Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Something Big is about to happen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This could be/is big..

If the U.S. Supreme Court this June finds that our Constitution contains approval for same-sex marriage, there will be only one major institution left to speak for the truth —the Bible-believing church. And the full wrath of the homoactivists will be focused upon us.

Now, the only pocket of resistance left to them is the Bible believers. Homosexual New York Times columnist, Frank Bruni, is one who is issuing the call against us: “Christian churches must be made to ‘take homosexuality off the sin list.’” He advances the standard line that “science and knowledge,” has obsoleted the “…scattered passages of ancient texts” that support the view of “gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners.”

Get this "science and knowledge" has obsoleted ancient texts..

http://www.chick.com/bc/2015/activists.asp

tob

How long did you think God would quietly allow us to behave like sex crazed wild animals? He wiped out an entire civilization for the disgusting crime of sacrificing their babies to Moloch by putting them in the fire. These were only certain babies, conceived during a "festival" that happened once a year.
We are currently aborting thousands of unborn infants every day, to the god of "personal choice". How long did you think He will allow that to continue?
God ordained marriage, saying "What God has joined together, let no man put asunder"...and yet, more than half of our marriages end in divorce, leaving the children to be raised by a "single parent"....usually the mother...who must struggle to make ends meet.
Meanwhile, both spouses go on to take other "lovers"...
We have glorified sex, teaching our young people that it is good and right to indulge, and that "abstinence" is "unnatural" and harmful to their growing bodies.
We have taken God out of the public eye, lest He "offend" someone...
And we have taken discipline away from our children, lest we bruise their little psyches...
And then we are surprised to find our streets overrun with godless, undisciplined young thugs.
Homosexuality, something God clearly said is an "abomination", once kept carefully in the shadows, has "come out", demanding to be recognized as "normal" and given "equal rights"...and even some of our churches have become "gay friendly"...
All of this, and so much more. Did you think God didn't notice?
Of course, "something is going to happen". It's only a question of "when".

Yeah, and they all fell, too. But Rome will revive only for punishment and the coming Tribulation. Then it will fall again.
I don't see rome in that way. I see that as Jerusalem. ancient Jerusalem had MORE wealth in Her then rome. tacticitus said that Jerusalem was the richest city in the empire. not Rome. why that is does fit what is said about the whore of Babylon. besides what culture will mourn with ashes when rome falls?

True. Very true.
And where are they now?
they weren't the only nations that did that. the eastern roman empire lasted until when? a 1917, was that a Christian empire. no it was a muslim one after it was a Christian empire. ever heard of the ottoman. my point is that somewhere in the world there was some nation doing that , besides Sodom was judged also for failing to take care of the poor as well. not just the sex acts. in America up to the late 1800's it was legal for prostitution in a lot more states then just Nevada. I can find a ww2 era photo and discussion about a shanty town across from a post I often go to for training where they had women for sale as moral boosters.

until recently it was lawful for soldiers in country where that was legal and state to buy said services. surely god could return as you say but he may not. the world has NEVER been a light. Jesus said it was dark, it hasn't changed. I can post the stories of Christian England and Christian spain fighting over colonies and sir walter raliegh being the terror to the people of st agustine and burning that city to the ground and killing children in the process. we cant just focus on gays and sex with this stuff. the bible says that all manner of evil was in mens heart prior to the flood.

If the U.S. Supreme Court this June finds that our Constitution contains approval for same-sex marriage,
Just thinking by the Constitution, I don't see how they can rule any other way. Even if marriage is looked at from a purely religious view, that would be siding with one religious view over another. Our Constitution, thank goodness, doesn't allow for that. Down the road what it the powers that be, decided that the Lord's Supper teaches cannibalism and want it stopped. It's not the SCOTUS authority to decide religious practices, unless there is an actual crime involved and they've, imo...already made mistakes about that,
ie..abortion.
: “Christian churches must be made to ‘take homosexuality off the sin list.’”
:hysterical As if man made the 'sin list'.
I can find a ww2 era photo and discussion about a shanty town across from a post I often go to for training where they had women for sale as moral boosters.
About every mining town in the west had them. I've seen them. lol. not the women the bordello's, now empty buildings.

