Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Satan's best tactics

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free said:
How does that answer my call for clarification? I was wanting clarification for what you meant by "Which part are you not practicing?"

gingercat said:
You are claiming that my observation is not good.
I am claiming, and rightly so, that your observation is invalid because it most certainly does not, and cannot, be based on an observation of all of Christianity - every denomination and variation within, every church, every believer - nor a sample size large enough to draw such a conclusion. It is utterly fallacious to make such a claim when it is based on a virtual impossibility. Your argument is based on the fallacy secundum quid, or "hasty generalization".

And I am claiming you are wrong too.

So you are claiming that this forum is not practicing what I am claiming?

NO, Free, I cannot tell you which denomination offers the truth. Since each differs from the next, I have already offered that I believe that they must IMO ALL be in err.

One might ask, 'how could this be?' Simple. All have 'changed' the Word and it's purpose to suit their own needs. They have decided that their pleasure and their understanding is more to be desired that a 'true' following of the Word. The Word alone is not enough for them so they have created 'their own word' to replace it.Their tradition and their teachers are worshiped more than God.

Imagican said:
NO, Free, I cannot tell you which denomination offers the truth. Since each differs from the next, I have already offered that I believe that they must IMO ALL be in err.

One might ask, 'how could this be?' Simple. All have 'changed' the Word and it's purpose to suit their own needs. They have decided that their pleasure and their understanding is more to be desired that a 'true' following of the Word. The Word alone is not enough for them so they have created 'their own word' to replace it.Their tradition and their teachers are worshiped more than God.
But now you are falling into the same contradiction as gingercat. For some reason both of you alone can judge truth from error while the rest of Christianity is wrong. You are doing the very thing you accuse others of doing. If they are all in error, then so are you.

Imagican said:

The scrtiptures tell us in many places that the truth is knowable. It says "you shall KNOW the truth and the truth shall set you free". Also "Those who worship the Father SHALL worship in spirit and in TRUTH". Now apparently Jesus made a mistake in these two passages according to your theory. Or they were just for the time of the apostles and later all bets are off apparently. I'm not buying it myself. Other verses I could site as well in this regard.

Free said:
Imagican said:

But now you are falling into the same contradiction as gingercat. For some reason both of you alone can judge truth from error while the rest of Christianity is wrong. You are doing the very thing you accuse others of doing. If they are all in error, then so are you.

Everybody say AMEN HALLELUJAH! :multi:

Free said:
Imagican said:

Everybody say AMEN HALLELUJAH! :multi:

Imagican said:
. The Word alone is not enough for them so they have created 'their own word' to replace it.Their tradition and their teachers are worshiped more than God.

In another thread our friend imigican says :

And let me offer this guys: The Bible is ONLY the beginning of understanding. We have at our disposal tons and tons of other information that is capable of bringing about a further and deeper understanding of the details that the Bible NEVER even expounds upon.

Not only do we have writtings and teachings of the Saints, but there is much to be found in the understanding of Satan and his demons also. As one grows in their relationship to the Father, it is certainly possible and exists that there will be and are those that will gain a much much deeper understanding of that which they can handle. Just because there is nothing in the Bible to refute or validify much of this information or understanding is by NO means any indication that it doesn't exist. Many will refute it for their lack of understanding but neither does this validate the refutation. It only proves their lack of this understanding or ability to handle it.

Am I missing something here? :o

We have pelnty of false prophets and false doctrines. The only way to tell whether they are of God or not is to look for the fruit and the majority of the churches are not accepting to talk about the fruit of christianity.

Amen!

Talk is cheep and all the doctrine in the world is useless without practical compassion!

James 2:18

Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

I would like to add that the word "judgemental" is another of satan's favorite means of shutting up God's followers.

Whenever someone comes with a different view from your practice or opinions and if they dont like it they usually accuse their opposers with this word. It is used very often.

I would like to add that the word "judgemental" is another of satan's favorite means of shutting up God's followers.

Whenever someone comes with a different view from your practice or opinions and if they dont like it they usually accuse their opposers with this word. It is used very often.

gingercat said:

Absolutely! I agree with you, gingercat. :) I think people confuse the term "judgment" with observation. We can observe people's behavior but only God is the final judge of that person's behavior. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back