Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Signs of the Lord's Return... for futurist discussion

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

tim-from-pa

The bible always talks about watching for the Lord's return. Actually, I think he made the signs pretty simple for those who care to look. After all, the things I see going on with Israel, the things I see with perverted doctrine, the things I see with the "church" compromising, and the things I see happening in the world and politics, I think one would have to be rather dense not to see the signs of the end upon us. I think they are more obvious than a swinging bag of rocks hitting one on the side of the head. :lol Yet, so many professing Christians who claim to believe in the Lord's return just carry on "business as usual" and are blinded to obvious signs. After all, one does not have to be an Einstein to see these obvious things. The Lord did not make it so complicated that we have to understand calculus or something like that. I wonder why more people are not awake?

But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. - Matt 24:36 (ESV)

Sent from my ADR6300

Yet, so many professing Christians who claim to believe in the Lord's return just carry on "business as usual" and are blinded to obvious signs.
What would His return give us that His Holy Spirit doesn't?

What would His physical presence provide that His Body - the church - cannot?

If the world is screwed up, maybe it's because the church is screwed up, too?

Is He not ruling in heaven now, at the right hand of the Father?

So why do people keep looking for His return when He has made us ambassadors and priests to His kingdom?

If you're not happy with the way the world is, change it. That's why He gave us His Holy Spirit.

For what it's worth.

But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. - Matt 24:36 (ESV)

Sent from my ADR6300

While you are correct quoting that, let it be known that we have to be careful in using that passage to justify sweeping things under the rug and avoiding the issue altogether. I'm not saying you are doing that, but it does come across to an objective reader that way. Not knowing does not equate to being lax in looking for signs. As a mater of fact, the Lord commended those who were watchful and seeking to know.

The bible always talks about watching for the Lord's return. Actually, I think he made the signs pretty simple for those who care to look. After all, the things I see going on with Israel, the things I see with perverted doctrine, the things I see with the "church" compromising, and the things I see happening in the world and politics, I think one would have to be rather dense not to see the signs of the end upon us. I think they are more obvious than a swinging bag of rocks hitting one on the side of the head. :lol Yet, so many professing Christians who claim to believe in the Lord's return just carry on "business as usual" and are blinded to obvious signs. After all, one does not have to be an Einstein to see these obvious things. The Lord did not make it so complicated that we have to understand calculus or something like that. I wonder why more people are not awake?

Hi, I see your question answered as an openly known repeated sin one. 1 John 3:4 documents that law breaking is sin. And perverted doctrine as you say has been done over many years with 'most' knowing what they are teaching & being Partakers of. And as is seen in Gen. 6:3, NO amount of preaching with the Holy Spirit's Striving has changed most of these ones today. Sad, but True! Eccl. 3:15

We surely agree that when one steals & just keeps on with that 'known' sin, over & over again, it is not long before the person just cannot be convicted. We all know how lieing over & over again produces a liar.

Note David in Psalms 19:13's Presumption sin which produces the [Great Transgression].
Thus we see Matt. 7's broadway ones & Rev. 17:1-5 ones Documented by Inspiration as Eternally Lost.

--Elijah

While you are correct quoting that, let it be known that we have to be careful in using that passage to justify sweeping things under the rug and avoiding the issue altogether. I'm not saying you are doing that, but it does come across to an objective reader that way. Not knowing does not equate to being lax in looking for signs. As a mater of fact, the Lord commended those who were watchful and seeking to know.

You are correct. My view is that we will never know when and that Christians have been seeing the signs since the 1st century. I find it to be a distraction, since trying to be the Christian God wants me to be now will prepare me for whenever the end times occur.
It is a good discussion, though, as long as it does not become divisive and is not what solely defines a church community.

Sent from my ADR6300

I reckon folks are a little sleepy because those who spout this special insider knowledge always do so in a holier-than-thou manner and have a track record of 100% error.

Case in point;

Yet we have the blessed assurance that every passing day brings our salvation nearer then when we believed. And while it is true that the church, during all her history, has had repeated evidence that the day was approaching, we ask, what are these evidences in our time? Surely they are of especial significance.

Shortly previous to the first coming of Christ the Holy Ghost, although He had given through Daniel a special revelation unto the devout Simeon-who was 'waiting for the consolation of Israel', to-wit:' that he should not see death before he had seen the Lord's Christ. Luke 2;26. And this leads us to ask: May not the same blessed Spirit who thus revealed this mighty event to Simeon of old (and probably the aged Anna also) likewise give unto a favored one, or chosen few of the faithful watching ones, to know that their glad eyes shall see His appearing,
and that they shall never taste of death. Even so now, many of the most devout and faithful of God's people, in all denominations, both in this and foreign lands, are seriously impressed with the conviction, that the coming of the Lord is near.

W.E. Blackstone, Jesus Is Coming ,1908 pgs 210,212,213. Emphasis added , portions of this article were first published @1875.

How many times have you been told that if you would just listen to the Holy Spirit ,you too ,would be able to see the 'signs of the times'.? Something else that hasnt chaged in a century is the intonation that real christians, 'the most devout and faithful', know with certainty the time is near. You dont think its near because you're not faithful and devout,,,

Well ,at least, thanks to Mr Blackstone we know with certainty that the people he considered to be the most devout and faithful of all demoniations completlely failed in their predictions.

Bear in mind the Blackstone quote was chosen because of its age and the authors longterm standing in DF circles, not because of the rarity of his position.

Last edited by a moderator:
We (as Christians) need to pay more attention spreading the Gospel than worrying about end times. As we are told we should always be ready.

So why do people keep looking for His return when He has made us ambassadors and priests to His kingdom?

If you're not happy with the way the world is, change it. That's why He gave us His Holy Spirit.

For what it's worth.

Revelation 21:1 "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea."

Revelation 21:3 "And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

Revelation 21:4 "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Revelation 20:6 "Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years."

You are correct. My view is that we will never know when and that Christians have been seeing the signs since the 1st century. I find it to be a distraction, since trying to be the Christian God wants me to be now will prepare me for whenever the end times occur.
It is a good discussion, though, as long as it does not become divisive and is not what solely defines a church community.

Sent from my ADR6300
I agree. It seems the futurists have been beat down by a few lately. So, in all fairness, lets allow them this discussion, please?

Thanks. :nod

For what it's worth.

Exactly. The Holy Spirit must feel so unappreciated. Maybe that's why the gifts are almost non-existent today.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,. but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12.

Vic asked nicely

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back