Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Allowing children to participate in the celebration of Halloween may appear to be quite harmless on the surface, but the spiritual implications are far from Christian. In today's world, fortune-telling, Ouija boards, ESP, telepathy, horoscopes, voodoo, clairvoyance, yoga, hypnosis, magic, transcendental meditation, Eastern religions, reincarnation, metaphysics and many other practices are expressly forbidden in Scripture. They are related to the occult and satanic forces. Therefore believers should have nothing to do with them. Note the following Scriptures:

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance" (1 Chronicles 10:13)

"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you." "A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads." "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Leviticus 20:27, 20:6)

The Bible very clearly instructs Christians to have nothing to do with the practices of darkness. Halloween is a rite with pagan, demonic roots. The Celtic people, who lived over 2,000 years ago, feared the evening of October 31st more than any other day of the year. It was the eve of the lord of the Dead. To celebrate, the people built bonfires, wore masks and costumes in order to prepare for the arrival of spirits. Fire rituals and divination were part of their celebration. Pagan priests even offered human and animal sacrifices.​
true - and if anyone knows what the oldest religion in the world does oct 31 and a few days leading up to it to their victims/sacrifices they would vehemently oppose it - the satanic/witchcraft religion is a total abomination - the bible puts it in mild terms like "make your children pass through the fire to molech" - paul says "it's not good to even whisper in secret what they do" - but if you saw and heard it acted out you would never be able to sleep again knowing it is the most inhuman reprehensible extended torture of children babies animals to please their god satan

true - and if anyone knows what the oldest religion in the world does oct 31 and a few days leading up to it to their victims/sacrifices they would vehemently oppose it - the satanic/witchcraft religion is a total abomination - the bible puts it in mild terms like "make your children pass through the fire to molech" - paul says "it's not good to even whisper in secret what they do" - but if you saw and heard it acted out you would never be able to sleep again knowing it is the most inhuman reprehensible extended torture of children babies animals to please their god satan
I remember back many years ago when I worked at the airport it was Halloween and a few liked traveling in costumes. I had a guy come into the store I worked in and he was dressed up as a Druid Priest. He actually sent chills through me as he was the real deal. How I know this, well you know those plastic bags you have to tear off to put purchases in, I tore only one off and placed his purchase in it. When he turned to walk out the door there were a few bags that literally individually fell off the rack. Ya, Druid Priest and all the darkness of Halloween is real.

Birth of Christ. Have to do this in three parts.

1st Month

2nd Month

3rd Month

Abib - Nisan
(March - April)

Zif - Iyyar
(April - May)

Sivan
(May - June)

First
Week

Jehoiarib (1)​

Seorim (4)​

All Priests
(Pentecost)​

Second
Week

Jedaiah (2)​

Malchijah (5)​

Abijah (8)​

Third
Week

All Priests
(Feast of Unleavened Bread)​

Mijamin (6)​

Jeshuah (9)​

Fourth
Week

Harim (3)​

Hakkoz (7)​

Shecaniah (10)​

Jewish month

Begins the
New moon of

John the Baptist

Jesus

1. Abib / Nisan

March-April​

Birth of John
15 Nisan​

4​

2. Zif / Iyyar

April-May​

5​

3. Sivan

May-June​

Conception of John
after 3rd Sabbath​

6​

4. Tammuz

June-July​

1​

7​

5. Ab / Av

July-August​

2​

8​

6. Elul

August-September​

3​

9​

7. Ethanim / Tishri

September-October​

4​

Birth of Jesus
15 Tishri​

8. Bul / Marheshvan / Heshvan

October-November​

5​

9. Chisleu / Chislev / Kislev

November-December​

6​

Conception of Jesus
25 Kislev?​

10. Tebeth / Tevet

December-January​

7​

1​

11. Shebat / Shevat

January-February​

8​

2​

12. Adar

February-March​

9​

3​

According to Luke Chapter One Jesus was conceived six months after the conception of John the Baptist and was born nine months later in the months of September/October according to the Lunar Jewish Calendar.

