Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Salvia/Weed

Is weed bad?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Personal Choice

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Oats, does your doctor know you are smoking weed and also taking your prescribed medication?

You recognize that weed is evil and an idol and that you need to drop it. The Lord will help you from there, Oats. In His perfect timing He will deliver you.

God bless you, Oats.

i smoke once every 2 months about

a joint or two

not that much

i know my limits, it helps me surprisingly

he knows, my doctor goes to my church

they are working with me...

but i'm a grown man

i smoke once every 2 months about

a joint or two

not that much

i know my limits, it helps me surprisingly

he knows, my doctor goes to my church

they are working with me...

but i'm a grown man

Very true. This is between you and the Lord.

my uncle has been told that he has c.o.p.d. from mj smoking and cigaretes and he did pot way longer.

pot when smoked is far more carcigenic(thc's) then nicotine.

12 times as much.

even when eaten pot still has a chance of causing cancer and pure thc's will cause cancer quickly and also has very bad side effects.

google marinol and its side effects and marinol is legal and is purified form of pot that causes nausa and the high as well.

It is funny that we make a moral judgment on a plant which can not be bad or good.
If we think pot is wrong then we judge it bad.
If we think Nut meg is good, we put it on our egg nog and do not die so Nutmeg is good, yet if you ate one whole ounce of Nutmeg it will kill you.
Where would we be without aspirin, yet aspirin burnt holes in my stomach and is bad for me.
Should everyone stop taking pills because some abuses them.
Put the kids in jail and give them a criminal record, introducing them to real criminals, who pervert them,
that is the logic of modern government.,

Rev 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, [was there] the tree of life, which bare twelve [manner of] fruits, [and] yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree [were] for the healing of the nations.

In the kingdom to come we will be healed by the leaves we eat!

God being the loving kind god he is, gave us all these plants to use for medical reasons. However they have to be used in a natural state (or close to). When we smoke a plant it is converted to all sorts of toxic chemicals. We inhale more deeply when smoking herbal plants so are doing more damage than normal cigarette smoking of course there is also all the added toxic psychological drugs produced from smoking,

So therefore the answer would be to legalize plant use in its natural state. However this would be impossible to do as it would be impossible to police/control.

This creates a paradox because why should the smoking of tobacco be legal yet the smoking of cannabis be banned . Surly the smoking of cannabis is the worse of the two evils but tobacco smoking is still evil none the less.

Surly anyone smoking anything, tobacco included, is a sinner and is violating the temple of Christ (our bodies) .

idol worship is also legal under man's law. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is automatically okay.

my uncle has been told that he has c.o.p.d. from mj smoking and cigaretes and he did pot way longer.

pot when smoked is far more carcigenic(thc's) then nicotine.

12 times as much.

even when eaten pot still has a chance of causing cancer and pure thc's will cause cancer quickly and also has very bad side effects.

google marinol and its side effects and marinol is legal and is purified form of pot that causes nausa and the high as well.

not true jason, not at all
Marijuana vs. Tobacco: Which Is Worse

Why would they then provide this to cancer patients....
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Support/marijuana

its not that bad

don't make fallacious statements

Last edited by a moderator:
God being the loving kind god he is, gave us all these plants to use for medical reasons. However they have to be used in a natural state (or close to). When we smoke a plant it is converted to all sorts of toxic chemicals. We inhale more deeply when smoking herbal plants so are doing more damage than normal cigarette smoking of course there is also all the added toxic psychological drugs produced from smoking,

So therefore the answer would be to legalize plant use in its natural state. However this would be impossible to do as it would be impossible to police/control.

This creates a paradox because why should the smoking of tobacco be legal yet the smoking of cannabis be banned . Surly the smoking of cannabis is the worse of the two evils but tobacco smoking is still evil none the less.

Surly anyone smoking anything, tobacco included, is a sinner and is violating the temple of Christ (our bodies) .

once again Canabinoids are natural plant matter...

it's not like the tar you are promoting

call it what it is...

not true jason, not at all
Marijuana vs. Tobacco: Which Is Worse

Why would they then provide this to cancer patients....
Marijuana Use in Supportive Care for Cancer - National Cancer Institute

its not that bad

don't make fallacious statements

my uncle smoke it for and still does and is in his mid fifties and he loves pot and admits that its bad for his lungs

and here

from your own link.

