Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Should we procreate in the end times of Revelation?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Daniel M

This may be a rather unusual question, but anyway...

"Be fruitful and multiply" God says to Adam and Eve (Genesis 9:7) so one of our inherent goals in this world is to procreate.

However, it is clear for those with eyes open to see that we are living in the beginning of the end times according to Revelation. Euphrates has dried up and we are very fastly approaching a one world government (the "beast system" from Revelation), as well as many other biblical end-time prophecies being fulfilled, so the future is absolutely not going to be bright for the following years ahead until Christ returns and all the demonic influence of this world is over. We're probably even approaching the rapture in a few years. So where should our goals be while we spend our life in the end times? Should we procreate and start new families or should we just spend our final days striving for eternity with Christ and nothing else? I ask this because I and many other people would love to start a family however the future is not going to be bright and I truly believe that absolute world tyranny is coming for everyone until Christ returns and defeats the evil. So should we start families and begin the next generations even in the times that we are living?

"Be fruitful and multiply" God says to Adam and Eve (Genesis 9:7) so one of our inherent goals in this world is to procreate.

However, it is clear for those with eyes open to see that we are living in the beginning of the end times according to Revelation. Euphrates has dried up and we are very fastly approaching a one world government (the "beast system" from Revelation), as well as many other biblical end-time prophecies being fulfilled, so the future is absolutely not going to be bright for the following years ahead until Christ returns and all the demonic influence of this world is over. We're probably even approaching the rapture in a few years. So where should our goals be while we spend our life in the end times? Should we procreate and start new families or should we just spend our final days striving for eternity with Christ and nothing else? I ask this because I and many other people would love to start a family however the future is not going to be bright and I truly believe that absolute world tyranny is coming for everyone until Christ returns and defeats the evil. So should we start families and begin the next generations even in the times that we are living?
Personal choice sir, you might consider Jesus' admonition to those of the first century that were going to be entering into tribulation:
(Matthew 24:15-19) . . .“Therefore, when you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken about by Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place (let the reader use discernment), 16 then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains. 17 Let the man on the housetop not come down to take the goods out of his house, 18 and let the man in the field not return to pick up his outer garment. 19 Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days!

We believe that was a two fold prophecy with a fulfillment in the first century, but in ours as well, and believe we are on the verge of the great tribulation. Many Christians choose to have children as we do not know the day or hour. I am 69 yrs old and because of world conditions of my child bearing years, I chose not to have them, I do not regret not having them, but I do have a couple of God kids that lived with my wife and I for a while. There are always kids that need homes that are already here, and if you take on foster kids, you are assisted with expenses as well. That is a very loving alternative.

I also feel the same way Highway54 does.

I take a good look at the state of the world and the rapid wickedness that is on the earth. The Tribulation is close at hand and I wouldn't want any child to be subjected to all that's going on. It would be nice to have a family of my own, but don't want to risk it.

I'm not sure if there will be a rapture and if there is that will be wonderful but in case of the church going through the Tribulation period, I want to be prudent and get people ready. I do believe there are a lot of unwanted children in the world. Should I ever find someone to spend my life with I'd consider adoption but I feel God has me called to do something else entirely.

I just pray a hedge of protection around our Christ family and keep praying for the lost to find Jesus Christ while He may be found.

We now who are alive in Christ, and will be raptured to Heaven before the tribulation, will not be able to procreate in our glorified, eternal bodies. Those mortal men and women, who are alive on Earth during the tribulation and make it through to Christ's millennial reign, will be able to procreate and re-populate the Earth. The Bible also tells us that in the Millennial reign of Jesus, mortality will re-set to human lifespans before the great flood of Genesis. People once again will have 1,000 year lifespans. The Bible says that a person who dies at the age of 100, his death will be like the death of a child. Of course, we who are already blood-bought of Jesus will be in our glorified, eternal bodies and will not be limited to a 1,000 year lifespan. But mortal people on earth will still have to make the decision to choose Jesus as their savior or they will be judged at the Great White Throne with the rest of humanity who rejected Christ in their lives here on Earth.

Back