Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

SCIENTIFIC PROBLEMS WITH MACROEVOLUTION

happyjoy said:
Bronzesnake said:
I think we should be specific here; macro evolution has never been observed.

John Bronzesnake

Speciation events have been observed in nature. One simple one is the evolution of the London Underground mosquito and the common mosquito. It has been shown both that they have difference overall genetic composition along with reproductive isolation This is an entirely artificial environment, there is not way the mosquito could have been there to start with and it has changed to the point where even if a male and a female mate, they don't have offspring. But, the underground mosquitoes do mate successfully with other mosquitoes in the underground and common mosquitoes do mate successfully with those above ground. Even if the populations become mixed at this point, they are separate and distinct.

http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v82/n ... 4120a.html

Happyjoy, I really don't know how to get through to you my friend.
Those are fantastic examples of micro evolution and they corroborate the Genesis scriptures perfectly.

The mosquito is still a mosquito!
This is not "speciation" speciation is a so called simple single cell somehow producing new genetic information (not copying, reshuffling or outright loss of genetic information) for limbs, eyes, etc.
This is not that difficult to grasp.

Like I said in my previous posts this is extreemly fantastic news my friend!
It coroborates the scriptures, and this means we have yet one more chunk of the Biblical puzzle which goes to prove that what Jesus said is true!
Jesus is God, Jesus did have a plan of redemption for a sin infected mankind right from the very start!
Loft up your heads my friends because the hour of redemption draws near! Get ready for the coming of the Lord for a glorious meeting/gathering in the clouds of Heaven, we're going home and we shall be forever with Him amen!

Bronzesnake

John, rather than answer everything you've said I want to focus on two specific problems.

Added genetic information
Remember that there are only 4 letters: C, G, A and T. The genome of the common ancestor would have been a relatively short string composed of these four letters. The human genome, like all other genomes for higher organisms, is a long string composed of these four letters.

Genetic changes that are well understood include repeating sections of a string arbitrarily many times, copying a section from one place in the string to another, inserting a new section (as in a retrovirus) and deleting any letter or section. It's not hard to see that any combination of the four letters can be reached in this way. The limiting factor is that the intermediary steps have to be genomes for organisms capable of surviving and reproducing.

Your analogy where you tell me to shuffle letters in "cheese is tasty" to get to "baloney and mustard" fails because the latter includes letters not included in the former, and that's not the case for DNA. You could go from "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" (which contains a full set of letters) to an English translation of War and Peace. Does this add information? You bet.

You insist that information can't be added, but you need to define what you mean by information. By any definition I can think of, moving from CGAT to the simple repetition CGATCGAT adds information.

You say we never find transitional fossils, only fully formed creatures
What are you expecting transitional forms to look like? Every creature is a transitional form between its ancestors and its descendents. The only exceptions are those on the edge of extinction.

If a creature survives long enough to be fossilised as a developed adult then it clearly is fully formed. I’m a bit puzzled about these strange “unformed†fossils you seem to expect.

If you want to talk fossils you want to talk to a member of this forum called The Barbarian. He can give you a huge amount of specific information.

Bronzesnake said:
happyjoy said:
Speciation events have been observed in nature. One simple one is the evolution of the London Underground mosquito and the common mosquito. It has been shown both that they have difference overall genetic composition along with reproductive isolation This is an entirely artificial environment, there is not way the mosquito could have been there to start with and it has changed to the point where even if a male and a female mate, they don't have offspring. But, the underground mosquitoes do mate successfully with other mosquitoes in the underground and common mosquitoes do mate successfully with those above ground. Even if the populations become mixed at this point, they are separate and distinct.

I think the point is that the London underground mosquito isn't a common mosquito. If they can't mate and have offspring, they're not the same species.

ProphetMark said:
Bronzesnake said:
happyjoy said:

I think the point is that the London underground mosquito isn't a common mosquito. If they can't mate and have offspring, they're not the same species.

Yes that is exactly right.

Hello Bob.
John, rather than answer everything you've said I want to focus on two specific problems.

Added genetic information
Remember that there are only 4 letters: C, G, A and T. The genome of the common ancestor would have been a relatively short string composed of these four letters. The human genome, like all other genomes for higher organisms, is a long string composed of these four letters.

