Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

September almost over

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
BTW, if all the folks here noticed the days getting shorter quickly, it's not your imagination. The length of the day is determined by the solar declination (the earth's latitude the sun passes directly over at solar noon). The declination changes most rapidly at the equinoxes in late March or late September. At the summer or winter solstice, the declination changes very little which seems why the days are either long or short for several months near the first day of summer or winter.

Yesterday we had the equinox. That is when the sun's declination is at 0 degrees and crosses the equator. In two days, at my location anyway, the days and nights will be equal, then the days will only get shorter than the nights thereafter. The days are still slightly longer than the nights yet. At any given time, a little under 51% of the earths surface is experiencing sunlight (well, given there's no clouds I mean :lol)

washington? thats not a heatwave. its dry heat. i was stationed there. we have that temp as a low and with the humidity 90 is really about 100
90 as a low? I'm guessing you were on the other side of the mountains then? Eastern WA gets a lot warmer than we do over here in the western half.

Sydney's on about 83 degrees F at the moment. Ahhh, spring. :)

That's right. You're in the southern hemisphere so your days are getting longer. Well, up here the sun is going downward more every day, but if I stood on my head and looked at it, the sun would be getting higher, too. :toofunny

90 as a low? I'm guessing you were on the other side of the mountains then? Eastern WA gets a lot warmer than we do over here in the western half.
:eeeekkkim not there, i meant 75 as a low in florida. sorry i thought you saw me post that im in florida. but i was station at ft.lewis and that is western washington.sometimes im not too clear.

Some of the posters are Down Under maybe.

Anyway yes the autumn colors are always impressive. 'The heavens and the earth declare the glory of God'.

In Canada the maple leaf is sort of symbolic, really, of the fall.

I like T S Eliot's poem 'New Hampshire', which talks about the fall leaves and light.

You know, I think ppl such as tattooists could helpfully study the fall colors.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back