Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Salvia/Weed

Is weed bad?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Personal Choice

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i provided my evidence

you yours

lets move on friend,

at least we can agree that weed is green and smelly :)

as i said i'm quiting

sorry for barging in you spousal business

i provided my evidence

you yours

lets move on friend,

at least we can agree that weed is green and smelly :)

as i said i'm quiting

sorry for barging in you spousal business

whats up with the wrestiling greco roman style avatar?

i will agree to this.

whats up with the wrestiling greco roman style avatar?

i will agree to this.

don't know

i saw Vic with an animated gif thought i'd try it

i want to quit, life just gets me down from time to time...

it is a good pick me up

but the wilderness makes me feel much better than any false joy

hiking and camping that is

thanks jay

this is for you

[video=youtube;Th3ycKQV_4k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th3ycKQV_4k[/video]

i figured such...

i play guitar
---
on topic,

as long as we have God i don't think i'll need pot

i need to overcome my demons...

Just a bit of self control, which you have already because you have the Spirit who gives it in you, will do. I will pray about it for you.

Not really. Marijuana opens your mind to supernatural realms because it is a hallucinogenic.

People on acid trips have been known to trip themselves into a psychotic break down forever trapped in their delusions.

Telling a lie or drinking coffee doesn't open your mind to the supernatural/spiritual realm.

In all my years of consuming Marijuana, smoking and orally, I never had a hallucinogenic experience. I think its a myth that people do or its very rare. I gave up coffee many years back because if I drink to much I get dizzy and feel odd.. I think coffee is a dangerous drug and under rated. Don't think I support cannabis because I dont. A drug is a drug

yet there has been no recorded deaths from the use of it

I would say that hundreds of thousands of people would have been killed indirectly from cannabis use. Maybe its not recorded because its hard to pin point the exact reason and may be a combination of other reasons ie like suicide from depression.

Also surly people that smoke's just cannabis and not tobacco die of lung cancer, just like any smoker.

When you take it do you smoke it or take it naturally.

I would say that hundreds of thousands of people would have been killed indirectly from cannabis use. Maybe its not recorded because its hard to pin point the exact reason and may be a combination of other reasons ie like suicide from depression.

Also surly people that smoke's just cannabis and not tobacco die of lung cancer, just like any smoker.

When you take it do you smoke it or take it naturally.

read the link i posted

I was searching the forum looking for some thoughts about marijuana use and wanted to add my thoughts. I saw the other thread but it looks like it went bizerk.

Salvia is something to stay away from for sure.

I struggle coming to a conclusion about marijuana and Christianity however, part of the problem is the campaign of a man named Harry J. Anslinger. Christians will argue that we are supposed to uphold the law, but our laws are routinely out of whack. Law has its own history of ugliness where we truly got it wrong. Anslinger spread a lot of incorrect information against marijuana going as far as saying it was "worse then heroin." Before Anslinger nobody thought much of it at all. It was a common medicine. For some reason he hated marijuana and literally made up scare stories. I feel like a lot of our feelings towards marijuana are often over exaggerated and based on skewed science if any at all. There is plenty of science that points in the opposite direction. Despite this, the obvious argument is that it's clearly no worse then alcohol and there is no reason decent people should have their lives ruined because of marijuana. They can be complete drunks as long as they punch in and out on time and do their work. The laws are insane and unnecessary. I was hit by an extremely drunk driver and the guy didn't even spend a night in jail. There are some people serving 10 year or more sentences for possession of small amounts of marijuana and its simply an unfair standard. In terms of life on earth and our laws, things are a little out of whack considering the legality of far worse substances and practices.

The spiritual aspect is what I struggle with. I apply all that I know of the Bible with what seems logical and I can't totally condemn it. I feel like so many moral truths and laws in the Bible laid out with great clarity on multiple occasions by different people. I cannot find a definitive focus on alcohol or drugs other then don't go crazy with it. It almost gets mentioned in passing while festivals that talk of wine and drinking are abundant. We don't even know how they viewed marijuana smoking in that time but we know it was used abundantly for its many other uses such as fabric. It seems like something so abundant would be given a lot of attention if it was thought of as dangerous. I know there a few verses that people present as evidence against but they seem read into. When I think of sorcery I find it hard to connect that to what I feel when I smoke pot. I am sure we can find a way to condemn what ever we want if we search hard enough. I am not saying its not a big deal. If it keeps you from God and fellowship with other Christians then it's a huge problem. If it affects relationships or your ability to work its a problem. If you can't control your lust it's a problem. I don't use it to function. I don't need it to get out of bed and i don't need it to get in bed. I don't feel like it's had much affect on the course of my life and my actions. I still go to church every sunday, pray, witness, and read my Bible constantly. In the end I feel its your actions and thoughts that count. My mom didn't even realize I smoked until I told her. For what it's worth, I use a vaporizer which eliminates the toxic element of combustion. My health is virtually unaffected. My mind feels fine and it's not an impact on my finances. It does not bother my wife at all. I have prayed to have it removed from my life if it's beyond my understanding or doing harm I can't see. I think its different for everyone. If you can't control yourself, there are many things you should not do.

I am not saying I am right and would love to have my argument picked apart. Maybe God will show me one day. I would stop immediately if I thought it was compromising my relationship with God.

PS I don't encourage anyone to use it under the age of 21. You have far more important things to be doing.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back