Last edited:
True.yet why is it we assume that this is so new? Could it be vote republican and America will be saved being pushed by someone idk.but Obama while how bad his policies are and the sins of many are a concern.if we forget the cross and it's light.the view becomes gloomy.there is still good things happening.what if we could post and see souls won daily as God knows.I bet the picture wouldn't be as dark.

... they want to put a big gas pipeline 300' from my house. I will force them to use eminent domain, but the point is that the constitution is being trampled on...
If the U.S. Supreme Court this June finds that our Constitution contains approval for same-sex marriage,...
Just thinking by the Constitution,...Our Constitution, thank goodness, doesn't allow for that....
You hear the phrase, "The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land." That's not what the Word of God says, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). Did the Constitution create the heaven and the earth? So how could it be the law of the land? Only He who creates, God, is the Law of the land. "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" (Colossians 1:17). Christ is before the Constitution, and by Jesus, not the Constitution, all things consist.

John 1:3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Colossians 1:16, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"

All things were created by Him and for Him, not "by the people, and for the people" (Democracy); not for our enjoyment, not for our wants. We were created for God.

The sole purpose of constitutions is to free human beings from God's Law in order to chain them to the morality of the State dictated in its codes, rules, regulations, ordinances, statutes, public policies, executive orders, laws, etc. All constitutions were created by the fallen reason of the natural man, and are molded by the "reasonable interpretation" of human beings wearing black robes. Private rights are always weighed against the greater public good and are regulated by the "police power".

Those who thus rely upon the words of any constitution for support are leaning upon a broken reed; and their sense of security is a false one. The Constitution does not protect persons or property against unjust invasion, or prevent government control and regulation of business. After all, this depends on the interpretations and applications of the courts. Constitutional law is the morality of fascism and comes from the vain imaginations of men. It is a code, rule, or regulation for the dead thing it brings into being. Corporations are dead, at law. The United States is a Federal corporation. Thus, the United States is a dead thing.

“We are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is.” Charles Evans Hughes, Supreme Court Justice, in Dictionary of American Maxims (1955), p. 88.

Last edited:

You hear the phrase, "The Constitution is the Supreme Law of the land." That's not what the Word of God says, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Genesis 1:1). Did the Constitution create the heaven and the earth? So how could it be the law of the land? Only He who creates, God, is the Law of the land. "And he is before all things, and by him all things consist" (Colossians 1:17). Christ is before the Constitution, and by Jesus, not the Constitution, all things consist.

John 1:3, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."

Colossians 1:16, "For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"

All things were created by Him and for Him, not "by the people, and for the people" (Democracy); not for our enjoyment, not for our wants. We were created for God.

The sole purpose of constitutions is to free human beings from God's Law in order to chain them to the morality of the State dictated in its codes, rules, regulations, ordinances, statutes, public policies, executive orders, laws, etc. All constitutions were created by the fallen reason of the natural man, and are molded by the "reasonable interpretation" of human beings wearing black robes. Private rights are always weighed against the greater public good and are regulated by the "police power".

Those who thus rely upon the words of any constitution for support are leaning upon a broken reed; and their sense of security is a false one. The Constitution does not protect persons or property against unjust invasion, or prevent government control and regulation of business. After all, this depends on the interpretations and applications of the courts. Constitutional law is the morality of fascism and comes from the vain imaginations of men. It is a code, rule, or regulation for the dead thing it brings into being. Corporations are dead, at law. The United States is a Federal corporation. Thus, the United States is a dead thing.

“We are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is.” Charles Evans Hughes, Supreme Court Justice, in Dictionary of American Maxims (1955), p. 88.

