Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Scientists can't be wrong!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Heidi

"Scientists can't be wrong! Why they're infallible gods because they use human reasoning which is infallible!"

So says the secular world because they reject God. Of course that's an oxymoron since fallible human minds can't be infallible at the same time. Yet since the secular world rejects God, then the only place they can put their faith is in humans who are supposedly the most educated. But since the "best and the brightest' minds of the 19th century thought that bleeding people cures diseases and that blacks were inferior to whites, then as the world shows, today's science will be archaic to tomorrow's science. And the science of the future will be archaic to tomorrow's science.

So the question becomes; why trust anything scientists say? Again, the answer is that the secular world rejects God, so they have no choice but to worship scientists. But as I've shown and history has demonstrated, putting one's faith in the changing views of scientists is no different than putting one's faith in shifting sand.

But being brainwashed that scientists are infallible takes its toll. All of us have been brainwashed by secular education for years that evolution is true. So it will take a long time to have that undone. People still say; "Scientists can't be wrong! They couldn't have lied to me!" But the one thing we can count on from scientists is this phrase; "We now know that what we once thought was true is not true." So they discard old lies and replace them with news ones and will continue to do that until the world ends because they're looking in the wrong place for the truth; to their fallible human imaginations rather than to God alone.

Thus, the bible is right; "Do not put your trust in princes or in mortal men who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground and their actions come to nothing." :sad

While i believe biblical truth and see where you come from, it is your approach to reaching the scientist that is lacking. You are trying to logically argue faith with them, not going to reach them, unless you show them you are knowledgeable in the fields of discussion, counter with some reasonable type of theory, and that may never work, but there's more about treating them with respect instead beating up with the bible. Our lives in christ speak far more than logic. again, I say, apologetics isnt your strenght.

I wonder if you witness that way.

Some christian churches have interpretated the bible wrong and still claimed they were infallible in their view, ie the slavery and women being treated wrong. Not long ago the disease of epilepsy was thought of as a demonic possesion, yet no one today thinks that anymore, wonder why. Yes i do believe in demonic possesion.

jason

While i believe biblical truth and see where you come from, it is your approach to reaching the scientist that is lacking. You are trying to logically argue faith with them, not going to reach them, unless you show them you are knowledgeable in the fields of discussion, counter with some reasonable type of theory, and that may never work, but there's more about treating them with respect instead beating up with the bible. Our lives in christ speak far more than logic. again, I say, apologetics isnt your strenght.

One can't reach them unless they receive the indwelling Holy Spirit which 1 Corinthians 2;14 explains. I'm simply trying to show them and more importantly, show those who call themselves Christians what happens when they abandon God's words for the lies of Satan who rules the secular world. It's much worse for Christians because once they've abandoned God's word, then when scientists change their minds again (which you can count on), they'll have no one in whom to put their faith and no direction to go but downward. :sad

Heidi said:

One can't reach them unless they receive the indwelling Holy Spirit which 1 Corinthians 2;14 explains. I'm simply trying to show them and more importantly, show those who call themselves Christians what happens when they abandon God's words for the lies of Satan who rules the secular world. It's much worse for Christians because once they've abandoned God's word, then when scientists change their minds again (which you can count on), they'll have no one in whom to put their faith and no direction to go but downward. :sad
Then why are you arguing with Lord kalvan? You are so anti-intellectual, i never meet anyone like that.

Satan rules the tv,the sports, the secular work world, walmart, etc, shall we hid and cower, is that the word says. One can be a christian and a scientist. Have you ever heard of these men, Linneaus,Pavlov,Sir Isaac Newton, Pascal.They are christians.

jason

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back