Secondly, the low rate of regular cannabis use and the high rate of discontinuation during young adulthood may reflect the illegality and social disapproval of the use of cannabis. This means that we cannot assume that smoking cannabis would continue to have the same small impact on mortality if its use were to be decriminalised or legalised.

While the use of cannabis is not harmless, our current knowledge does not support the assertion that it has an adverse impact on death rates, says the author. Common sense should dictate measures to minimise adverse effects. These include discouraging use by teenagers, not using when driving or operating heavy machinery, not using excessively, and cautioning people with known coronary heart disease.

BMJ 20 September 2003

note the secondly paragraph, if continued for long term we cannot assume that the impact on mortality is small.

meaning the more you use it the likely it could affect you. and the studies i have been given are as recent as this year or last.

marijuana isnt used for cancer treatment as some think its for the side affects of the treatmeant ie the chemo therapy side effects.

and
here a more recent study.

ScienceDaily (June 15, 2009) — Using a highly sensitive new test, scientists in Europe are reporting "convincing evidence" that marijuana smoke damages the genetic material DNA in ways that could increase the risk of cancer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Also:
Health & Medicine
•Smoking
•Lung Cancer
Mind & Brain
•Smoking Addiction
•Marijuana
Plants & Animals
•Biotechnology
•Biochemistry Research
Reference
•Smoke
•Carcinogen
•Formaldehyde
•Vector (biology)
Researchers note that toxic substances in tobacco smoke can damage DNA and increase the risk of lung and other cancers. However, there has been uncertainty over whether marijuana smoke has the same effect. Scientists are especially concerned about the toxicity of acetaldehyde, present in both tobacco and marijuana. However, it has been difficult to measure DNA damage from acetaldehyde with conventional tests.

The research was carried out by Rajinder Singh, Jatinderpal Sandhu, Balvinder Kaur, Tina Juren, William P. Steward, Dan Segerback and Peter B. Farmer from the Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine and Karolinska Institute, Sweden.

Raj Singh said: “Parts of the plant Cannabis sativa, also known as marijuana, ganja, and various street names, are commonly smoked as a recreational drug, although its use for such purposes is illegal in many countries.

The scientists describe development and use of a modified mass spectrometry method that showed clear indications that marijuana smoke damages DNA.

“There have been many studies on the toxicity of tobacco smoke. It is known that tobacco smoke contains 4000 chemicals of which 60 are classed as carcinogens. Cannabis in contrast has not been so well studied. It is less combustible than tobacco and is often mixed with tobacco in use. Cannabis smoke contains 400 compounds including 60 cannabinoids. However, because of its lower combustibility it contains 50% more carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons including naphthalene, benzanthracene, and benzopyrene, than tobacco smoke.â€

The authors added: “It is well known that toxic substances in tobacco smoke can damage DNA and increase the risk of lung and other cancers. Scientists were unsure though whether cannabis smoke would have the same effect. Our research has focused on the toxicity of acetaldehyde, which is present in both tobacco and cannabis.â€

The researchers add that the ability of cannabis smoke to damage DNA has significant human health implications especially as users tend to inhale more deeply than cigarette smokers, which increases respiratory burden. "The smoking of 3-4 cannabis cigarettes a day is associated with the same degree of damage to bronchial mucus membranes as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day," the team adds.

"In conclusion, these results provide evidence for the DNA damaging potential of cannabis [marijuana] smoke, implying that the consumption of cannabis cigarettes may be detrimental to human health with the possibility to initiate cancer development," the article states. "The data obtained from this study suggesting the DNA damaging potential of cannabis smoke highlight the need for stringent regulation of the consumption of cannabis cigarettes, thus limiting the development of adverse health effects such as cancer."

i have reasearched this stuff as my wife used pot and i nearly divorced her over it.

my uncle smoke it for and still does and is in his mid fifties and he loves pot and admits that its bad for his lungs

and here

from your own link.

Secondly, the low rate of regular cannabis use and the high rate of discontinuation during young adulthood may reflect the illegality and social disapproval of the use of cannabis. This means that we cannot assume that smoking cannabis would continue to have the same small impact on mortality if its use were to be decriminalised or legalised.

While the use of cannabis is not harmless, our current knowledge does not support the assertion that it has an adverse impact on death rates, says the author. Common sense should dictate measures to minimise adverse effects. These include discouraging use by teenagers, not using when driving or operating heavy machinery, not using excessively, and cautioning people with known coronary heart disease.