Somehow I sense you don't have a firm grasp of the spirit of the US constitution (since you quoted my post about the pipeline)

Interpreted rightly, does the US constitution allow them to railroad thru my land under the concept of eminent domain or not?
Secondly, what does the bible teach about land ownership and eminent domain? Which gives more protection if followed, the constitution or the bible in preventing this from happening?

Somehow I sense you don't have a firm grasp of the spirit of the US constitution (since you quoted my post about the pipeline)
The "spirit of the US constitution" is not .God's spirit... The constitution does not even contain the word "God" (or "Jesus" or "Christ").

Scripture tells us to test people, to see if they are of God or not.

1 John 4:1, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

This only makes sense, when one is sincerely interested in associating with godly people, while avoiding the contamination and influence of ungodly men.

The key, however, to the rejection of the rule of God was Article VI, Clause 3, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several state Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

The Constitution was a rebellion against Christ and his authority over the nation, replacing it with the rule of man. The Bible warns us, "Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" (Isaiah 2:22).
Interpreted rightly...
Uh oh, recall my previous post, where I posted the doc that proves it's the judges themselves who "interpret rightly" (or wrongly) the constitution...
...does the US constitution allow them to railroad thru my land under the concept of eminent domain or not?
Two points:

1) It's not "your" land:

...The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof (Pa. 24:1);

...the earth also is [the LORD's]: as for the world and the fulness thereof, [the LORD] hast founded them. (Psa. 89:11);

For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. (1 Cor. 10:26);

...the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: (1 Cor. 10:28).

2) All the gold and all the silver is mine, says the Lord. The earth and the fullness thereof is mine, says the Lord. That means WE OWN NOTHING. (BTW, "owner" is a legal/commercial term i.e. Caesar's jurisdiction). You spend 15-30 of the best years of your life, living in bondage, paying off a mort-gage (i.e. "death pledge"). You finally get the deed to "your" house/land, only to find you are not listed as "owner" on the deed, but rather as mere TENANT. Try missing one property tax ("rates") payment, and you will find out rather quickly who actually claims ownership of it. THEY LIED TO YOU. So the "land ownership/possession" issue will work itself out in God's plan and God's timing. He will provide for his. (There's a lesson here that will preach; it's about not trusting in your possessions.)

The legal basis for today’s strategic trashing of the constitution was built into the contract from the beginning. But, as with the constitution, very few have actually read the subsequent Patriot Act I and Patriot Act II -- or, for that matter, any of the Executive Orders.

The banker-hijacked government has legally eviscerated the constitution through tyrannical legislative acts such as:

The Military Commissions Act
https://www.aclu.org/military-commi...tional-security/military-commissions-act-2006

The Patriot Acts I and II
http://100777.com/node/1090

The John Warner Defense Act
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/109/hr5122

The NDAA
https://www.aclu.org/issues/national-security?redirect=blog/tag/ndaa

Quantitative Easing I, II, and III
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...titative-easing-and-will-it-help-the-economy/

...and to infinity. These events explain why a mass incarceration/genocide is a potential event in the future of America. Why? Simply, we are on the precipice of World War III and we are a false flag event away from total martial law and the above legislative acts and executive orders stand in evidence of this position.

The NDAA
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...titative-easing-and-will-it-help-the-economy/

The NDAA should scare the life out of every USA Inc. citizen. This allows the government the authority to secretly arrest U. S. citizens, without due process, torture and even murder U. S. citizens without so much as a trial.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness (Executive Order 13603)
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

This allows the president, without going through the U.S. Congress, the ability to seize control of all corporate assets, manufacturing operations, and conscript American civilians into work brigades (i.e. slave labor), seize all food, impose restrictions and rations on all vital resources and to hand these resources to the Department of Homeland Security. Section 201 of this Executive Order allows the president to seize control of all corporate infrastructure, manufacturing operations, control of food, control of farm equipment, control of fuel, control electricity, control of water resources, and control of all civilian transportation.
Secondly, what does the bible teach about land ownership and eminent domain? Which gives more protection if followed, the constitution or the bible in preventing this from happening?
...of course, the Holy Bible. God's word even provided for a wiping clean of the creditor/debtor slate with the 50-year jubile. "Can't have that!", the bankers cried.