King David on God's instructions (1 Chr 28:11-13) had divided the sons of Aaron into 24 groups (1 Chr 24:1-4), to setup a schedule by which the Temple of the Lord could be staffed with priests all year round in an orderly manner. After the 24 groups of priests were established, lots were drawn to determine the sequence in which each group would serve in the Temple. (1 Chr 24: 7-19). That sequence is as follows:​

1 Chr 24:7​

1. Jehoiarib​

2. Jedaiah​

1 Chr 24:8​

3. Harim​

4. Seorim​

1 Chr 24:9​

5. Malchijah​

6. Mijamin​

1 Chr 24:10​

7. Hakkoz​

8. Abijah​

1 Chr 24:11​

9. Jeshuah​

10. Shecaniah​

1 Chr 24:12​

11. Eliashib​

12. Jakim​

1 Chr 24:13​

13. Huppah​

14. Jeshebeab​

1 Chr 24:14​

15. Bilgah​

16. Immer​

1 Chr 24:15​

17. Hezir​

18. Aphses​

1 Chr 24:16​

19. Pethahiah​

20. Jehezekel​

1 Chr 24:17​

21. Jachim​

22. Gamul​

1 Chr 24:18​

23. Delaiah​

24. Maaziah​

1 Chr 24:19 These were the orderings of them in their service to come into the house of the LORD, according to their manner, under Aaron their father, as the LORD God of Israel had commanded him.

Now each one of the 24 "courses" of priests would begin and end their service in the Temple on the Sabbath, a tour of duty being for one week (2 Chr 23:8, 1 Chr 9:25). On three occasions during the year, all the men of Israel were required to travel to Jerusalem for festivals of the Lord, so on those occasions all the priests would be needed in the Temple to accommodate the crowds. Those three festivals were Unleavened Bread, Pentecost, and Tabernacles (Deut 16:16).

The Yearly Cycle of Service in the Temple.

The Jewish calendar begins in the spring, during the month of Nisan, so the first "course" of priests, would be that of the family of Jehoiarib, who would serve for one week, Sabbath to Sabbath. The second week would then be the responsibility of the family of Jedaiah. The third week would be the feast of Unleavened Bread, and all priests would be present for service. Then the schedule would resume with the third course of priests, the family of Harim. By this plan, when the 24th course was completed, the general cycle of courses would repeat. This schedule would cover 51 weeks or 357 days, enough for the lunar Jewish calendar (about 354 days). So, in a period of a year, each group of priests would serve in the Temple twice on their scheduled course, in addition to the 3 major festivals, for a total of about five weeks of duty.

The Conception of John the Baptist.

Back to Zachariah, the father of John the Baptist, which is important to understand that Jesus was born September/October according to the Lunar Jewish Calendar being conceived six months after John the Baptist.

Luke 1:23 And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.

Luke 1:24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived

Beginning with the first month, Nisan, in the spring (March-April), the schedule of the priest's courses would result with Zachariah serving during the 10th week of the year. This is because he was a member of the course of Abia (Abijah), the 8th course, and both the Feast of Unleavened Bread (15-21 Nisan) and Pentecost (6 Sivan) would have occurred before his scheduled duty. This places Zachariah administration in the Temple as beginning on the second Sabbath of the third month, Sivan (May-June).

Having completed his Temple service on the third Sabbath of Sivan, Zachariah returned home and soon conceived his son John. So John the Baptist was probably conceived shortly after the third Sabbath of the month of Sivan.

I remember back many years ago when I worked at the airport it was Halloween and a few liked traveling in costumes. I had a guy come into the store I worked in and he was dressed up as a Druid Priest. He actually sent chills through me as he was the real deal. How I know this, well you know those plastic bags you have to tear off to put purchases in, I tore only one off and placed his purchase in it. When he turned to walk out the door there were a few bags that literally individually fell off the rack. Ya, Druid Priest and all the darkness of Halloween is real.
yes - as unreal as it seems to normal people these witches/satanists take it very seriously and their sacrifices are the way to the top of the totem pole in spiritual power in their religion - their spirit guides tell them how many sacrifices to make to reach the next level of spiritual power and how to torurously extract the most fear and pain out of the victim -

on the bright side when we know about this we can invoke and operate in authority under God by properly using Matthew 18:18-20 and Mark 11:22-24 - because 1 of us puts 1000 demons/agents to flight and 2 of us put 10k to flight - thus my extreme adherence to everything God says - without that we don't have enough covering/authority/power from God to do Matthew 18 and Mark 11 effectively - when dealing with/overcoming powers of darkness a person REALLY needs to walk in the Spirit and OBEY every command/instruction God gives - theology can't stand in the face of this darkness - only a profound obedient connection with God will see the power of God bring absolute victory

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back