Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] So how's the climate going?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
All well and good but there is no need for that change.......yet. When it is needed technology will have caught up and fossil fuels will be replaced by more efficient sources...........not now, not for false flag purposes and reasons, not on my wallet.

That's like the man who fell off a building, and passing the 20th floor yelled, "nothing to worry about ...... yet."

The time to do something isn't when it's doing major damage. To some degree, it's too late to avoid that, but we can lessen the effect if we do things now.

That's like the man who fell off a building, and passing the 20th floor yelled, "nothing to worry about ...... yet."

The time to do something isn't when it's doing major damage. To some degree, it's too late to avoid that, but we can lessen the effect if we do things now.
I'm sure to save money ,free power and science shall be free . no greed , no need to worry about power bills.

Sacrifices as you said

A $20,000 car would not have helped out in 1901. Nobody but a few could afford it. Same thing now. I cannot afford the only electric car worth even a sniff of a thought... the Tesla.. which sells for about $100.000.00 in Canada.

Also, this car will still need something to produce electricity be it coal, natural gas, reactors, hydro dams, whatever... so, not so clean really.

As for the guy falling, what if they built an air bag to stop him..... technology will catch up to the necessity of our society. Do you not think that after 116 years of automobile production, that they can make an internal combustion engine that gets more than 30 mpg....really?

My car is a 2010 and a little puddle jumper.... gets 40 mpg.... manual transmission however. My 1985 Honda civic got the exact same, manual shift..... Don't believe all the manufacturer gas consumption crap..... good luck achieving what they say.

They have the technology already. Fat chance that they are going to sell you a 1/2 ton truck that gets 100 mpg....... can you imagine... their controllers, the oil companies would have a freak out.

Nor is ethanol green,you expect solar or hydro electric to be able to power a nation,or wind farm .I'm sorry we aren't there yet.

Law of supply and demand you say? so how is the government forcing that to work in power?

I'm sure if we cut all high transmission lines to wa and IA Dem power bills will go sky high.i bet fossil fuel kept costs low as demand increases were met by them.my avatar powered towns out of florida .

It's just less dirty than other forms. So a big improvement.
Still not acceptable to them.

Imagine ,is there a way man can stop.population growth ,somehow yet without stagnation in culture and ideas,and not have any environmental impact that doesn't cause extinction .

The Colorado River and the hoover damn ,great example of how un green that is and I bet it changed the states down stream after that

My state did have cypress forests .huge trees and also was leading in terpentine and tar production . gone now . it's ilegal to build a home out of such durable and strong wood . most 100 plus year old homes have taken the storms

I'm sure if we cut all high transmission lines to wa and IA Dem power bills will go sky high.

Washington exports electrical energy to other states. So no. And Iowa uses fossil fuels aside from wind. Wind just lowers the average cost of a kilowatt.

i bet fossil fuel kept costs low as demand increases were met by them

About 31% of electrical power in the state is by wind.

Imagine ,is there a way man can stop.population growth ,somehow yet without stagnation in culture and ideas,and not have any environmental impact that doesn't cause extinction .

The Colorado River and the hoover damn ,great example of how un green that is and I bet it changed the states down stream after that

Last edited:
Source? I don't know of dispatchers up there ,and I bet of all those or any windfall or solar farm have a fossil fuel back up.

Fpl uses a solar farm it can Not handle any heavy demands and is mixed with a coal ,cng gas.

Link please and from a utility.not a pro.green tech

Source? I don't know of dispatchers up there ,and I bet of all those or any windfall or solar farm have a fossil fuel back up.

Making up 31.27% of the state's generated electricity, Iowa is a leading U.S. state in wind power generation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Iowa#cite_note-EIA_Dec12-1

There always has to be a back-up for solar or wind, unless there's a way to store the energy. But merely reducing fossil fuel use will be sufficient to slow and eventually end warming.

Making up 31.27% of the state's generated electricity, Iowa is a leading U.S. state in wind power generation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Iowa#cite_note-EIA_Dec12-1

There always has to be a back-up for solar or wind, unless there's a way to store the energy. But merely reducing fossil fuel use will be sufficient to slow and eventually end warming.
End warming ? so if wa and Iowa go from gas,fuel and oil heating and stoves,water heating somehow wind aND solar will take that slack.news flash a winter black out occured in 87 and it was from Canada to the keys .a diesel turbine is what saved the eastern sea board.

It was common to have power failures in my state in cold snaps.still goes on.

End warming ? so if wa and Iowa go from gas,fuel and oil heating and stoves,water heating somehow wind aND solar will take that slack.

In the forseeable future, we'll be doing fossil fuels regardless. The point is to reduce the amount, not put an end to it.

Florida apparently has a lot of electrically heated houses. So that does have a bad effect if the state goes cold.

In the forseeable future, we'll be doing fossil fuels regardless. The point is to reduce the amount, not put an end to it.

Florida apparently has a lot of electrically heated houses. So that does have a bad effect if the state goes cold.
So there won't be push of going away from wood heated homes or fossil means?

A change is gonna come. It's been a long time, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will.

The Democrats’ panic over climate questions speaks volumes -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...stions-speaks-volumes/?utm_term=.f19b02ae469e

"...during the Obama years, work on climate change issues all started from a mandated conclusion: That manmade global warming was settled science and that it was bad and getting worse. Researchers quickly determined where the money was, and they knew the more alarming the study or findings from a working group, the better. All the hiding and panic speaks to a government that is out of control."

A change is gonna come. It's been a long time, a long time coming. But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will.

The Democrats’ panic over climate questions speaks volumes -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...stions-speaks-volumes/?utm_term=.f19b02ae469e

"...during the Obama years, work on climate change issues all started from a mandated conclusion: That manmade global warming was settled science and that it was bad and getting worse. Researchers quickly determined where the money was, and they knew the more alarming the study or findings from a working group, the better. All the hiding and panic speaks to a government that is out of control."
Is he going to punish them? arrest them? Fire them.if it's a layoff.okay then hiding your work is just the right reason.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back