Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Someone help

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bellusro

A year or so ago I stopped hearing from God,it was silent
I read the Bible daily (I didn't go to church though), I cried,begged for help,and prayed
But I was met with silence,unending silence,Which has continued to this day,
Why doesn't God talk to me?
Its gotten to the point I'm only a Christian due to fear of incorrectness

I read the Bible daily (I didn't go to church though), I cried,begged for help,and prayed
Was He talking to you before ?
Be a Christian due to love.

Welcome to the site.

Hey All,
Bellusro, God also listens. Talk to Him. Read His Word.
I believe God's Word, the Bible. I don't necessarily believe random voices. We know the Bible is God's word.

2 Peter 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

2 Corinthians 5:7
(For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

If in your reading the Bible and a thought is triggered, follow the thought. Is the thought biblical?
For example you are reading Acts:

Acts 20:35
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

And a thought comes to mind as you are reading: Your mom needs help." That's a strange thought. You go out to the kitchen and there's mom overwhelmed. She trying to cook dinner, your baby sister is crying, the phone is ringing, your brother is asking for homework help. You get the idea. What a blessing you would be to her when you come in and help. It would also be a witness without saying a word.

Faith means going about your life in a manner pleasing to God even though you cannot hear Him. Helping others is always pleasing to God. Don't sit around waiting to hear what you have already been told through His Word. Stand up and do the Word of God.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

God speaks to us in various ways, and not attending g church is limiting how God speaks to you.
For a start, return to regular church worship and service of God.
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Teaches us to attend church for what we can give, not what we receive.

Change how you worship God.

Hi Bellusro and welcome to CF :wave2

Church needs to be a place where we are taught the word of God by those Pastors who have been called and anointed by the Holy Spirit, but we do not see this so much in many churches today. I'm not putting down all churches, but it should be that when you walk through the door you can fill the presence of the Holy Spirit.

If God has become silent to you after hearing Him many times before then examine your walk with Him. Do you lack any disobedience to His commands, are you walking in pure love for others, which includes your enemies you might have? Sometimes we are not so pleasing to Him as we lack in some areas at times as we fall to the flesh.

God doesn't always talk to us verbally as He speaks to us through His written word.

You said: "Its gotten to the point I'm only a Christian due to fear of incorrectness" can you explain what this means? We are never to walk in fear if we are Spiritually born again and indwelled with the Holy Spirit who teaches us all truths, John 3:5-7; John 14:26.

Rom 8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Rom 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Hebrews 13:5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

It helps, as well I know, if you would find a quiet place where no one will disturb you and begin to pour out your heart and concerns before God, but after you are done then sit in silence long enough to hear God speak to your heart. Not saying it will be verbally, but you will know God is speaking to you and filling you with the greatest love you will ever know.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psa 46:11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

You are in my prayers :pray

Start reading the Gospel of John.

Have you gone blind? 'Cause God has always got something to say to you on every page of your Bible. All you have to do is open your Bible and start reading.

You realize, I hope, that every Christian is commanded by God in His word to connect themselves to a local community of Christ-followers. If there is nothing really significant stopping you from doing so, it is disobedient to God - sin - to willfully neglect this command.

Hebrews 10:24-25
24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
25 not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near.

Ephesians 4:15-16
15 but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ,
16 from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

1 Corinthians 12:12-18
12 For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot says, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
16 And if the ear says, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?
18 But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired.

Neglecting the Body of Believers, withholding your spiritual gift from it, not only damages the Body but, in being sinful, this neglect halts your fellowship with God. (Isaiah 59:2; Psalms 66:18; 1 Peter 3:10-12)

Anyway, God is never silent if you have His word to study.

Hi Bellusro
That may well be your answer right there. It would seem obvious then, that you didn't believe the Scriptures because they are true. Maybe that's why God isn't talking to you any longer.

Friend, once you've met Jesus, you're never going to be a 'christian' just because you're afraid of being wrong. You've seen the king of glory and yet you're in a place where you now claim that you're just a christian now because you're afraid of being wrong. OOOOkay.

Further, I would also find it odd that someone who has talked with God, now is questioning their faith because He isn't talking to you any longer. What, do you think God died? Maybe He's told you all that He thinks you need to know.

God bless,
Ted

Hi Bellusro

My apologies for speaking in the way I did. I didn't realize that you're only 14. Sure, you're at an age where such questions are perfectly acceptable. And when you say you've prayed a lot... well, maybe for 3-5 years or so. But as you mature in your faith, I think you'll find that God doesn't generally talk to us with a voice, so much as He talks to us through His word. His testimony that He has given us that we may know Him and His desires for us. God is still there. You can rest your heart on that.

If you are alive, you can know that God is still exactly who and where He's always been.

God bless,
Ted

Do you love Jesus? That is cliche, but maybe that is the disconnect. I feel closer to God the more I love Jesus and every word he spoke. Have you ever been so interested in someone that you can't get enough of their presence and their speaking (even if it's boring)....that is my feeling towards him. p.s. not saying Jesus is boring, he is the opposite of that, but even if someone where to think his words boring....they are exhilarating!

Friend. God doesn't go around talking to Christian people. I'm regular used hand by Jesus. The holy spirit guideas us. Jesus does hear our prayers and repentance.
1 Corinthians chapter 2
John chapter 14
The holy spirit.

I had aunt who was on medication. And it was difficult to be around her. Medication can effect individuals in different ways . I'm not saying this is the case.

Psalm chapter 73 . Leaving the sanctuary is big No, No.
Not repenting
Getting involved in traditions of men and false doctrine.
Evaluate your self.

I've been a Christian for 35 or so years. I have never heard God talk to me. Sounds like you are being too self-centered. God must talk to you! You are to live in faith, not from hearing God speak to you.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Trust and obey, there is no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

The Church is Christ's body, His bride.

Eph 4:11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,
I do not see the word "Church" in there at all. The only "Church" or "Temple" God ever built upon this earth was the physical human body. What these so called religious organizations claim is just nonsense; why should anyone have to pay a so called teacher to learn of, our worship Our Father.

"Our body is a Temple unto our Lord"

Back