Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

shamb ma la miki tado

Speaking in tounges is part of salvation

• Yes it is the evidence

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Rose

Berrnie is just a site I happened on whom I agree with, not a teacher or influencer.

My notions are not what you think thay are right out of the bible, if you would take the time to honesty study it you would see.

And this 'wordly' thing is just a cop out by mododlist to disparage others, you guys say that to make your selfs seem as though you are on a higher spiritual level, because you do not cut you hair or what ever.

In reality the 'worldy' people are those who think that by their out ward apperence and acts of so called rightouesness thwy please God, that would be the modolist.

Dear you keep trying to see who told me not to believe the modolist, dear it was not a man but God by his word lead of the Holy Spirit. Stop looking to see what men have taught me this, you will not find them look rather to God.

Now I have challenged you to forget all the stuff anyone has said to you and just study the bible yourself, you have yet to anser to that challege, you see while you think I am lead astray by men, it is you hwo are looking to men to teach you what is in the bible, no no no you dear are the one God has told to study.

Look I know the theology of the modolist well, I was very into it, however God by his grace convicted me to look past what they say, and to test them against the word, and they fell short.

Bottom line are you going to study and read the bible yourself, are you willing to forget the teaching of all the people so far, and let God talk to you in his word, are you willing to let the Holy Spirit lead you??? And not men.

Rose there is the challege, if you are right then it will be clear and concise, if not you will be set free into the truth, either way what have you lost.

I mean i know you can read you are read this stuff all the time.

Oh let me ask you one more thing, don't you ever have secomd thought as to how much time your leaders spend accusing the rest of us of being worldy, or in traditions of men, or pagan, or not having the full truth and so on? You must see that those are only tactics used to further embed you into the modolist theology and pit you agains the rest of us.

Anyways there is the challage take it or leave it, others wise you need to ask specific questions this dear is getting old and going no were.

Henry said:
Rose

Berrnie is just a site I happened on whom I agree with, not a teacher or influencer.

My notions are not what you think thay are right out of the bible, if you would take the time to honesty study it you would see.

And this 'wordly' thing is just a cop out by mododlist to disparage others, you guys say that to make your selfs seem as though you are on a higher spiritual level, because you do not cut you hair or what ever.

In reality the 'worldy' people are those who think that by their out ward apperence and acts of so called rightouesness thwy please God, that would be the modolist.

Dear you keep trying to see who told me not to believe the modolist, dear it was not a man but God by his word lead of the Holy Spirit. Stop looking to see what men have taught me this, you will not find them look rather to God.

Now I have challenged you to forget all the stuff anyone has said to you and just study the bible yourself, you have yet to anser to that challege, you see while you think I am lead astray by men, it is you hwo are looking to men to teach you what is in the bible, no no no you dear are the one God has told to study.

Look I know the theology of the modolist well, I was very into it, however God by his grace convicted me to look past what they say, and to test them against the word, and they fell short.

Bottom line are you going to study and read the bible yourself, are you willing to forget the teaching of all the people so far, and let God talk to you in his word, are you willing to let the Holy Spirit lead you??? And not men.

Rose there is the challege, if you are right then it will be clear and concise, if not you will be set free into the truth, either way what have you lost.

I mean i know you can read you are read this stuff all the time.

Oh let me ask you one more thing, don't you ever have secomd thought as to how much time your leaders spend accusing the rest of us of being worldy, or in traditions of men, or pagan, or not having the full truth and so on? You must see that those are only tactics used to further embed you into the modolist theology and pit you agains the rest of us.

Anyways there is the challage take it or leave it, others wise you need to ask specific questions this dear is getting old and going no were.

:B-fly:

Henry,

I'm fine just where I'm at in the Lord, except I just want to get closer to him.
I beleive what the UPC teaches, not because it's the UPC, but because of the word of God. I've been living for God for 33 years and I've tested it just fine.
I have nothing against you personally, I just think it's a shame you left the truth. Forgive me if I offended you.
I really have no questions to ask concerning your doctrine, because I'm not interested in it. I just wanted to know your reasoning for leaving such a great truth.

As far as my organization ACCUSING you of being worldly. They are just preaching from the word of God. There are specific things mentioned in the bible against what you are doing ( concerning the worldly issues) You are justifing it away to have your worldly pleasures is all.

