Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Science __ ] Running out of time

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
There's a reason we don't find elements heavier than carbon in normal stars; just not enough gravity to fuse heavier elements. Elements up to iron or zinc form in supernova explosions, but even heavier elements are formed by neutron stars which form after a supernova explosion, when neutron stars collide. I think that's been known for some time.

This is the article about the heavy metal's. I live in America, but prefer the BBC news because they don't have as much "sensationalism" as the news here. I know not all scientist agree on everything, I'd assume that's why so many get confused on various subjects; as in GodsGrace's students.

I am aware that the moon has been moving away; and I believe that would put less drag on the earth. But to be speeding up since the 70's; and to now be slowing just a bit, is interesting. Man first went to the moon in the late 60's; and space junk has been piling up since.

For the BBT; for a random occurrence to "create" the universe, most would assume that life itself is random. But there is "order" to the universe, a pattern if you will; that does not fit in the "random" ideology. I'd point to the various constellations as once example; something that has been consistent for thousands of years. If "motion" began at a "center point" and moved outward from there; how can anything in the universe remain stationary?

Yes that webb telescope is causing a bit of a stir. Two days ago I read (on the BBC) that they had found the "brightest flash of light" from a supernova. The prior theory was gold and other heavy metals were produced from supernova's, now scientist have to go back to the drawing board because that telescope proved that was not true.

Nothing says God created the earth from "nothing"; nothing says God did not place specific "things" on this earth for "men" to find and speculate about. The story of Creation of the earth in 6 days is true; but what if the earth was made up of "debris" left over from the war in Heaven, things that the Angel's did destroy.
If you feel this is derailing your thread, you can not respond to me. It would be OK.
I believe the story of creation. I'm just not sure it took 6 days.
Science has been telling us, since the latter part of the 20th century, that the universe and space and time DID come into existence at some sort of point in "time".

When I was in elementary and later schools, we were told that the universe ALWAYS existed. For this reason science believed God was not necessary because there would have been enough time for evolution to happen.

What a shock when it was discovered that the universe DID have a beginning!
Now how was science to explain this?
So the BBT came about.

Some atheists even believe that something CAN come from nothing....
an idea that was always refuted by science - so desperately does science want to deny God.

Actually the BBT always made me think of the verse: LET THERE BE LIGHT.
The beginning of everything - created by God.

So now what? Exciting to wait and see.

They've been rethinking it since a Christian cleric first discovered it. Lots of refinement to the theory. But it still works.

The James Webb Space Telescope never disproved the Big Bang. Here's how that falsehood spread.

How so?
How so?
Come on Barb, you know I can't answer that.
But that's what is being said.
I'm sure you could find out and understand it better than I can.

As to your first sentence....then why teach it as fact???
Maybe the atheists type scientists could just ADMIT that they don't know?
Maybe they shouldn't take Deism off the table?

We have had to make corrections before. Most recently, the earthquake off the Japanese coast changed the speed measurably. And of course the tidal drag of the moon continues to slow the Earth's rotation as the moon moves farther away from the Earth. That's been going on since the moon was there, although the changing shape of the continents means different amounts of drag, so the change isn't constant in geological time.

Interesting that humans have now been able to affect it, though.
It seems to me that there are too many mysteries out there in space.
Science comes to believe a concept by the effect of gravity or something else.
Einstein guessed that during a solar eclipse something would happen that could make it noticeable that gravity effects stars. This was shown to be correct.

So maybe we should change the word THEORY so that it could be like this:

BIG BANG THEORY means that there is study going on and it's not taught as fact.
THE BIG BANG sans the word theory means that it's been empirically shown to be correct.
This would maybe take away all the confusion about the word THEORY.
And should apply to all of science that cannot be "proven".

Just a thought.

So now what? Exciting to wait and see.
Telescopes can see an area in space where "stars are born"; they also recently found an area where "pairs of gas giants" seem to be floating around. Gas giants comparable to Saturn I believe it is. If such things are random, how can the BBT account for it. And how do those stars and gas giants move around to form solar systems.

Think about this, if the "material" for the "basic rock" that is the earth was on hand; all that was needed was to fill the earth with life; beginning with just a few tree's, animals, water, etc. It might not have been necessary for the entire planet to be covered in those 6 days; just enough to sustain and propagate life. The sun, earth and moon; just to start; and then adding every thing else as it was needed.