Genetic changes that are well understood include repeating sections of a string arbitrarily many times, copying a section from one place in the string to another, inserting a new section (as in a retrovirus) and deleting any letter or section. It's not hard to see that any combination of the four letters can be reached in this way. The limiting factor is that the intermediary steps have to be genomes for organisms capable of surviving and reproducing.

Your analogy where you tell me to shuffle letters in "cheese is tasty" to get to "baloney and mustard" fails because the latter includes letters not included in the former, and that's not the case for DNA. You could go from "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog" (which contains a full set of letters) to an English translation of War and Peace. Does this add information? You bet.

OK, let me be more specific.
My analogy is relevant, let me explain.
When I use this example; "cheese is tasty" to get to "baloney and mustard"
I assumed you understood that I was substituting one biological for another new biological form.
For example; the “cheese is tasty†would represent a bacteria and the "baloney and mustard" would be say a cat. Remember I never intended this example to represent a specific transitional change from bacteria to a cat; I am simply trying to expose the fact that you cannot get from one species to another without the addition of new genetic information which codes for new appendages for example.

Take the genetic code for a dog for example. When you break down the DNA instructions they are specific to all dogs except for specific loss of information, or copying mutations which give us the different breeds.
If you asked a geneticist to examine a sample of DNA, and he/she was not informed of what type of DNA it was (in this case a dog), he/she would be able to match it up in a data base and identify it as a dog’s.
So I’m stating scientific fact, that there has never been observed any case where new DNA information has been observed, which is a death blow to the Darwinian theory of evolution.

You insist that information can't be added, but you need to define what you mean by information. By any definition I can think of, moving from CGAT to the simple repetition CGATCGAT adds information.
OK I’ll be even more specific.
For example, for a single celled organism such as an amoeba, to evolve into a cow for instance, you would need new information, not random base pairs, not copying errors and certainly not a loss of information, but complex and ordered DNA would need to develop over time that would code for ears, lungs, brain, legs, etc.
Do you understand now?

You say we never find transitional fossils, only fully formed creatures
What are you expecting transitional forms to look like? Every creature is a transitional form between its ancestors and its descendents. The only exceptions are those on the edge of extinction.
That is an example of the typical response I get from evolutionists. It’s a wide scope and baseless proclamation totally lacking in any scientific evidence or corroboration. Every creature is a transitional form between its ancestors and its descendents. How on earth can anyone debate such a remark? I can think of at least one relevant rebuttal which has the distinction of being scientifically verifiable; there has never been a single example of a series of graduated transitional fossils which show a slow genetic transformation from one distinct species into another completly new species period. You simply cannot take a single species and proclaim it to be a transitional. The word “transitional†or “transition†means one or more in a series or lineage.
So what you are in effect saying is a cow is a transition to a pig because I say so. That is not science my friend.

What do you suppose Gould meant when he stated...
“The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology. The evolutionary trees that adorn our textbooks have data only at the tips and nodes of their branches … in any local area, a species does not arise gradually by the gradual transformation of its ancestors; it appears all at once and fully formed.â€
Lest I be accused of quote mining you can find Gould discussing it in more detail in Gould’s book The Richness of Life, pages 263 and 264, found in its entirety on Google Books.
Now unless you have more impressive credentials than one of the brightest evolutionary scientists of history perhaps you’d like to rethink your statement Bob.

It’s an inconvenient problem I know, but it remains to be factual Bob.
There should be millions upon millions of transitional both in the fossils ( as Darwin himself stated) and in life but there are none.
Why must we cling onto this dead theory in spite of all the evidence to the contrary?
Why not just accept the truth.

God loves you Bob, and once you accept reality Jesus is waiting for you Bob.
I understand why so many are opposed to this Jesus fella. I mean who does he think He is God?
Anyway who wants to have eternal life in an everlasting paradise void of all evil anyway?

Sorry Bob, I usually don’t engage in this kind of light hearted sarcasm but the truth is that Jesus is an historical figure and not just some mythological character. There’s plenty of non biblical historical accounts of his life which actually corroborate the scriptures.
Do you know that there has not been found even a single case where any archaeological discovery has put any biblical detail in dispute?
It’s true Bob.

