Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Rollo Tamasi and your brain

Actually, it should be Jesus Christ.
It is written..."Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God." (Rom 7:4)
yes, I like your point.
But he was comparing t he law to grace, right?
The Law was through Moses,
but grace is through Jesus.

now if they was true ,they wouldn't try to change men.admit error ,admit mistakes happen ,forgive much .

I open a book on how women think ,I notice a great weapon should a robot war happen ,after shrieking in horror at the contradictions .the gossip about clothes ,the statements on why should I care what I wear and concern over dressing .

she has no right say that about my man ,the way he dresses ,yet goes and makes the man change .
I shriek in horror over her statements on outdoors and sports and flowers ,gardens ,color scheme .

yup no logical being would try to fix her
You know a woman that is still trying to change a man?

Thing is....we really can't change anyone; man or woman.

never met one that doesn't
That's funny.
The women I know are aware of the fact that men can't be changed.
Marriages where the woman has this in mind are doomed from the start.
I thought this was common knowledge.

Maybe snowbirds know more than those overheated women down there by you??
:lol

That's funny.
The women I know are aware of the fact that men can't be changed.
Marriages where the woman has this in mind are doomed from the start.
I thought this was common knowledge.

Maybe snowbirds know more than those overheated women down there by you??
:lol
most snowbirds here are over 60 and or miserable .

Didn't you read the scripture I included?
It isn't about grace at all.
You posted Romans 7:4
So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God.

If you read Romans 7:1-3 it states that the law, to which the Jews were tied, is only applicable when a person is alive.
When a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband - as long as he is alive. If the husband dies, the law no longer applies to her.

If she married another man while her husband was alive (the law) she would be committing adultery....
but if the husband dies she is FREE FROM THE LAW and can marry another man.

Verse 4 says that we were freed from the law when we died WITH CHRIST, and now we are united with Him.
As a result we have been released from the law and we are no longer captive to its power.

I understand Paul to be comparing the law to salvation by faith, which is by God's grace.
Law and Grace
We were under the law
now we are under grace.

If it's not about grace...what is it about?

Ha!
Don't we know!!
BTW...we girls gave up a long time ago.
That is very wise of you. Sooner or later a few select women do come to the realization that God did not give women the capacity to know and appreciate things like common sense, and other notable male characteristics, and so you will never 'get' us men. Now close the door to my Martian Space capsule and stand back. I have to be back on Mars before 8:00. And, no, I do not need your map. I can get there without one.

How 'bout you guys?
What's there to not understand? Your emotionally charged, irrational outbursts? Your complete inability to stay within the credit limit of a credit card? The necessity to have 15 pairs of shoes in the closet? Your two hour makeup sessions every morning? I mean on the mornings when you're going out, not when you're going to be hanging around the house with your husband.

Isn't Romans 7 speaking about the Law?
(not the sin nature - flesh)
It's speaking of, both, the law and the sin nature.
As a Christian, the law can no longer exercise it's power over you to keep you in marital bondage to sinful flesh because the law can only do that as long as that slob you were married to, 'sin nature', is still alive. But in Christ, husband 'sin nature', who used to order us around and make us submit to him, has been put to death. And so the law no longer has any authority to enforce submission in a marital relationship that has been dissolved by death. You are now free to marry new husband, Christ, and bear fruit in marital submission to him.

As a result we have been released from the law and we are no longer captive to its power.
....no longer captive to it's power to MAKE US SIN.

Lot's of people misunderstand this to mean we do not have to keep the law, any of it. That is not what Paul is saying.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God.

If you read Romans 7:1-3 it states that the law, to which the Jews were tied, is only applicable when a person is alive.
When a woman marries, the law binds her to her husband - as long as he is alive. If the husband dies, the law no longer applies to her.

If she married another man while her husband was alive (the law) she would be committing adultery....
but if the husband dies she is FREE FROM THE LAW and can marry another man.

Verse 4 says that we were freed from the law when we died WITH CHRIST, and now we are united with Him.

I understand Paul to be comparing the law to salvation by faith, which is by God's grace.
Law and Grace
We were under the law
now we are under grace.

If it's not about grace...what is it about.
It is about Jesus..."And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God."

Back