Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Science __ ] Saving the planet with electric cars

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ya, I know, they were very dangerous and hot air works very well.

Comparing hydrogen balloons and dirigibles to a hydrogen generator and internal combustion engine, is like saying foot ball without helmets can be compared to figure skating without a helmet.
Risk assessments are done on things like this. That's why we can skydive, drive motor cycles, scuba dive, cook on a propane barbecue and heat our homes with natural gas or propane. All with minimal risk.

Don't worry though. The agenda of the higher powers of corrupt men..... it's not interested in hydrogen cells... It's already made it clear that it's mode of choice is the fantastically inefficient solar and wind power combined with electric cars..... and they present it as "green" and saving the planet... etc etc...all the self proclaimed earth saving people who are so naive that they cannot see that they are blinded by their own self righteous earth protection agenda's that they fail to look at the big picture and see that it is not helping one bit. Meanwhile, it's just a method to take more money out of your and my pockets.
So tankers don wreck and gasoline leaks out ,and dint catch fire?

Wrecks of a compressed gas ,hydrogen is a gas that would be under pressure.

Cng without heat won't react,that's my point. We have fuel cells not simply swapping what to burn,is hydrogen more efficient to.combust? Solid rockets or liquid rockets? The shuttle challenger used hydrogen abd that simply leaked abd it destroyed all but the boosters.ta da.

No fuel to be lit.

It simply bypassed the orings,in seconds it destroyed the shuttle .sorry I'm not going to buy that a tank using liquid energy of that level of violiatikty is safe .

So tankers don wreck and gasoline leaks out ,and dint catch fire?

Wrecks of a compressed gas ,hydrogen is a gas that would be under pressure.

Cng without heat won't react,that's my point. We have fuel cells not simply swapping what to burn,is hydrogen more efficient to.combust? Solid rockets or liquid rockets? The shuttle challenger used hydrogen abd that simply leaked abd it destroyed all but the boosters.ta da.

No fuel to be lit.

It simply bypassed the orings,in seconds it destroyed the shuttle .sorry I'm not going to buy that a tank using liquid energy of that level of violiatikty is safe .
That's just it. I don't believe that there is any quantity of He. It is manufactured by a generator and then consumed.. I could be wrong but I don't believe that there is a He tank or pressure vessel. Even so, we have the technology to make it safe for public use.

That's just it. I don't believe that there is any quantity of He. It is manufactured by a generator and then consumed.. I could be wrong but I don't believe that there is a He tank or pressure vessel. Even so, we have the technology to make it safe for public use.
You mussed the point.more energy to make it.in that video the engine uses power to create hydrogen .that's not efficient. Hydrolosis is the most energy intensive way.

According to GM, the Volt gets 53 miles on a charge and only takes 4.5 hours to charge with 220 and 13 hours from 110.

http://www.chevrolet.com/electric/volt-plug-in-hybrid

https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-it-cost-to-charge-a-Chevy-volt-from-0-to-full

The Volt has a 18.4 KWH battery.
Assuming a 80% charging efficiency it would take 23 KWH to charge it completely.
The cost depends on the rate you pay for electricity. I pay about 20 cents per KWH, I think the national range is about 10 to 20 cents per KWH.
So your Volt would take $2.30 to $4.60 to charge completely.
That’s alleged to take you 53 miles.

Looking at these rates, the cost comparison between electric and gas would depend on what kind of MPG you got.

My Cruz gets 39 to 42 mpg, so the Volt would cost more per mile to drive. My VW got 22 mpg, so depending on my electrical rate and current gas prices, the Volt could save you money, be a wash or slightly higher.

Electric car built by Thomas Parker, photo from 1895
1519773631028.png

By the early 1900s they had a top speed of about 20 MPH and a range of 30 to 40 miles.
So the Volt will go 53 miles on a charge?
wow

Has it not already been shown that electric cars are typically worse for the environment than a current gasoline model. It's a scam.

That's crap, I couldnt even use the volt for a paper route,let alone the driving routes for work.I have routes where it's 10 0r more miles to drive.I had one today. Some routes irs 10 just to get to the route.

One minute charge . Sounds good but I'd hate to see my wife's hairdo after a recharge :hysterical

Last edited:
Electric car built by Thomas Parker, photo from 1895
View attachment 5527

By the early 1900s they had a top speed of about 20 MPH and a range of 30 to 40 miles.
So the Volt will go 53 miles on a charge?
wow
The Volt is a highbred. It's an all electric car that uses a generator to recharge the battery once it's depleted.

Currently, the generator is ran from a small gasoline engine. This is not to say that in the future the gas engine won't be replaced by hydrogen, or some other propulsion.

Has it not already been shown that electric cars are typically worse for the environment than a current gasoline model. It's a scam.
I think it's all perspective. Europe is aggressively moving toward electric cars, as is China. If America is to remain viable in the global market, they have to not only stay current with the global shift, they have to step out in front of that curve.

Look at solar and renewables. They were railed against, and still are. However, they are competing with coal and in some states, its now cheaper than coal.

As technology advances, we will see better electric vehicles at competing costs.

That's crap, I couldnt even use the volt for a paper route,let alone the driving routes for work.I have routes where it's 10 0r more miles to drive.I had one today. Some routes irs 10 just to get to the route.
The Volt and Bolt were not made for everyone.

Jeff,I don't have your confidence in solar,remember I read net Meters,the price the volt then some for a panel system that might produce enough where won't pay for a year .

Jeff,I don't have your confidence in solar,remember I read net Meters,the price the volt then some for a panel system that might produce enough where won't pay for a year .
Yeah, renewables are not for everyone nor are they for every situation.
My point is simply this. As technology advances, renewables will play a larger role within our economy.

Yeah, renewables are not for everyone nor are they for every situation.
My point is simply this. As technology advances, renewables will play a larger role within our economy.
Perhaps ,I shall watch the twenty mile bend project closely .it's a mix, the 4th largest in yhe nation power grid is building that .yet I hear we have no need for more power.

The Volt is a highbred. It's an all electric car that uses a generator to recharge the battery once it's depleted.

Currently, the generator is ran from a small gasoline engine. This is not to say that in the future the gas engine won't be replaced by hydrogen, or some other propulsion.
Hybrids have been around since the 1950's.
This type can get 500 ton-miles from a gallon of diesel fuel:
1519846206967.png

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back