Historians used to mock Christians and spout out about how we foolishly believed in these stupid biblical myths.
They “used to†Bob, but they don’t do that anymore because these mythological people such as King David and places keep on turning up in the rocks.
You can take any ancient historical account and find case after case after case where details have been revised and even removed because of archaeological discoveries.
That has never happened with the Bible, and that in itself is miraculous Bob.

The bible tells us that God formed man from the “dust of the ground†and for many years scientists laughed at us for believing such foolish things. However they stopped laughing when they discovered that clay and earth contain every single element found in the human body.
NASA’s Ames Research Center confirmed the bible’s account that every single element found in the human body exists within the soil.

Medical science did not know of the existence of germs until the 1890s Bob
In the late 1800s a Hungarian doctor, Dr. Ignaz was appalled by the staggering death rate by infection o9f women who gave birth in hospitals. Most children were born at home at the time and it was usually the homeless or sick women who gave birth in hospitals. The level of infectious fever in hospitals was horrendous according to accounts, and between 15 and 30 percent of these mothers died. This tragedy was considered normal at the time Bob!

So doctors Semmelweis began insisting that the nurses under his supervision follow his new orders, and wash their hands vigorously in water with chlorinated lime prior to examining living patients. This new procedure was considered foolish by his colleagues because the existence of microscopes and germs was unknown at the time. However, when doctor Semmelweis began to insist the doctors under his supervision also follow these new orders trouble began. The senior staff despised doctor Semmelweis and had him fired in spite of the fact that immediately after he implemented his new orders the death rate from infections fell to 2 percent!

Doctor Semmelweis later took a position at another hospital where his new procedures caused the death rate to drop to less that 1 percent, but again he was ridiculed and also fired from that hospital.
I’ll keep this short because this is a fascinating true story but time and space are my constraint at present.
The doctor was ridiculed for the rest of his life and in spite of the fact that the Hungarian government sent letters to all district hospitals demanding that all medical staff follow his instructions for washing hands and general sanitation, in spite of the obvious beneficial results, hospitals throughout Europe and North America continued to ignore his techniques and patients continued to die needlessly.

Decades of rejection and ridicule of his methods eventually caused doctor Semmelweis to have a nervous breakdown and was sent to a mental institution.
Ironically the doctor died from an infected cut on his hand caused from an operation.
The hospital staff refused to follow his request to wash their hands!
The reason I use doctor Semmelweis story is because he got his idea to wash hands to fight infectious death from Leviticus 15:13 in the Bible!

Thousands of years ago God commanded the Israelites to wash their hands in :running†water when dealing with those afflicted with diseases!
Until the last century most doctors who did chose to wash their hands did so in a bowl of water which obviously would allow germs to remain on their hands. However, Moses instructed the Israelites wash in “running†water which is the only way to remove these infectious germs.

Bob we Christians aren’t a bunch of gullible back woods morons...we are for the most part critically thinking and open minded people. Christianity isn’t based on a book of nice moral stories either Bob. Jesus left us loads and loads of corroborating evidence which we can find if only we are open minded enough to look and to accept the truth that we find.
Have a good look my friend. Keep an open mind and leave your preconceptions and assumptions behind. The proof is here.
I was where you are at one time. I had to ask myself an honest question...did I want the truth or did I want my truth.

If you want to talk fossils you want to talk to a member of this forum called The Barbarian. He can give you a huge amount of specific information.
I’m in discussion with Barbarian. However I am very well schooled in fossils my friend. I don’t need anyone to tell me what they are and how they formed.

Great discussing with you Bob.

John Bronzesnake

ProphetMark said:
Bronzesnake said:
happyjoy said:

Huh?? :confused
The word "species" is a convoluted one which evolutionists use in order to make it appear as though a mosquito is not a mosquito because it has or lacks some trait.
A dog is a dog is a dog my friend. If a dog is born missing a leg does that make it a new species?

John Bronzesnake

Bronzesnake said:
The word "species" is a convoluted one which evolutionists use in order to make it appear as though a mosquito is not a mosquito because it has or lacks some trait.
A dog is a dog is a dog my friend. If a dog is born missing a leg does that make it a new species?

