Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Sheep and Wolves

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Angel

These verses put the fear of God in me:

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you dressed as sheep, but inside they are devouring wolves.fully recognize them by their fruits. Do people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?

17 Even so, every healthy (sound) tree bears good fruit [worthy of admiration], but the sickly (decaying, worthless) tree bears bad (worthless) fruit.

18 A good (healthy) tree cannot bear bad (worthless) fruit, nor can a bad (diseased) tree bearexcellent fruit [worthy of admiration].

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.

20 Therefore, you will fully know them by their fruits.

21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?

How do we know what the will of God is, and how can produce fruit that is of God?

We are blessed to have His Word.... Compare what is said to His Word....

Simplistic excample:
You hear a 'preacher' say something like " I will show you the way follow me" you say that doesn't sound right.... :thinking Now i remember Jesus said:

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Mat_16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

By knowing the Word we can guard against such...

Some basic sins are listed;

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

A true teacher of God will not suggest any of these things... Often how these guys get people hooked is a little bit at a time... The first on the list here is adultery.... Most wolfs are not gonna 'grab' ya they will work to seduce you. A hug you dont feel comfortable about , dropping by the house when you husband is at work... "counseling" you apart from your husband....
Hatred: It is o so easy to get people on YOUR side by finding a common enemy .... stirring up bad feelings ... One very obvious that did this was the guy from Westboro Baptist ...

The Word give us another list...:sohappy A list to guide us ... Praise the Lord God He is there to pick me up when i fail... :amen

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

How do we know what the will of God is,...
James 1
27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Keeping oneself unspotted from the world. A vast majority of Christians don't understand what that means.

...and how can produce fruit that is of God?

Matthew 25
41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’
45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

Another passage that gets brushed aside.

21 Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name?

How do we know what the will of God is, and how can produce fruit that is of God?

yes, since more people are tricked and self-deceived, it is good to diligently seek what is right.

grace, sheer grace. (and a long long struggle in life)

this is a long read, 10 minutes(I remember when 6 or more hours used to be a long read), but worth it possibly to start the journey on the answer (it takes a lifetime dedicated to God to know and be in His will)..... always test everything, pray, pray, pray, and trust God.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/books/zac/the_full_gospel.html

15 Beware of false prophets, who come to you dressed as sheep, but inside they are devouring wolves.fully recognize them by their fruits. Do people pick grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles?

17 Even so, every healthy (sound) tree bears good fruit [worthy of admiration], but the sickly (decaying, worthless) tree bears bad (worthless) fruit.

18 A good (healthy) tree cannot bear bad (worthless) fruit, nor can a bad (diseased) tree bearexcellent fruit [worthy of admiration].

19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire.

Angel my friend, is that a Bichon Frise with you? Sure looks like one....I have three Bichon's, all siblings from the same father, different mothers. They are the sweetest little critters!

Your thread is so important during these last day, especially as we enter the tribulation period. Reba gave an excellent post distinguishing how to spot a false prophet. Thru the years that I have heard a message to my mind from God concerning someone who He wants to heal or for me to tell them something, I have to be very, very careful that I know that the message is from God and not my own thinking, or even from the devil. I have a certain feeling (glow) in my stomach if it is from God, I usually test that message with questions to God, If I don't get the "feeling" I don't proceed. If I get that feeling, I usually ask another question, and if I get that feeling again, I know it's from God and I'm obedient to speak to the person. In every case, what I told the person, was real and produced real results. The day that I communicate something that does not prove to be right, I must stop! That would prove to be something that God was not doing.

Angel my friend, is that a Bichon Frise with you? Sure looks like one....I have three Bichon's, all siblings from the same father, different mothers. They are the sweetest little critters!

Your thread is so important during these last day, especially as we enter the tribulation period. Reba gave an excellent post distinguishing how to spot a false prophet. Thru the years that I have heard a message to my mind from God concerning someone who He wants to heal or for me to tell them something, I have to be very, very careful that I know that the message is from God and not my own thinking, or even from the devil. I have a certain feeling (glow) in my stomach if it is from God, I usually test that message with questions to God, If I don't get the "feeling" I don't proceed. If I get that feeling, I usually ask another question, and if I get that feeling again, I know it's from God and I'm obedient to speak to the person. In every case, what I told the person, was real and produced real results. The day that I communicate something that does not prove to be right, I must stop! That would prove to be something that God was not doing.
Very wise and humble words. :)

Hey Chopper!
No, he is/was a poodle. :)
I sort of get what you mean by experiencing God. Lately, God has been placing compassion in my heart for others. All of I sudden I feel such love for people out of no where, so I know the Holy Spirit is prompting me. I try to obey the Holy Spirit and do something good for that individual.

Hey Chopper!
No, he is/was a poodle. :)
I sort of get what you mean by experiencing God. Lately, God has been placing compassion in my heart for others. All of I sudden I feel such love for people out of no where, so I know the Holy Spirit is prompting me. I try to obey the Holy Spirit and do something good for that individual.

Dear Angel:halo, That is just how the Holy Spirit moves in some of God's precious people, and you are certainly one of them!....Back in the ninety's I drove charter coaches in Portland, Maine. One morning as I was driving up Congress St. I asked Jesus to give me his heart for all the drunks that I saw in the streets and store fronts. Immediately I burst out crying, I could hardly see to drive. I think some of the passengers up front with me thought I was loosing it. LOL! Yep, that how it works. :hug

God is love and His will is for us to love as we walk in His Spirit. Reba gave the fruits of the Spirit that we need to see displayed in others to know they are of God. Colossians chapter 3 also instructs us how to walk in the Spirit as being the very elect of God as when we are also risen with Christ we will walk in His ways.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Col 3:5 Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
Col 3:6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
Col 3:7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
Col 3:8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
Col 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Col 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
Col 3:11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
Col 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back