Leviticus 25:23, "The land shall not be sold for ever: for the land is mine; for ye are strangers and sojourners with me."

Leviticus 25:34, "But the field of the suburbs of their cities may not be sold; for it is their perpetual possession."

Last edited:
P. S. Further to your mention of "eminent domain":

We have been taught that we must obey even ungodly governments, and to help them by paying taxes, but scripture says, "...Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD" (2 Chronicles 19:2).

The scripture says it is evil in the sight of the Lord for governments to tax the land (2 Kings 23:35-37). The earth does not belong to the government, this earth belongs to God (Exodus 19:5, Psalm 24:1, Isaiah 44:24, 2 Corinthians 5:18). Land tax is claiming ownership over God’s earth. It is literally a dethronement of God and an enthronement of the State. The State is claiming to be god by claiming control and ownership of land. The State is literally trying to be god walking the earth. God has never given his earth to the government to tax, pollute, or destroy (1 Kings 21:1-16).

The State's claim of "eminent domain" is in direct conflict with the Word of God:

Ezekiel 46:18, "Moreover the prince [government] shall not take of the people's inheritance by oppression, to thrust them out of their possession; but he shall give his sons inheritance out of his own possession: that my people be not scattered every man from his possession."

Well sojourner, I'll make my points simple so as not to have to write so much, but thanks anyway.

The bible is better protection of land rights. You hit it regarding jubilee. There's also scripture stating about not removing landmarks, so the bible does not allow for eminent domain.

Grant it, the Constitution is not on par with the bible, but likewise it only allows for eminent domain for public use, and in the context of government. Not corrupted like some do today to chase out people with run-down houses and build a mall there for the good of the public using a private enterprise because they have $$$. That's clearly twisting it.

Romans 13 clearly says that God established all governments, and we are to obey it. In our case, the supreme law of the land is the constitution, and to twist it is to disobey God, and not some 'rebels' who fight the corruption. The USA I believe was prophesied in scripture, and therefore is a valid constitution.

As for land ownership, surely the Lord owns all the earth, but he has us care for it as stewards, and ultimately we will inherit it, too. I think the bible makes it quite clear that certain land area belonged to certain tribes and families within the tribes. So even if one wants to make the argument that they still don't "own" the land, they are given the sole responsibility, so anyone else muscling in is being disobedient to God, that is, unless the Lord commands the inhabitants be conquered and dispossessed as was the case in the land of Canaan.

The world has always done that rome.assyria.babylon.egypt,etc
True. Very true.
And where are they now?

Exactly! So now are we to believe Christianity will fail or prevail? Despite all the fretting about how this now 2000yr war might seem to be going at the moment to us in the trenches, I firmly believe Christ through His Body of believers will conquer the earth more perfectly than God and the Israelites took the promised land.

The key, however, to the rejection of the rule of God was Article VI, Clause 3, "The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several state Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."
If you will remember, in the colonies, there were Christian denominations that used their power to disallow people of other Christian denominations to hold public offices. This statement was directed at that problem. Someone could not be disqualified because they were Roman Catholic or Baptist, etc.
We have been taught that we must obey even ungodly governments, and to help them by paying taxes, but scripture says, "...Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD" (2 Chronicles 19:2).
Jesus Himself told the disciples to pay the city tax and provided the means to do it.
As for land ownership, surely the Lord owns all the earth, but he has us care for it as stewards, and ultimately we will inherit it, too. I think the bible makes it quite clear that certain land area belonged to certain tribes and families within the tribes.
That was my thought too. When the two sisters appealed to Moses that they should be allowed to inherit their father's land, Moses agreed, as long as they married someone in their tribe. This was so the land ownership would stay within the tribe.

