Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] So how's the climate going?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
A change is gonna come. It's been a long time, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will.

The Democrats’ panic over climate questions speaks volumes -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...stions-speaks-volumes/?utm_term=.f19b02ae469e

"...during the Obama years, work on climate change issues all started from a mandated conclusion: That manmade global warming was settled science and that it was bad and getting worse. Researchers quickly determined where the money was, and they knew the more alarming the study or findings from a working group, the better. All the hiding and panic speaks to a government that is out of control."
Has anyone ever seen the actual findings that Prove man is the cause?

A change is gonna come. It's been a long time, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will.

The Democrats’ panic over climate questions speaks volumes -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...stions-speaks-volumes/?utm_term=.f19b02ae469e

"...during the Obama years, work on climate change issues all started from a mandated conclusion: That manmade global warming was settled science and that it was bad and getting worse. Researchers quickly determined where the money was, and they knew the more alarming the study or findings from a working group, the better. All the hiding and panic speaks to a government that is out of control."

As you learned earlier, the money turned out be coming from deniers, offered to any person willing to deny what the data said.

Ten thousand dollars to any climate scientist who would write papers to order. Millions to one such scientist who cashed in on denier need for scientific cover.

"Follow the money." You betcha.

the one thing climate change proponents have never mentioned is in a few years all the northerns will not have to move to the south.

No problem. Have any interest in the Hadley data?
it is very interesting read. however when they start throwing in a lot of if's and suppositions that they have never proven
then I lose interest. example; is how it probably was 10 or 20 million years ago; that kind of stuff does not seem like real data but supposition. but the two sites will take up some of my reading time for sure.

it is very interesting read. however when they start throwing in a lot of if's and suppositions that they have never proven
then I lose interest. example; is how it probably was 10 or 20 million years ago; that kind of stuff does not seem like real data but supposition. but the two sites will take up some of my reading time for sure.

"Proxy data" are obtained by other than direct observation, tree ring data, geologic evidence, etc. And they are less reliable. Actual continent-wide reporting with oceanic data by military ships taking readings at specific locations began in the 1800s. So that's a lot more reliable than what we had before.

The satellite data, once standard measurement practices were validated, is even better. Radiosonde balloons are good, but there's a glitch in the data, because before a certain date, the instruments weren't shaded from the Sun and gave erroneously high readings for air temperature.

There's a lot of data on those issues at Goddard, too. And open to anyone who wants to read them. I'm not as familiar with NOAA, but I'll bet you can get it from them, too.

There have been some technical corrections, too, but the data changed by a very tiny amount.

figure-1-homogenizationgloballand.png

The entire climate alarmist phenomenon is built on computer models, and alarmists start with a predetermined conclusion. Speculation and nothing but speculation.

The entire climate alarmist phenomenon is built on computer models, and alarmists start with a predetermined conclusion. Speculation and nothing but speculation.
Im a long way from siding with Al Gore on anything he preaches. If some one shows me data (proof ) then I expect to
see only proven facts.

Im a long way from siding with Al Gore on anything he preaches. If some one shows me data (proof ) then I expect to
see only proven facts.
I still think that the vast massive size of the Oceans of this world, the Pacific alone is 1/3 the earths surface, and the volume of water that they hold, will out weigh by infinite measure, the affect on the climate of the earth by a gas that makes up 0.040% or our atmosphere.

In my opinion, no matter what data they put out, the connection of these numbers in relation to the amount of increase in CO2, is merely coincidental.

I firmly believe, first and foremost, God is in control and He and He alone allows the temperature of the earth to be what it is. Any affect that mankind has on the earths climate is too minuscule to even measure.
I think that we should be good stewards of the land and treat all of nature with respect.
I personally do not think you are going to stop the use of fossil fuels anytime soon. This whole "green" initiative is window dressing. The oil barons have too much oil and too much money is involved.
Wind and Solar technology is too far from being efficient enough to apply for civilian use in this over taxed, underpaid, deep in debt society.
If wind or solar was economical, I would be the first to run my house and vehicle on it.......but..........it ain't.

When I see cars that get 100 plus mpg, electric cars that can cost less to run than a gas or diesel vehicle, then I will believe that two of the biggest corporate money makers... auto and oil industries........ are concerned about the environment and "climate change".

The governments are too dependent on tax money from oil based industries yet they are caught in the whirlpool of media hype about the climate change to dismiss it. They have their hands in the pockets of both industrial giants and are smiling to the bank in both cases.

Not until I am well into my 60's will this whole climate change money making scam come to show it's true colors. By then, the media, government and puppet scientists will be off to some new panic, while the people who vote, with their lack of short or long term memory, will be on forums arguing about then next big world changing catastrophe.

The entire climate alarmist phenomenon is built on computer models

You have it backwards. Models are built to learn, not to support conclusions. And as you know, the models turned out to underestimate the amount of warming that actually resulted from increased carbon dioxide.

The fact that the models predicted warming so well, erring on the conservative side, tends to increase confidence in them.

I still think that the vast massive size of the Oceans of this world, the Pacific alone is 1/3 the earths surface, and the volume of water that they hold, will out weigh by infinite measure, the affect on the climate of the earth by a gas that makes up 0.040% or our atmosphere.

To a large degree, the oceans are a heat sink that protects us. Most of the additional thermal energy from carbon dioxide ends up in the oceans. Water has a very high specific heat (which is why it takes so long to boil water) but it's not infinite. The temperature of the oceans is rising:

Data12.png

http://weather.mailasail.com/w/uploads/Franks-Weather/Data12.png

In my opinion, no matter what data they put out, the connection of these numbers in relation to the amount of increase in CO2, is merely coincidental.

That belief is no longer tenable with the current data.

I firmly believe, first and foremost, God is in control and He and He alone allows the temperature of the earth to be what it is.

Nothing prevents Him from allowing us to make a mess of it.

I personally do not think you are going to stop the use of fossil fuels anytime soon.

Can't happen. We are now reducing fossil fuel usage. And it's saving some money. States with a lot of wind farms are seeing utility bills drop. And fuel efficient cars and buildings save money and reduce carbon in the atmosphere. It can't happen suddenly, but it is happening, and it will reduce the damage eventually.

Wind and Solar technology is too far from being efficient enough to apply for civilian use in this over taxed, underpaid, deep in debt society.

Iowans would disagree. Wind provides a very large percentage of electrical power in Iowa, and electric rates have accordingly fallen.

There not going to convience me when the graph data analilized and collected is over a few hundred years. It dont prove much if the earth is supposibly thousands, millions or billions of years old whatever one believes.

So over the last century the temperature is warming, so what, the earth is billions of years old. Varience.

I want to see a graph from the beginning of mankind so can see its varience and the natural process.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back