Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Salvation, Sanctification, and Saturation

Y

YehwehPaladin

Welcome back friends. Today's topic is the three works of grace. The first is something that most believe in, Salvation.

Romans 6:23 (NIV)

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Did you know there is more to a Godly life than just asking for forgiveness when you sin? There is a process called "sanctification" that God yearns for you to go through. Sanctification basically is a purifying process. During this time you need to purify your life. Get rid of any movies that are questionable, stop watching those obscene sitcoms, throw out those CD's with offensive lyrics, that type of stuff.

Romans 12:1-2 (NIV)

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to Godâ€â€this is your spiritual act of worship.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will isâ€â€his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The third that a lot of churches are to timid to touch on is what I call "saturation" or baptism of the Holy Spirit. Here the only thing you have to do (after you've completed your sanctification) is ask God to fill you with His Spirit. Now, don't misunderstand me, everyone who accepts Christ as their savior has the Spirit within them, but here you'll be asking Him to fill you with it, to saturate your soul with His. After you ask just believe that you'll receive it and you will. This is where all that cool stuff in the bible becomes possible; healing the sick, speaking in tongues, raising the dead. You didn't believe that stuff was only for the early Christians, did you?

Acts 2:2-4 (NIV)

Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.

They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.

All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Now that you know, what are you waiting for?!?

Back