The spirit leads me into truth and righteousness. The only challenge I want is to strive where I'am at for God and make it in to heaven.
God bless.

Rose

So you are not goign to check out what I say, what they say or what anyone sayd according the word, you are going to adherer to the UPC teachings without going and checking it out.

Dear I am glad you want to know God better, but acts of holiness and peity, will not do it. For example no matter how long your hair is God loves you, he does not love you anymore if then if you were bald.

And I not telling you about MY doctrine, that is a UPC brainwashing technque they tell you that waht ever any other church teaches is their doctrine of traditons, and you beleive them and do not check it out.

My Challenge to you was to read the bible, you say you are oare right and I am wrong, yet I get my thinking from the bible and you get your from the UPC

The UPC teaches their doctrine and read it into the bible, not interpreting it from the bible, but taking the doctring to the bible and interpreting the word to mean what they want it to mean.

This is why I left, I did not leave the truth, beacuse the truth is the word of God, not the word of the UPC, the truth are founds on the pages of Gods word not on the lips of men.

For this reason I have challeged you to test all that ouahve been told by true and honest study of the bible, a more then fair challenge since we both agree that it is the final authority, but you have declined and prefere to let the UPC do it for you.

As for this thing about MY docrtine, no dear that is the UPC talking, I was saying that if you have specific biblical qundery you would liek to address then we can have a dialg on that issue, not this back oand forth rambling.

So anyways the challenge is still is still there, I am only asking you to read Gods word for your self verse by verse and chapter by chapter, you say you want to get to know him better, well JEsus said He was the living the word and the pages of the bible are written about him so there you go.

By the way don't you find it at all disturbing that you want to know God but rely on UPC teachers to tell you what the bible teaches, and do not feel lead to really REALLY study it yourself.

Anyways I will add one more thing, you said you are not interested in my doctrine, if you are not willing to hear just what I do believe and see the biblical backing for it then how do you know I am not in truth, sort a blind judgement dear, just what Jesus says not to do. And typical of the UPC

Oh holiness standards are merely idolirty in another form, if you do not cut your hair and think somehow that makes you more godly you have made you hair an idol, and by the ways right after Paul talked that being the custom of the daym he said but we have no such custom.

Anyways if you are not afraid to tacle the issues, I am here and more then willing to get into the Bible, I am there everyday already.

Prasise God for his grace and mercy we sure do need it.

OK I didnt have time to read all the posts but anywho.....

1 Cor 14 v9 So likewise Except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air?

I think it would be easy to fake it. It is always good to interprit thats the best way to see if it fair dinkum...

verse 27 if any man speak in an unknown tounge, let it be by two or at the most by three, and that by coarse and let one interprit

The real spirit is like a song someone will say one line and someone else will finnish. Its completing and uplifting its a pitty that ppl abuse it. Hope i made sense :biggrin

"I'll 'ave a shandy!"

"A Calor Gas 'eater"

"I'll tie me tie"

That's not tongues That's gibberish!

Quath said:
From Mark 16:16-17: "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;"

So speaking in tongues is suppose to be a sign of a true Christian. However, I do not see where "tongues" are defined in the Bible, so for all I can see, it means people should be multilingual.

Quath

Hi there!

:angel:

I never use the ending of Mark as an authority for doctrines... as you are probably aware, it is not in the best manuscripts, nor is there any evidence that it belongs there.... actually the text indicates that it does not belong.

~serapha~

Henry said:
shamb ma la miki tado

When I was in the UPCI they would break out in tounges, at first I thouhgt it was very spirituall, but after some study what they were doing was not the tounges in the bible.

I also began to notice the same poepele would use the same funny words all the time, mixing it up some but basically the same thing as the last time they spoke in tounges.

So what do you guys think, do we still have tounges today, and if so how do we know if they are genuine and if not why not?

Oh one more thing does a christian have to speak in tounges, as the UPCI says the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit is speaking in tounges.

Yes. I know what you mean. I always heard the word, "shunda" in a lot of peoples' tongues.
I Do know that "shanda" in Yiddish means, "shame."

shamb ma la miki tado the language of and the sprit of bable.

this is not toungues.

So what do you guys think, do we still have tongues today, and if so how do we know if they are genuine and if not why not?

I would only worry about the tongue God gave me and quit worrying about other people's tongues. If it is genuine, you will know it. What do you think Henry...If you hadn't faked your tongues as you told me earlier, maybe you wouldn't have felt all of them were so fake. Maybe they were real and you just thought it was foolishness.