John Bronzesnake

You don't understand what a species is. Yes dogs are still the same species because they can still breed with each other. When they can no longer breed they are no longer the same species. Like a hummingbird and eagle can't breed because they are different species, but both still birds.

happyjoy said:
Bronzesnake said:

John Bronzesnake

You don't understand what a species is. Yes dogs are still the same species because they can still breed with each other. When they can no longer breed they are no longer the same species. Like a hummingbird and eagle can't breed because they are different species, but both still birds.
Is this going to be the hook you hang your evolutionary hat on?

I understand full well what a species is. If evolution is in such a poor state that we have to resort to name games to keep it going then I'll give you this crumb.
OK this mosquito is no longer a mosquito it's a ...sterile mosquito which kills the theory of evolution in its tracks. Thanks for the help even though I didn’t need it.

Don't you think it's a wee bit self serving for evolutionists to set the parameters of species classification when it's used in such a disingenuous manner?

Take care happyjoy

John Bronzesnake

Bronzesnake said:
OK this mosquito is no longer a mosquito it's a ...sterile mosquito which kills the theory of evolution in its tracks. Thanks for the help even though I didn’t need it.

Don't you think it's a wee bit self serving for evolutionists to set the parameters of species classification when it's used in such a disingenuous manner?

Take care happyjoy

John Bronzesnake

You obviously don't know very much about biology, or are pretending not to just to keep arguing from ignorance. This thread is labeled the scientific problems with macro evolution, but you have yet to provide any science. You seem to go to great lengths to avoid actual science in your responses. You have done it though out this thread, and in the threads in the science forum. I think I will not respond directly to you anymore.

Take care

happyjoy said:
Bronzesnake said:

Take care happyjoy

John Bronzesnake

You obviously don't know very much about biology, or are pretending not to just to keep arguing from ignorance. This thread is labeled the scientific problems with macro evolution, but you have yet to provide any science. You seem to go to great lengths to avoid actual science in your responses. You have done it though out this thread, and in the threads in the science forum. I think I will not respond directly to you anymore about science threads.

Take care

Hello happyjoy
You obviously don't know very much about biology, or are pretending not to just to keep arguing from ignorance. This thread is labeled the scientific problems with macro evolution, but you have yet to provide any science. You seem to go to great lengths to avoid actual science in your responses. You have done it though out this thread, and in the threads in the science forum. I think I will not respond directly to you anymore.

Take care
I am truely sorry if I have offended you my friend.
If I have I certainly did not do it intentionally.

John

Bronzesnake said:
Hello happyjoy

Take care

John

You have not offended me.

happyjoy said:
Bronzesnake said:
Hello happyjoy

Take care

John

Well then I'm sorry that my posts have upset you...whatever it is that caused you to post that you would not reply to any of my posts again...I'm apologise.

John

Bronzesnake said:
Well then I'm sorry that my posts have upset you...whatever it is that caused you to post that you would not reply to any of my posts again...I'm apologise.

John[/quote]

Not all of your posts just the ones where you want to talk about science topics.

happyjoy said:
Bronzesnake said:

John

Not all of your posts just the ones where you want to talk about science topics.[/quote]
So should I stop discussing science to please you?

I'm not quite sure what the problem is here happyjoy.
You accuse me of not discussing “science†however as I look over your posts I don’t see much in the way of science either.

I do in fact draw upon science in all my posts. I don’t know what you expect to see...some kind of formula? Or my field study notes?

It appears that you're upset because you don't agree with me.
I enjoy all points of view, I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me, and I don't get upset when others have their own opinions.
Isn't this the purpose of engaging others in a forum?

All I can do is continue to post and be as honest and respectful as I possibly can.
I can't please everyone that's a fact, but I don't intend to stop posting because some people don't agree with me.

Take care happyjoy.

John Bronzesnake

Hello again John. It is indeed a pleasure to discuss this stuff with you.