Can you please quote the verse (and surrounding context) to support this comment?
Mat 17:24 And they having come to Capernaum, those receiving the didrachms came near to Peter, and said, `Your teacher--doth he not pay the didrachms?' He saith, `Yes.'
The didrachms was a Jerusalem temple tax, paid yearly by every Jewish male, no matter where he lived.

Mat 17:25 And when he came into the house, Jesus anticipated him, saying, `What thinkest thou, Simon? the kings of the earth--from whom do they receive custom or poll-tax? from their sons or from the strangers?'
Mat 17:26 Peter saith to him, `From the strangers.' Jesus said to him, `Then are the sons free;
Mat 17:27 but, that we may not cause them to stumble, having gone to the sea, cast a hook, and the fish that hath come up first take thou up, and having opened its mouth, thou shalt find a stater, that having taken, give to them for me and thee.

Jesus was saying He and Peter were strangers when it came to this unlawful tax, however they should pay the tax, so as not to cause the Jewish tax collector, to stumble. Jesus and Peter, being Jewish men would be seen as law breakers if they didn't pay it.

Jesus was saying He and Peter were strangers when it came to this unlawful tax, however they should pay the tax, so as not to cause the Jewish tax collector, to stumble. Jesus and Peter, being Jewish men would be seen as law breakers if they didn't pay it.

Hi Deborah. Thanks for clarifying your understanding of the context.

The thing about following the "laws of the land" so as not to cause others to stumble could be reasonable depending on the context, like stopping at traffic signs, disposing of litter in a bin, or general safety but Jesus wasn't afraid of ( or at least being accused of) being an outlaw. The religious leaders regularly tried to arrest him for various offenses. It doesn't make sense that he'd advocate loyalty to Caesar to avoid breaking a worldly law or for a care of what people may think of him. The context here goes a bit deeper.

Jesus said "the children are free" meaning (as you've suggested) that Christians are free from loyalties to worldly governments. Besides, Jesus and his followers had already devoted all of their time to improving the world around them. What was meant to be done through mandatory contribution (i.e. taxes) they were already doing as volunteers. In other words, even though Jesus had said they are free (from paying tax), they still did more for the good of the world around them than what most of the tax payers around them were doing, simply because the tax payers were being forced to contribute (through a law) whereas Jesus and co were contributing as a service to God and their fellow man.

As an alternative interpretation, I'd like to suggest that Peter lied to the tax collectors about Jesus paying the tax because he was frightened of what they'd do if he told them the truth. This is consistent with the context of Jesus stopping him at the door to question him about paying tax and it's consistent with the "offence" Jesus mentioned. If they didn't give something, then Peter would have been caught in a lie, so to avoid that offence Jesus made provision for Peter to follow through on what he'd told the tax collectors.

Otherwise it makes no sense for Jesus to stop Peter, question him, tell him they don't owe the worldly system anything, and then perform a miracle to cover for what Peter had told the collectors if they already had a habit of paying taxes.

It doesn't make sense that he'd advocate loyalty to Caesar to avoid breaking a worldly law or for a care of what people may think of him.
OK, I quoted the wrong scripture to you. I apologize. When I read my quote, I didn't look back to why I had posted it, and picked the wrong scripture. I quoted the incident in Matt 17, rather than Matt 22!! They are two totally different taxes/tributes.
However, because of that I learned something new. The tax in Matt. 17, is in the Law of Moses, Ex. 30:13, 38:26, That is an eye opener to me. That is a clear statement from Jesus, that the children are free from the Law and so was He. But He said pay it, so as not to cause them, the Jews, to stumble.
Sorry I confused you. :oops2
Matt. 22, was between Jesus and the Pharisees.
Mat 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.
Mat 22:17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?
Mat 22:18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
Mat 22:19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.
Mat 22:20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?
Mat 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back