Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Bible Study Scariest passages in the bible?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Re: reply

golfjack said:
Fnerb, Let's examine Hebrews 10:26 and see what it means. For if we sin wilfully after that we hhave received the knowledge of the truth...... That sin couldn't just be referring to any sin, for if it just referred to any sin, then First John 1:9 wouldn't be true. This verse promises us that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness.

Therefore, Hebrews 10:26 is talking about the sin of rejecting Christ. Paul was originally writing to Hebrew Christians in this passage. There's a principle in these verses for all Christians, of course. But in New Testament days, the Jrewish Christians were tempted to go back into Judiasm because of the difficulties of following Christ. Therefore, some of them were tempted to go back to their old life of Judiasm, but to do that they would have to deny that Christ is the Son of God. Hebrews 10:29 says the unpardonable sin is troding under foot the Son of God.

Fnerb, I would suggest that you keep on striving a Godly life, and don't live in fear because fear is the opposite of faith. We all struggle with the flesh, and you shouldn't expect to transform over night. Just strive to do better and it does get better with the help of the Word of God.

May God bless, Golfjack

I agree that Hebrews is describing apostasy. But since 1 Corinthians 1: 8 says, "He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be blameless on the day of the Lord", and 1 John 1:9 , "No one born of God continues to sin because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning,"then the author of Hebrews wasn't talking to born again Christians. But since he didn't know which were true Christians and which weren't then he warns everyone what happens if we deny Christ. :)

Most Christians don't know what the Bible's definition for sin is. The book "Under Protest" will explain why I say that.

I'd love to go into it, but don't have the space. You can get the book on E-Bay.

The definition that Christians use is a pagan definition. The Bible's definition is very different from that used by other religions.

But it (the Bible's definition) will create a problem that scholars have fought with for 2,000 years. That's why the church adopted a pagan definition.

Under Protest reveals the problem and well, read the book. It would take a long explanation, and the questions that will occur will be hard to answer here.

Jonteel. 8-)

Good point stranger!! and great catch as I misspoke....normally I say, stop living in romans 7 and start living in Romans 8....Thanks for correcting me...

NO ONE should EVER "stop living" in a passage of the Bible. You have to remember. This is the very words of the LORD! I am not saying that this particular passage is what you are needing at the moment, but do not phrase it like that. Who knows, a new Christian could be on here, and get the entire wrong message, from that one sentence!

Hi j,

May I suggest Rom 6 and 8 as in defeat we live out Romans 7! Ironically for once we are not just hearers of the word but doers. While Romans 7 happens to us all I no longer hold it to be the norm for the Christian life.

And also, the ENTIRE Bible IS the "norm" of the Christian life! DO NOT ADD NOR SUBTRACT FROM THE BIBLE! The Bible speaks load and clear!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back