Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

Should I follow my family or continue onto my own path?

Johnny916

Before Easter day my family came into town. They invited me to go with them to go to church. They're Catholic and Spanish. I'm Latino/Hispanic and I feel I should also follow my family in the Roman Catholic faith. I just believe Judaism is the truth. What should I do? Should I be like my relatives? I would be living a lie though. Has anyone ever been in the same situation like myself?

Yeah I was in your situation, but at the same time I wasn't.

I went to church when my family didn't. Now they all go. Same because I did what my family didn't.

Different because it's Christianity for me and Judaism for you and I'd have to disagree with your choice.

I'd suggest you go with your family because you will learn that you are not living a lie at all.:thumbsup

God seeded this doubt in you for a reason! Rejoice, He is talking to you right now.

If you like the Jewish traditions, maybe you should look into some of the Christian churches that follow them, and yes there are a few that do.

I also have to learn Spanish. Difficult when someone speaks to you in Spanish and all you can say is what? The same happens with Russians. I come from a multiracial family. Life is confusing!

Wouldn't you have to learn Hebrew if you went for the Judaism route?

I fail to see a problem with language, since both scenarios feature a language barrier. And trust me, Spanish is MUCH easier than Hebrew.

I can agree with you. Since I have Spanish themed websites and books to teach myself. You know what! I'm Catholic! I'm happy! I love my family and friends. I would always love what I learn from Judaism and do the best to imply it in my life. :) My family has always been Catholic for many generations. I can't stop that!!!

Messianic Judaism sounds perfect for you! They are Christians who celebrate the Jewish holidays and honor the culture. I love the Jewish culture and have more than once considered converting. No reason to stop believing in Christ to become Jewish.

No Catholic is not like Messianic Jews. One is Catholicism and the other is protestant.

Glad you are having a change of mind.

Remember this:

Christianity is the next step of Judaism. For all intents and purposes, you are in the Jewish faith when you become a Christian. In fact those who practice Judaism are the ones who are no longer in the Jewish faith!

I like Catholicism. Hundreds of years or more my family has been Catholic. I even have family who has seen Pope John Paul 2 and the current Pope.

My family would like to say thanks! Thanks for bringing back to my faith and Jesus. They already called my grandmother late at night. Never wake a crank Spaniard grandmother.

Before Easter day my family came into town. They invited me to go with them to go to church. They're Catholic and Spanish. I'm Latino/Hispanic and I feel I should also follow my family in the Roman Catholic faith. I just believe Judaism is the truth. What should I do? Should I be like my relatives? I would be living a lie though. Has anyone ever been in the same situation like myself?
I come from a long history of Mormons going back to when they came to settle in Utah, both my great grandparents were born there and I was raised as a child in the Mormon church but as a teen and adult my immediate family dropped church going. When I fouind Christ at 45 I immediatly felt an obligation to dedicate myself to the LDS Church but as I studied the Bible I realized how far they are from the truth and it kinda broke my heat but unlike you I didn't have family pressure, I would point out the differences plant those seeds and pray for their understanding. Bless you for following the truth as you see it.

Once one receives Jesus Christ as one's personal Saviour and Lord, one's church affiliation is important for one's proper training in the Word and straight growth, and protection from false teaching. We are to follow how the Lord leads us. Let Jesus take you where He desires you to be.

If you have received Jesus Christ as your Saviour, ask Him to place you where you should belong, then follow His lead. There are no points in Heaven for following after one's heritage.

God has a path for you to walk.

Hi! I find what you said really interesting, I've quite often been in a simalir situation where I've had to choose between what's in my heart, - what I truly believe in and what my family and those around me have pressurised me into doing and believing. I'm not saying Judaism is the correct path, I think ultimately you need to do some searching and praying, but sometimes, I think God puts things into our hearts for a reason. Sometimes when everyone is telling us to do something, we get overwhelmed, and forget that 'we ought to obey God rather than men,' . [Acts 5 v 29] ' But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it, lest ye be found even to fight against God.' [v.39] Little providences and tests come to us in life and we have to pray and learn what He would have us do.
Love and peace :)

God wouldn't have anyone convert to Judaism! They do not acknowledge the Messiah. If one is born again, one can worship and study with Messianic Jews.

i dont think she or he meant to convert to judiasm.rather search for the truth and decide for yourself and pray. wise words.

Always be true to yourself and your beliefs, because it's the only path to peace and happiness. I followed my family's Mormon beliefs for 31 years, and it took an insane amount of courage to follow my heart and break away. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but definitely the most satisfying. God bless!

Always be true to yourself and your beliefs, because it's the only path to peace and happiness. I followed my family's Mormon beliefs for 31 years, and it took an insane amount of courage to follow my heart and break away. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done, but definitely the most satisfying. God bless!

It is not of God to turn to Judaism! It isn't courageous to jump from the frying pan into the fire.

Catholicism has its errors, but at least they believe Jesus is the Messiah.

My advice it to see Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord and then once he has accepted Jesus, then Jesus will tell him what to do.

Back