BMJ 20 September 2003

note the secondly paragraph, if continued for long term we cannot assume that the impact on mortality is small.

meaning the more you use it the likely it could affect you. and the studies i have been given are as recent as this year or last.

yet there has been no recorded deaths from the use of it

also

Cigarettes contain arsenic and other chemicals to disolve the nictotine faster

---

as i said, it is harmful, but so is to much coffee

----

Jason yes orally it can hurt you, but that is theoretical at this point

and Nutmeg is far more dangerous per pound....

Smoking or Injesting

also

---

----

Smoking or Injesting

The natural effects may not be so harmful, but the spiritual effects are disastrous. Drugs open the door for the occult to enter into your life, mind, heart etc. etc.

also

---

----

Smoking or Injesting

theoritical?really? that isnt what the link i posted says?

really so contra that site you pulled up you dont think that marijuana impairs judgment that you could fly and aircraft while hitting the bong, driving?

one can do that while smoking more safely.

one tend to drive slower and way slower on pot then on nicotine.

Marijuana and Driving: A Review of the Scientific Evidence - NORML

lets not argue this

you probably drink beer but judge me for havining a joint

i'm quiting anyways

Marijuana has just as much to do with the occult as

a lie
a smile
caffeine
TV
music
and false hope

as i said i'm quiting

but it's not the worse thing in the world by very far...

theoritical?really? that isnt what the link i posted says?

really so contra that site you pulled up you dont think that marijuana impairs judgment that you could fly and aircraft while hitting the bong, driving?

one can do that while smoking more safely.

one tend to drive slower and way slower on pot then on nicotine.

marijuana isnt used for cancer treatment as some think its for the side affects of the treatmeant ie the chemo therapy side effects.

and
here a more recent study.

ScienceDaily (June 15, 2009) — Using a highly sensitive new test, scientists in Europe are reporting "convincing evidence" that marijuana smoke damages the genetic material DNA in ways that could increase the risk of cancer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See Also:
Health & Medicine
•Smoking
•Lung Cancer
Mind & Brain
•Smoking Addiction
•Marijuana
Plants & Animals
•Biotechnology
•Biochemistry Research
Reference
•Smoke
•Carcinogen
•Formaldehyde
•Vector (biology)
Researchers note that toxic substances in tobacco smoke can damage DNA and increase the risk of lung and other cancers. However, there has been uncertainty over whether marijuana smoke has the same effect. Scientists are especially concerned about the toxicity of acetaldehyde, present in both tobacco and marijuana. However, it has been difficult to measure DNA damage from acetaldehyde with conventional tests.

The research was carried out by Rajinder Singh, Jatinderpal Sandhu, Balvinder Kaur, Tina Juren, William P. Steward, Dan Segerback and Peter B. Farmer from the Cancer Biomarkers and Prevention Group, Department of Cancer Studies and Molecular Medicine and Karolinska Institute, Sweden.

Raj Singh said: “Parts of the plant Cannabis sativa, also known as marijuana, ganja, and various street names, are commonly smoked as a recreational drug, although its use for such purposes is illegal in many countries.

The scientists describe development and use of a modified mass spectrometry method that showed clear indications that marijuana smoke damages DNA.

“There have been many studies on the toxicity of tobacco smoke. It is known that tobacco smoke contains 4000 chemicals of which 60 are classed as carcinogens. Cannabis in contrast has not been so well studied. It is less combustible than tobacco and is often mixed with tobacco in use. Cannabis smoke contains 400 compounds including 60 cannabinoids. However, because of its lower combustibility it contains 50% more carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons including naphthalene, benzanthracene, and benzopyrene, than tobacco smoke.â€

The authors added: “It is well known that toxic substances in tobacco smoke can damage DNA and increase the risk of lung and other cancers. Scientists were unsure though whether cannabis smoke would have the same effect. Our research has focused on the toxicity of acetaldehyde, which is present in both tobacco and cannabis.â€

The researchers add that the ability of cannabis smoke to damage DNA has significant human health implications especially as users tend to inhale more deeply than cigarette smokers, which increases respiratory burden. "The smoking of 3-4 cannabis cigarettes a day is associated with the same degree of damage to bronchial mucus membranes as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day," the team adds.