I know there are way more star's today than were visible 50 years ago; and I can't see how "mankind's" physical eyes have improved to such an extent. While there are blackholes and other things that destroy stars; the universe continues to expand; and it is all about balance. If the universe was just random, ever changing; then nothing would be permanent, like those constellations.

As for this thread, the discussion started about the earth and it's rotation which effects time. Discussing how the earth began is part of that IMO.

They've been rethinking it since a Christian cleric first discovered it. Lots of refinement to the theory. But it still works.

The James Webb Space Telescope never disproved the Big Bang. Here's how that falsehood spread.

How so?
I found this... try at about 27.0

Telescopes can see an area in space where "stars are born"; they also recently found an area where "pairs of gas giants" seem to be floating around. Gas giants comparable to Saturn I believe it is. If such things are random, how can the BBT account for it. And how do those stars and gas giants move around to form solar systems.

Think about this, if the "material" for the "basic rock" that is the earth was on hand; all that was needed was to fill the earth with life; beginning with just a few tree's, animals, water, etc. It might not have been necessary for the entire planet to be covered in those 6 days; just enough to sustain and propagate life. The sun, earth and moon; just to start; and then adding every thing else as it was needed.

I know there are way more star's today than were visible 50 years ago; and I can't see how "mankind's" physical eyes have improved to such an extent. While there are blackholes and other things that destroy stars; the universe continues to expand; and it is all about balance. If the universe was just random, ever changing; then nothing would be permanent, like those constellations.

As for this thread, the discussion started about the earth and it's rotation which effects time. Discussing how the earth began is part of that IMO.
See post 26. It's truly incredible.

I agree with your post, also God can do whatever He wants to and however He wants to.

I think God is still creating...

So maybe we should change the word THEORY so that it could be like this:

BIG BANG THEORY means that there is study going on and it's not taught as fact.
THE BIG BANG sans the word theory means that it's been empirically shown to be correct.
This would maybe take away all the confusion about the word THEORY.
And should apply to all of science that cannot be "proven".
The term "big bang" was a term of derision by an atheist, irritated that it suggested a moment of creation.

The theory has been repeatedly confirmed by a variety of different sources, including the Webb telescope. Most interesting is the predicted microwave background radiation from the initial expansion was accidentally found by two Bell Lab engineers, who were seeking to find a better microwave antenna.

The term "big bang" was a term of derision by an atheist, irritated that it suggested a moment of creation.

The theory has been repeatedly confirmed by a variety of different sources, including the Webb telescope. Most interesting is the predicted microwave background radiation from the initial expansion was accidentally found by two Bell Lab engineers, who were seeking to find a better microwave antenna.
The documentary in post 26 states surprise at what webb is sending back.
Either that is wrong or the BB theory is wrong.
What is happening in deep space does not support that theory.

Hi Barbarian

Sadly you may not know the truth until Jesus returns.

God bless,
Ted

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Hi Barbarian

You are correct that Jesus said those were the two greatest commandments. But don't the Scriptures say that by the law shall no flesh be saved? So, I'm curious why you would think to offer this idea that somehow our keeping these two commands really has anything to do with this discussion or 'how' God is going to determine our salvation. They are just two commands that Jesus later says that 'if' we love him, which I gather to mean to infer that if we are born again of God's Spirit and thus love Jesus, that we will keep his commands. But just keeping the commands alone, doesn't save anyone. It must be together with one's spirit being born again of the Spirit.

Do you believe that we are saved by keeping the law?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Barbarian

You are correct that Jesus said those were the two greatest commandments. But don't the Scriptures say that by the law shall no flesh be saved? So, I'm curious why you would think to offer this idea that somehow our keeping these two commands really has anything to do with this discussion or 'how' God is going to determine our salvation. They are just two commands that Jesus later says that 'if' we love him, which I gather to mean to infer that if we are born again of God's Spirit and thus love Jesus, that we will keep his commands. But just keeping the commands alone, doesn't save anyone. It must be together with one's spirit being born again of the Spirit.

Do you believe that we are saved by keeping the law?
Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

James 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only?

According to God's word we are justified by faith and by works.

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, who have not the law, do by nature those things that are of the law; these having not the law are a law to themselves

You might say that if one has faith, then the necessary works will happen as a result of faith. Which is true. But notice that the gentiles, lacking the Law, have natural law God gives to all men and by this are justified.

Romans 2:13
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Back