affliction by unclean spirits was well know in the days of Jesus and the apostles. But afterward they seem to only take part in idolatry and doctrinal error, and aren't seen again until Revelation. And so I would personally say they are now chained in hell, and some will be loosed again at the end of these last days. Such as giving locusts power to sting men, and to horses to breath fire, smoke, and brimstone.

If someone claims demon possession today, I'm not going to dispute it, but even at these times it's not something reported among the churches of God.
I'm surprised you say God created devils etc., most would say they once were good angels but rebelled.

Scripture has two different locations for "fallen angels" or "spirits", some are still in heaven, others roam the earth possessing people. Why do you think that "division" exists?

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Eph. 6:12 NKJ)

7 And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,
8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.
9 So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
(Rev. 12:7-9 NKJ)

And how can angels be physical, even eat and drink human food:

2 So he lifted his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing by him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,
3 and said, "My Lord, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on by Your servant.
4 "Please let a little water be brought, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree.
5 "And I will bring a morsel of bread, that you may refresh your hearts. After that you may pass by, inasmuch as you have come to your servant." They said, "Do as you have said."
6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah and said, "Quickly, make ready three measures of fine meal; knead it and make cakes."
7 And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender and good calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.
8 So he took butter and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree as they ate. (Gen. 18:2-8 NKJ)

Not saying I am right and everyone else wrong, but only giving my understanding of Rev 9 as being the first of three woes on those who reject Christ. Sorry about the length.

Rev 9:1-3
The star (one star) John saw that fell from heaven was an angel as angels are sometimes called stars in scripture. This angel having the key to open the bottomless pit could be the same angel we read about in Revelation 20:1-3 that God gives the key to that opens the bottomless pit where Satan is bound. When the bottomless pit was opened locust came up out of it. In reference to a smoke these locust would be to numerous to number, Judges 7:12, and look like dark smoke as they rise and swarm if you saw them from a distance. Once they became closer to your vision you would see that it wasn’t smoke, but a hoard of locust. Their attributes of what God is purposing them for is what gives them their power to sting as in tormenting those who have not the seal of God on them. They are compared as scorpions that literally sting using the power of their tails as they raise them above their head.

Rev 9:4-6
God gives specific instructions to keep their focus on what they are being released to accomplish for Gods purpose over the next five months. There is a reason why they are not allowed to hurt the grass or any green thing including trees as we will see in the next few verses. They are only allowed to torment, but not kill those people who do not have Gods seal on them. The torment will be so tremendous that those without Gods seal will want to kill themselves, but God holds His hand against it.

Rev 9:7-11
The locusts are actually the fallen angels from heaven that refused to stay in the limits of Gods authority before the flood in Noah’s day, Genesis 6:1, 2; Job 2:1; 1 Peter 3:18-20; 2Peter 2:4; Jude 1:6. These disobedient angels are different then the ones that Satan draws a third of to himself. God has reserved them and set them bound in outer darkness far from the brightness of His glorious realm, or as scripture says chained and bound them into a bottomless pit.

This pit could not be a part of the actual earth as the pits of earth have bottoms so this would be in the spiritual sense of the area of darkness that has no physical location in the Universe. These angels have been spared for the particular purpose that God has for them as they are released by God to torment man for five months then their final judgment comes at the end when they are cast into the lake of fire. These could be the very same angels Jesus went down to preach to before He ascended up to heaven, 1 Peter 3:19, 20.

Angels can do miraculous supernatural things and unfortunately fallen angels can still do many of these same things, as they were created with these abilities. A fallen angel can only attack someone if they have spiritual authority, grounds and rights to do so like that of Satan tormenting Job as it’s Gods authority that uses them to inflict torment on those during His wrath.

They have interaction with humans spiritually as in dreams and visions and also can take on physical appearances before men like that of Lot who saw two men stand before him, Genesis 19:1. These angels will take on the form of locust, but given instruction by God not to hurt the green grass or the trees.

The demonic angels that appear to look like a swarm of locust coming up out of the ground in the numerous numbering of them is likened unto horses prepared for battle, Judges 7:12. The description given in vs. 7-10 is also likened unto ancient battle horses that were decked out with a full plate of armor that helped protect them like their riders from swords, axes, maces, and lances during battle.

The armor, similar to their rider, had a full head piece including a plume of horse hair coming out of the crown of the helmet. The horses face pieces would also be fashioned like that of a man’s except it would be extended to cover their mouth giving them an appearance as having sharp teeth in the design.

The coming approach of these angels would sound like that of chariots and horses running into battle. It’s like when a storm develops you hear the thunder in the distant and when the storm gets closer the louder the thunder becomes. Being they are transformed into locust the sounds of their wings will be similar as a thundering noise.

The tails and the sting of their tail are compared to a scorpion as the torment they will inflict on men will feel like that of a scorpion’s sting. A regular locust has no stingers in its tail nor can they bite or break the skin of a person, but a locust on a larger scale can bite, but not able to penetrate the skin deep enough to draw blood. Scripture says they have stings in their tail so it would be apparent that these are not normal locust. There would be much torment on a person by the number of locust that land on them.

