Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

secrecy - one dangerous virus!

Edward, believe me, 11 mos doesn't mean that he knew who or what he married at all. They were still newly weds still discovering each other. There is SO much that people destructively hide from the other before marriage and into marriage which should have NEVER been hid; even more so in Hollywood where this woman was VERY deeply entrenched.

Of paramount importance besides whether they are a believer in and follower of Christ, I believe, is any emotional baggage which has NOT been completely dealt with as I guarantee that it WILL eventually rear its ugly head and will hurt/interfere with/destroy the relationship. The prospective spouse should be made aware of any emotional baggage including and esp where they were an innocent victim. If they are TRULY in love it won't hurt the relationship but rather strengthen it.

INTIMACY in a relationship hinges upon honest, open sharing. If I discover that I can't trust my spouse (he or she has lied to/deceived me) intimacy is destroyed as INTIMACY by its very nature makes one vulnerable. And we all are interested in our self-preservation. Forgiveness and recovery are possible but it takes time and will and the Lord's help.

Yeah, that's true. I can not disagree with that. He must've been clueless if he couldn't keep her for more than 11 months. Now it sounds like she got infatuated with him and took him on a short ride.

To be honest I don't know. Maybe it was him, her. I never heard of her till you mentioned her and then I searched her bio out of curiosity. I am not one to follow the personal lives of musicians or the Hollywood group or politicians as most of the time if not all what you see and hear is them only doing their job of following cues to motivate the most popularity (including marriages) and not the truth. I sometimes feel sorry for them as they are not allowed to be themselves but rather a puppet which their agent/PR director designed. Actually, it seems like that is the rule of thumb for anyone on FB, too. And we wonder why so many are taken down by drugs and alcohol. It must be REALLY tough for those few who tell them where to go and present an honest public front. Who believes them?

Last edited:
Back