Bronzesnake said:
Do you know that there has not been found even a single case where any archaeological discovery has put any biblical detail in dispute?
Bronzesnake said:
there has never been a single example of a series of graduated transitional fossils which show a slow genetic transformation from one distinct species into another completely new species period.
Do you see the double standard here? You see evidence for the historicity of the Bible because you say archaeology hasn’t disproved it, although there are many things in the Bible that aren’t found in the archaeological record. When it comes to evolution, you expect palaeontology to witness every step of the process. You don’t say, although it’s true, that no fossil find has ever contradicted the theory of evolution.

John, this is just bias plain and simple.

It would be remarkable if we had a complete series of graduated transitions. Only a tiny proportion of specimens become fossilised and are then discovered by humans. Some species are known from a single example. But we do have transitional fossils. Archaeopteryx is the most famous. You may have seen the images of whale ancestors in a current thread in the science forum. I believe the usual creationist tactic is to asset that the transitional fossils aren’t transitional enough and demand transitions between the transitions. Like I said, The Barbarian is our local expert. If you want to see transitional fossils, ask him.

Re your Gould quote: I’d have liked to have seen it in context but I couldn’t find anything on google books as you suggested. Do you have a link?

I confess I’m still struggling with your information analogy.

Bronzesnake said:
I am simply trying to expose the fact that you cannot get from one species to another without the addition of new genetic information which codes for new appendages for example.
No argument there. But I’ve been telling you for several posts about the well understood mechanisms by which information is added to the genome.

So I’m stating scientific fact, that there has never been observed any case where new DNA information has been observed, which is a death blow to the Darwinian theory of evolution.
Are you just saying that we haven’t observed a bacterium becoming a cow, to use your example? I’ve been thinking you must be making a better point than that, but now I’m starting to suspect you might not be.

Look, we haven’t observed that because it would take many millions of years. How could you expect to directly observe that? We have observed the addition of genetic information and we understand the processes by which this can extend to coding for “new appendages†given long enough. Using a combination of physiology, genetic similarity and the fossil record scientists can say quite a bit about the likely descent from single cell to cow.

Are you reduced to the creationist caricature that says “we haven’t seen it happen� This always boils down to the mistaken belief that evolution happens in one go, that bacteria are supposed to suddenly transform into cows. Things you’ve posted in other threads suggest to me you have a similar misunderstanding.

In this thread you’ve had an example of the kind of small scale speciation that can happen in the length of time we’ve been watching for it. You just say “a mosquito is still a mosquito.†As well as showing that you don’t know what a species is, this too suggests you’ve bought the all-in-one-go misrepresentation.

As a Young Earther, I presume you don’t believe in plate tectonics or continental drift either. Yet you surely wouldn’t be naïve enough to say they’re false because we haven’t seen them. Why make the same error with evolution?

The theory makes plenty of falsifiable predictions. They’re just a little more subtle than you think.

Edited to add: having read through your discussion with The Barbarian, perhaps I’m selling the theory short when I say not to expect to find complete transitional series. If you don’t have the balls to look at his example, I think I’ll ask for it.

Are you serious Bob?!
You know, I don’t really mind it when you’re complete lack of evolutionary understanding and any factual historical facts cause you to make ignorant remarks such as ...
Do you see the double standard here? You see evidence for the historicity of the Bible because you say archaeology hasn’t disproved it, although there are many things in the Bible that aren’t found in the archaeological record. When it comes to evolution, you expect palaeontology to witness every step of the process. You don’t say, although it’s true, that no fossil find has ever contradicted the theory of evolution.

John, this is just bias plain and simple.

That’s fine Bob because these matters can be sorted out by simply asking you to back up the comment by showing me any examples where archaeology has discovered anything that goes against the Bible.
And Bob,I’m not saying everything in the scriptures has been discovered Bob. I’m simply giving you examples of facts that I have discovered throughout the years, which eventually accumulated to the point where I decided to decide to give my life over to Jesus because before I accumulated all these facts, I was in the exact same boat you are in Bob.

I knew just enough about things such as the Bible and evolution to make me believe I knew enough to know Darwin was correct and these bible thumpers were a bunch of arrogant idiots.
So I went on a mission to gather all the evidence I could in order to be knowledgeable enough to engage in the debate in an informed and intelligent manner. The problem is I went looking for ammunition to shut people up but I found Jesus instead, and so I decided to try and share my knowledge with as many as were looking so that others might have this exceedingly wonderful feeling of absolute freedom and no fear of death. And that others would also feel what it is like to have a real personal relationship with the same God who actually created everything.