Apollyon is king over the bottomless pit that was given the key meaning Gods authority and power was given him to open the pit and gives these angels that are transformed into locust their authority to go forth and torment men for five months. Apollyon means destroyer in Greek and destruction in Hebrew as he is known as Abaddon in Hebrew. He is an angel of God that He uses throughout the OT and here in vs. 1, 11 to bring about Gods commands when it comes to the destruction of people of disobedience, Exodus 12:23; 2Kings 6:14-18; Proverbs 15:11, 12; Jeremiah 4:7; Daniel 10:13; 1 Corinthians 10:10.

The torment of this chastisement was so great that men would seek death, but not find it and desire to die and death will flee from them as God holds His hands against

Not saying I am right and everyone else wrong, but only giving my understanding of Rev 9 as being the first of three woes on those who reject Christ. Sorry about the length.
I'm curious. How can everyone be right?

And if you don't believe you are right, why say anything?

Inquiring minds want to know.

But I did appreciate the beginning: "Not saying I am right", it spared me reading the rest.

I'm curious. How can everyone be right?

And if you don't believe you are right, why say anything?

Inquiring minds want to know.

But I did appreciate the beginning: "Not saying I am right", it spared me reading the rest.
You sure do love to read into things that others have never said and put words in the mouth of others that have never spoke them. Keep this up and you will be banned from this thread.

Your words, not Jesus's Revelation.

Scripture teaches the angels that sinned and souls of the wicked are tormented in those flames.

They were locusts prepared by the king of the bottomless pit.

They come out of the smoke of the pit.

These are not demons, which are called devils in Scriptural translation.

They were unclean spirits, and said nothing about being cast into hell.

They spoke of their time, not about what will happen or where.

If anything, they will be accompany Satan into the LOF.

For we are many. Nothing about we being demons, but unclean spirits. And their time was to come.

No Scripture speaks of disembodied spirits of men nor angels. All spirits of all bodies return to God.

The angels of devils and men are held in chains of hell, until the judgment.

The locusts prepared by the king of the pit command them to come out of the smoke of the pit.

It doesn't even say they were in the pit. The smoke is all that is said to come out of the pit.

True

Speculation without Scriptural proof.

More speculation. Even up to the last hour of judgment, with the angel preaching the gospel in the air, there will still be them that convert and die in Christ. (Rev 14)

Marvel Comics.

The only ones sent alive into any fire, will be the beast and false prophet into the LOF.

No doubt some apostates still among them after the rapture of the church.

You're application is off. You are making assumptions based upon unproven prophecy.

The world doesn't know the difference between a false or true namer of Christ.

Nor does the world repent if Christians were being killed by the devil's horsemen.

They may repent by the indiscriminate slaughter of anyone in their pathway.

There is some truth to no atheists being in foxholes.

That is true from the beginning of the apostles, but it doesn't cause any unbeliever to repent and believe. Nor does their deaths.

It's the godly that are persecuted unto death. Not the hypocrites. They help with the persecution.

Cain was the first.
What's the difference between a demon and an unclean spirit?

You sure do love to read into things that others have never said and put words in the mouth of others that have never spoke them. Keep this up and you will be banned from this thread.
You said "Not saying I am right". I didn't make that up or read into it:

"Not saying I am right and everyone else wrong"-you

But you should begin all posts with that caveat, it will save us time reading the rest of your words you cannot say are right.

AS you can't say you are right, why should I read the rest?

Inquiring minds want to know your answer?

Last edited:

Possession is real and present today.

Some persons believe the devil is chained?

I'm surprised you say God created devils etc., most would say they once were good angels but rebelled.

True. God created all angels and one became the devil and others became devils following him.

God created all men, and and all have become of the devil by sinning, except Jesus. Not all men now are of the devil but of God again.
Scripture has two different locations for "fallen angels" or "spirits", some are still in heaven, others roam the earth possessing people. Why do you think that "division" exists?

I don't agree any are in heaven. I believe Rev 12 shows Satan has been cast out of heaven with his following angels. Jesus say it Himself as lightning into the earth. Satan is on earth as a roaring lion and in the air as the god of this world. The angels that sinned with him are now chained in hell awaiting judgement.

I believe there will be a limited number of evil unclean spirits loosed again at the end of the last days, such as Rev 16, with creatures having power of Satan for destructive purposes, such as Rev 9.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Eph. 6:12 NKJ)

Correct. At this time I see only doctrinal and spiritual error seduced by Satan and devils, but not physical manifestation on earth at this time. They were well known in Jesus' day and that of His apostles, and will be seen again just before the Lord's return.
And how can angels be physical, even eat and drink human food:
The same as the Lord did when visiting Abraham.

Jesus also ate with His disciples with His resurrected body on earth.

Back