Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Satan's Release

Amazed

In Revelation 20 we read about Satan being thrown into the Abyss for 1,000 years, about that saints reigning with Christ for 1,000 years, and then about Satan being released from the abyss to decieve the nations one more time.
First of all, is there any place in scripture that indicates WHY Satan must have this last opportunity to deceive the nations?
Also, in Rev. 19:17-18, we see an angel telling the birds of the air to come and eat all flesh. If this is so, and if all the wicked are in the grave awaiting judgement, who are these people numbered "like the sand of the seashore" who try to raise up against God? Forgive me for my misunderstanding, but it seems to me that only the saints should be alive during this period.

Very Extensive Testing For An Eternal Relationship

These are excellent questions which the Bible does not directly answer.However if you reject the "once saved always saved" theory which I believe is an EXTREMELY dangerous heresy (some of my "once saved always saved" believing counseling clients have killed themselves because their ministers convinced them that they could engage in any sin and get away with it) but instead believe that life is an on-going test to determine if we are true eternal life candidates,then God's decision to release Satan for a period of time in Jesus' millennium kingdom on earth,which the referenced verses refer to,makes perfect sense.

Let's put it this way;God is looking for a small number of people who He will live with and among forever.He uses Satan's amazing ability to tempt people to sin in order to weed out the unfaithful and morally weak.Most of the testing is occurring now (I bet you already noticed that :help ) but will continue even for a brief period of time at the end of Jesus' 1,000 year kingdom on earth to eliminate the weak and wavering who received salvation to live with Jesus during this millennium period.

Ok now we are all going to gather together for a memorial service to solemnly observe the passing away of the formerly dearly beloved,Once Saved Always Saved. :bounce

I believe that a person has to maintain his/her salvation- though King David did say something like "if I make my bed in hell, You (God) will be there.
You make sense. But we know for sure that those from the first resurrection will not die again, because it is written that "the second death has no power over them."

Amazed said:
First of all, is there any place in scripture that indicates WHY Satan must have this last opportunity to deceive the nations?

Thanks Amazed,

That’s a great question. Apparently, many people will make a choice to accept or refuse Christ near the end of the Millennium. I think these people are descendants of the persons living after Armageddon.

Daniel’s seventh chapter may be of significance. The chapter describes four symbolic beasts, which represent human civilizations. Most commentators equate these beasts (civilizations) with the ancient kingdoms of Babylon, Media-Persia, Greece, and Rome.

For my part, I think these four beasts correspond to four predominant civilizations during Daniel’s 70th Week (the seven years preceding Christ’s second coming). These civilizations are 1. Atlantic civilization (USA and West Europe); 2. Arabic peoples; 3. Orthodox (Russian) civilization, and 4. East Asian (Sinic) civilization.

At Armageddon, Christ takes over, but spares the lives of many unsaved, so they may have another chance to repent during the Millennium. In this regard, Daniel tells us: “…they (the four beasts) had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time (Dan. 7: 12).†At the close of the Millennium, Satan is released, for “a little season (Rev. 20: 3),†whereby mortal humankind makes a final choice.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. thats a very interesting observation. The book of Daniel has always been a bit intimidating to me. Ive read it, but ive never really READ it. I have a hard time fitting his prophecy into the other prophetic books. Thank you 4 your words.

What David has shown is important, but it's not often considered, some calling it a 'second chance' theory. It's really not a second chance at all.

In the last half of Zechariah 14, which is Milennium timing with Christ's reign, we're shown that for those nations who refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship The KING, there will be no rain upon their lands. That's Milennium timing, and it's showing there's room still for rebellion by some.

Christ's Milennium reign will be a time when there will be no excuse in not knowing God's Truth. Satan and his will be locked in the pit during that time not being allowed to twist or distort God's Truth. Our Lord Jesus showed for even this present world today, not all have been given spiritual eyes to see, and ears to hear, allowing even some who believe to easily be deceived by what's coming upon the earth prior to Christ's return. The Milennium time is their time to hear and see with understanding (Isa.54:13; Jer.31:34; Isa.11:9). Then they must be tested at the end, which is the purpose for Satan being loosed one final time to go deceive the nations.

Back