"In conclusion, these results provide evidence for the DNA damaging potential of cannabis [marijuana] smoke, implying that the consumption of cannabis cigarettes may be detrimental to human health with the possibility to initiate cancer development," the article states. "The data obtained from this study suggesting the DNA damaging potential of cannabis smoke highlight the need for stringent regulation of the consumption of cannabis cigarettes, thus limiting the development of adverse health effects such as cancer."

i have reasearched this stuff as my wife used pot and i nearly divorced her over it.

wow dude thats cold,

i bet you tell lies, what if she divorced you for that?

----

no known death from pot

The natural effects may not be so harmful, but the spiritual effects are disastrous. Drugs open the door for the occult to enter into your life, mind, heart etc. etc.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

[
Marijuana has just as much to do with the occult as

a lie
a smile
caffeine
TV
music
and false hope

as i said i'm quiting

but it's not the worse thing in the world by very far...

Not really. Marijuana opens your mind to supernatural realms because it is a hallucinogenic.

People on acid trips have been known to trip themselves into a psychotic break down forever trapped in their delusions.

Telling a lie or drinking coffee doesn't open your mind to the supernatural/spiritual realm.

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

By Marc Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 26, 2006
The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

Federal health and drug enforcement officials have widely used Tashkin's previous work on marijuana to make the case that the drug is dangerous. Tashkin said that while he still believes marijuana is potentially harmful, its cancer-causing effects appear to be of less concern than previously thought.

Earlier work established that marijuana does contain cancer-causing chemicals as potentially harmful as those in tobacco, he said. However, marijuana also contains the chemical THC, which he said may kill aging cells and keep them from becoming cancerous.

Tashkin's study, funded by the National Institutes of Health's National Institute on Drug Abuse, involved 1,200 people in Los Angeles who had lung, neck or head cancer and an additional 1,040 people without cancer matched by age, sex and neighborhood.

They were all asked about their lifetime use of marijuana, tobacco and alcohol. The heaviest marijuana smokers had lighted up more than 22,000 times, while moderately heavy usage was defined as smoking 11,000 to 22,000 marijuana cigarettes. Tashkin found that even the very heavy marijuana smokers showed no increased incidence of the three cancers studied.

"This is the largest case-control study ever done, and everyone had to fill out a very extensive questionnaire about marijuana use," he said. "Bias can creep into any research, but we controlled for as many confounding factors as we could, and so I believe these results have real meaning."

Tashkin's group at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA had hypothesized that marijuana would raise the risk of cancer on the basis of earlier small human studies, lab studies of animals, and the fact that marijuana users inhale more deeply and generally hold smoke in their lungs longer than tobacco smokers -- exposing them to the dangerous chemicals for a longer time. In addition, Tashkin said, previous studies found that marijuana tar has 50 percent higher concentrations of chemicals linked to cancer than tobacco cigarette tar.

While no association between marijuana smoking and cancer was found, the study findings, presented to the American Thoracic Society International Conference this week, did find a 20-fold increase in lung cancer among people who smoked two or more packs of cigarettes a day.

The study was limited to people younger than 60 because those older than that were generally not exposed to marijuana in their youth, when it is mos
t often tried.

----------------

bad, but not that bad.

wow dude thats cold,

i bet you tell lies, what if she divorced you for that?

----

no known death from pot

really? what about the guys that buy it from the seller.

does the seller always legal. does he pack

do you know why i wanted to leave her?

if the cops bust her and i go with her to jail. its called i lose my retirment from the army, and also i may loose my job with the city.

in the military what the spouses does the husband is held responsible. I have seen the mps arrest a husband for his wife writing bad checks and he not knowing about it.

why should he go to jail for something that she did even if they had a seperate account. as an mp i cant have even a wreckless driving ticket.

and just because we dont see it doestn mean it cant happen

just because i dont die from not wearing my seat belt doenst mean i shouldnt.

its not lying as that article says right there the risks, shown that it may cause cancer. they even admit that not enough reasearch is done.

you want to smoke because want to.

we fired hajis in combat for smoking pot while we had them as soldiers.
why? useless during the fights. to mellow to pick up the weapon to shoot or engage the enemy or translate commands

and they smoke hashish.

just because a study hasnt shown in yet doest mean its healthy for you.

once that same argument was used for tobacco!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back