1 Cor. 2:14-16 says, "But the natural man RECEIVETH NOT the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: NEITHER CAN HE KNOW THEM, because they are spiritually discerned."

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Have you received the Holy Ghost since you believed? Are you sealed unto the day of redemption.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

13. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

If you don't know when you received the Holy Spirit of God, you might need to go back to the well. I can take you to the place, and tell you the time. No doubt in my mind it is for today and receiving his spirit within us, is necessary for salvation.

If you don't have his spirit within, how can he raise you up on the last day? It is the quickening spirit that will raise your dead body up from the grave. I would be very concerned if I didn't know the exact moment it happened. When the Spirit of the Lord came into your mortal body and took possession. You need to be possessed by the Spirit of the Lord Jesus. You need to know. Your eternal life depends upon it.

Is speaking in tongues essential for salvation? NO!

Why would you not want to speak in tongues if you could? Why do people fight agianst this so much. Even if you don't believe it is necessary for salavation, why do you not want to do it? Some act like it is disgusting to you. A Gift of God and you either mock it or act like it is repulsive. I just don't undrestand that. I wanted everything God offered when I got saved. Everything. I didn't want to come up short in anything. I wanted what the Early Chruch obviously had. If they needed it then, then I sure need it now...So what is the bid deal with all of you who find it foolishness or at the least a little beneath you to do it. :-?

Gary: Is speaking in tongues essential for salvation? NO!
http://trisagionseraph.tripod.com/regen ... l#Evidence

Eve: Why would you not want to speak in tongues if you could?

Gary: The point of the post was to debate IF tongues was neccessary for salvation. The answer is STILL "no".

Eve: Why do people fight agianst this so much. Even if you don't believe it is necessary for salavation, why do you not want to do it?

Gary: Who said that? You? Our Alpha weekend a few weeks ago saw several people speaking in tongues, many for the first time. Many came to faith WITHOUT tongues.

Eve: Some act like it is disgusting to you. A Gift of God and you either mock it or act like it is repulsive. I just don't undrestand that. I wanted everything God offered when I got saved. Everything. I didn't want to come up short in anything. I wanted what the Early Chruch obviously had. If they needed it then, then I sure need it now...So what is the bid deal with all of you who find it foolishness or at the least a little beneath you to do it.

Gary: All assumptions from your part. The previous post was about the false teaching that tongues was necessary for salvation. IF you wanted EVERYTHING that the early church had, why not sell all your possessions like they did? Why not meet daily like they did?

why not sell all your possessions like they did? Why not meet daily like they did?

That has nothing to do with salvation and you know it..we were talking about whether or not tongues were necesary for salvation. And I think they do. You think they don't. We will see one day who is right. If I'm wrong, I will still be alright. But If you are wrong.....what then, Gary?

Oneness errors

1 Cor. 12:7-11 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues. 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

hmmmmmm NOT to all... only to some!!!

1 Cor. 12:29-30 "Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?"

Do all speak in tongues? OBVIOSLY not!

We can see that the Holy Spirit gives gifts as He desires. He distributes them upon His people in the church as He wills (1 Cor. 12:11). It states in 1 Cor. 12:7-11 that different people have different gifts and we see in verses 29-31 that not all speak in tongues.

Now, the Oneness person will state that all are supposed to speak in tongues, but that not all do. They maintain that speaking in tongues is a necessary sign gift of true salvation and that a true believer will speak in tongues. But, that is not what the text says.

Paul asks the questions: Are all apostles? No. Are all prophets? No. Are all teachers? No. In other words, within the body of Christ, different people are called by God to have different gifts. If someone states that all are supposed to speak in tongues, but that not all do, then are all supposed to be apostles as well but not all are? Are all called to be prophets? Are all called to be teachers? No. Likewise, not all are called by God to speak in tongues.

It is simple. Not all speak in tongues because God doesn't give the gift to everyone. Speaking in tongues is not the sign of salvation, but a sign. If anything, the fruit of the indwelling Spirit of God is listed in Gal. 5:22-23 is the sign of salvation. I would ask the Oneness person if the following fruit are what the true signs of salvation in his or her life rather than speaking in tongues:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law" (Gal. 5:22-23).

How are you going Eve?

Back