It’s a seriously wonderful feeling Bob, and there’s more than enough real, corroborating non biblical evidence available for anyone who is truly looking for the truth to make an intelligent and informed decision to accept Jesus into their lives and not feel like an idiot.

I have also studied creation science and evolution to the point where I am absolutely convinced that Darwin was wrong and the scriptures are absolutely correct and reliable and in spite of the arrogance of some evolutionary minded people who actually believe the word “science†is synonymous with evolution! Evolution is a concept, it's a conclusion arrived at by people who cannot tolerate the idea of a God who they would be accountable to. There are others such as Barb who are seriously inconsistent in their ideology when they disbelieve the scriptures' literal description of creation in favour of evolutionary conclusions arrived at through evolutionary “science†and yet that standard goes out the window when these same "ecolutionary scientifically†dependant people reject the very same "science" that can “prove†empirically that Jesus was not God, that there is in fact no God and the miracles described in the scriptures are scientifically impossible.

You stated You don’t say, although it’s true, that no fossil find has ever contradicted the theory of evolution. I agree totally, no fossil has ever contradicted the theory of evolution...there ya go Bob, now what? I am saying that there are creation scientists who are just as qualified and acredited as any evolution scientis. They attend the very same schools Bob and they yuse the exact smae scientific methods and instruments to study the very same evidence. Are you aware of this Bob?
The era of evolutionary arrogance has come to and end and now these same people aho have hogged the spotlight and polluted our children's minds with their ultra biased beliefs can't handle it. What do these creation scientists think they're doing by having their own scientific opinions? and who do they think they are by wanting to teach their science in our classrooms to our children??!! This is the epitome of arrogance bob and it's time it stopped.

So yes, I agree 100% it’s true, that no fossil find has ever contradicted the theory of evolution.
I am saying that it's every bit as valid a conclusion when there is a complete lack of evidence to conclude it doesn't exist. That is a scientific conclusion based on the scientif method, however some of us can't accpet it because it destroys their long held beliefs. So it's all about "science this and science that exclusively, no religion except weh it applies to them. Then they believe they can evoke pure blind faith to keep the dream alive no matter what the scientific reality is.

I can handle that Bob to a point, so when you start getting vulgar and turn into a web warrior hiding safely behind your monitor and make a statement such as ...
Edited to add: having read through your discussion with The Barbarian, perhaps I’m selling the theory short when I say not to expect to find complete transitional series. If you don’t have the balls to look at his example, I think I’ll ask for it.I do tend to get a wee tad upset.

For your information Bob I have repeatedly asked for any example of a series of graduated transitional fossils and Barbarian keeps delaying his unveiling of this world exclusive first example by pretending he doesn’t understand what a series of graduated transitional fossils are?
If he had any example he should have simply brought it out. So I don’t see how you have the nerve to blame me for his lack of fortitude.

Maybe you should just present your own reasons for believing in Darwinian evolution instead of relying on others to do all your thinking for you Bob. It’s really ridiculous for you to give me attitude because you have no clue as to why you believe this goofy theory in the first place.

Take care Bob
John Bronzesnake

The theories of evolution and Adam and Eve are both necessary elements in our world. Evolution theory is necessary for scientific advancement while Adam, Eve and Noah are necessary for faith. The problem people seem to have is trying to apply science to the topic of faith and the Bible to the topic of science - they are in no way related and neither should they be used to demonstrate contradiction!

God is the source of all wisdom and knowledge, science is finding new pieces of the puzzle continuously but it will never be able to provide a relationship with our Lord even if it tries to! The relationship with our Lord only comes from accepting everything He says in the Bible (when it is interpreted by Christ's spirit - otherwise you don't know how to read the book!), and there is no reason why a Christian can't learn the theory of evolution and apply it to their scientific endeavours - remember God is the epitome of open-mindedness, He knew all about the theory of evolution before Darwin conceived it!

Back