Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] So how's the climate going?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

2016 is the year where abnormal has become the norm when it comes to the global temperature.

New data from NASA shows that yet again, the planet had a record-warm month. September set a record with temperatures 1.6°F (0.91°C) above normal, besting the previous mark set in September 2014. It’s the latest in a run of months — and years — where freakish global warmth has become the norm.
http://www.climatecentral.org/news/september-hottest-month-climate-change-20791

I've been telling people that the rising temperatures will make for a less comfortable and stable world than we've become accustomed to seeing, but not catastrophic for most Americans.

Now, I'm starting to wonder. This is worse than predicted, and no one really knows what it will lead to. We're experimenting with things that involve our food, our income, our health and our safety. And we don't really know what the hazards are.

And then we have this idiot weighing in:
uDFmIDPzCo4znxgzKlT0_jgv4CqHkarUrQ005ED_HbclD4Ex32hmOHsAn95kbFc_WZMiOQ1BMlRj4Fu-vDLyOgnT3syuxfWFY8KxoEWpqd9gxcPzZnQUM8q76jkJzs7IQUNr_cUt

Now, I'm starting to wonder. This is worse than predicted, and no one really knows what it will lead to. We're experimenting with things that involve our food, our income, our health and our safety. And we don't really know what the hazards are.
Well Barb, it occurred in the past when men were one, and we’re coming to be of one mind again and man will not be restrained

Gen 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Gen 6:4 There were giants (Not always in size, but doing things to supplant God?) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

What were some of those things? Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. (Have we become so mingled again there will be the need of God to again stop us?)

The concept of global warming was created by and for the Nephilim to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive. If you agree, then feel free to write me in on November 8th.

God planned for the Chinese to fake global warming to hurt U.S. exports?
God gave us a quota of carbon He wants to go into the atmosphere?
Cute. :) I will add that God's ways are not always our ways or the way we would like it.
Do you think that Israel may have wondered at having God put Pharaoh over them as being for good? What of taking away their straw in making brick and affording them to seek their own in Exo 5:7? Did God indeed orchestrate this for His purposes?
Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
:wave2

God gave us a quota of carbon He wants to go into the atmosphere?
I didn't address this as I wanted to and with my old non-scientific knowledge of anything and now attempt to lay this on you.

If I understand it correctly, and probably not, higher carbon in the atmosphere produces elevated temperatures, that promotes rain sometimes referred to as acid rain, and though that more acidic carbon is inserted back into the soil encouraging plant growth, and the cycle repeats itself.

Now you ask if God gave us a supply of carbon to go into the atmosphere, and I’m sure He did, but I ask if putting something into action created or lessens that given amount or merely affected its purpose, and how it is replenished.

That is, in Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. (At that time was there not enough heat producing carbon yet in the atmosphere to produce rain?)

Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. :shrug

I guess it's a lot easier blaming God than being good stewards.
I"m a good steward of the earth but I don't believe in the AGW hype. And I know that there is nothing we can do that will thwart God's plan and that includes how the earth's climate changes. God is fully in control. That said, yes, we ought to be good stewards of the earth that God has given us.

I"m a good steward of the earth but I don't believe in the AGW hype.

Comes down to evidence. And the evidence is showing that the climatologists were a bit conservative about it. It's moving faster than earlier predicted.

And no, if you have a deplorable house, it isn't God's fault.

Comes down to evidence. And the evidence is showing that the climatologists were a bit conservative about it. It's moving faster than earlier predicted.

And no, if you have a deplorable house, it isn't God's fault.
It comes down to how you obtained that evidence and how you interpret it.

So let's ban anything that is not natural made revert back to say 2000 years ago.my statement about green tech rendering water undrinkable isn't far off.ethanol is green and fertlizer usage by it causes red tide,brown tide .my state has that problem.

Why not just be responsible in what we do? Businesses that make a mess should be required to clean it up. What's unreasonable about that?
[

Back