Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Sexism in the games industry

It's impossible to really nail down the facts via tweets. We have no idea if any of the people behind the tweets are really working in the gaming industry and telling the truth, ya know?

that is because they wouldnt sell if they didnt have women as objects.

I doubt that. It's just that objectifying women is what people expect because that's what they are used to. But people would get used to a different way of dealing with gender issues.

how many girls buy action games?even hollywood still does that.if the James Bond movies didnt have a sex object it wouldnt be well 007 worth watching.

how many girls buy action games?even hollywood still does that.if the James Bond movies didnt have a sex object it wouldnt be well 007 worth watching.

Not sure but there are a couple giving me an absolute beating at Halo 4 online!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Not sure but there are a couple giving me an absolute beating at Halo 4 online!!!

I would love to play some first person shooter game, but my computer's graphic card and CPU can't keep up with today's games and at the moment my money is needed for more pressing matters than a new computer or new games.
Other than that I see no reason why I wouldn't love to give Grazer an absolute beating. I love PvP gameplay. (I get addicted to it too easily though.)

Besides that. The question of "how many girls buy those games" is not really relevant. Sexism is still sexism, even if only 10% of a game's player community is female. A good deal of the players are young guys that have little "real" experience with women or man/woman relationships outside their family, and I suppose the sexism they are fed via games during their easily impressionable teen years will do long term damage and preserve cultural sexism that hurts real women in the real world.

ok, its culturally bad to open doors and for a man to do the heavy lifting? if so then why do some doctors tell my wife you have injuries only men should have?
worn out back from that work and also shoulders.

ok, its culturally bad to open doors and for a man to do the heavy lifting? if so then why do some doctors tell my wife you have injuries only men should have?
worn out back from that work and also shoulders.

Neither men, nor women should have a worn out back and shoulders. But if the doctors thinks it's culturally okay for men to have that type of injury then why not for women, too?
But how is that related to sexism in games?

Neither men, nor women should have a worn out back and shoulders. But if the doctors thinks it's culturally okay for men to have that type of injury then why not for women, too?
But how is that related to sexism in games?

that is its beacause of labor that is why? so men and women shouldnt be maids? that is what my wife did when she did that to her back. it relates because its considered sexist if i as a male say that a man ought to protect a woman. that is why.

grazer: Not sure but there are a couple giving me an absolute beating at Halo 4 online!!!

lol... go girls.

I'm a huge game fan - female - and I guess I just haven't noticed sexism in games. Probably because I'm way too busy enjoying the game to be looking for sexism. Just a few favs:

Thief series [top favorite - these never get old for me, and mods keep it alive]
Deus Ex series
Half Life Series [currently playing Black Mesa - LOVE IT!]
Elder Scrolls series [currently playing Skyrim]
Far Cry 1 [incredible FPS, very underrated]
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl [also incredible FPS/RPG, also very underrated]
Splinter Cell series
Bio Shock
Fallout

I don't know - I just can't think of anything sexist in these. Anyone else?

I'm a bit first person shooter gamer, Far Cry, Call of Duty, Halo etc. I see no sexism in the games I play themselves, but there may be sexist talk during online play from some other players. Other games may have more sexual themes that portray women as ojbects, and I think it's safe to assume that GTA would have sexism in it. From an end-user perspective though, I don't think sexism is an industry-wide issue.

If sexism does exist, it will be most likely in the gaming companies themselves, but we must remember that just because there is an extremely high proprotion of the gaming industry jobs taken up by men does not mean it's sexism. Most gamers are men, and most game designers will most likely therefore be men. I'm guessing that the number of women who enjoy playing CoD is about the same number of women who would want to design that game.

Back