Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Something funny happened in church today.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Leah781

Today in church I was sitting next to two little girls and their mother. The husband who usually comes to church with them was absent today. The little girl sitting next to me says " Daddy is not here today because he had surgery" I asked her if he was okay. She said " Daddy is ok he had surgery because we aren't going to have anymore babies." I had to hold back from laughing. Her mother was a bit red in the face.
Out of the mouth of babes,you never know what they are going to say. Leave it to a little kid to announce that her father just had a vasectomy!

This is rather how a conversation went....
When my daughter was 4 she asked if we were going to have anymore babies. I told her no we can't have anymore babies. Why not? Because Daddy had an operation so he can't make anymore babies.
She thought about that a minute and said, oh, Daddy is gelded.

See, my parents would have never told me what the surgery was. And, in fact, my boys would have been 11 and 12 when I had mine done - and not a word was spoken to them about it.

Of course, my oldest, even at 11, was not the kid to tell much to - he was too much the joker.
Odd, since my youngest would be the one to ask questions and be curious.

The boys had such different personalities. Still do.

I don't know. How funny would it have been if mommy were absent and the child said she had surgery and we won't be having babies anymore?

Anybody who has had a vasectomy knows you don't eat the frozen bags of vegetables from the freezer for about a week after the procedure. For two reasons: 1) They're being used for another purpose, and 2) because they're being used for another purpose. :lol

Anybody who has had a vasectomy knows you don't eat the frozen bags of vegetables from the freezer for about a week after the procedure. For two reasons: 1) They're being used for another purpose, and 2) because they're being used for another purpose. :lol
Yes, I remember my husband using a bag of frozen peas. My son was 3 years old and the only thing we said is don't jump on daddy's lap, he's not feeling well and you will hurt him.

Odd, I HATED The procedure, it didnt' hurt but the uncomfortable feeling of the pulling and tugging made me uncomfortable.

However, I had no pain at all after. Lucky, I guess - since I am a "pain sissy".

Odd, I HATED The procedure, it didnt' hurt but the uncomfortable feeling of the pulling and tugging made me uncomfortable.

However, I had no pain at all after. Lucky, I guess - since I am a "pain sissy".
All I remember was counting backwards from 10, getting to about 7, I think, and then waking up five minutes later passing gas in the recovery area. The five minutes I thought had passed was actually a couple of hours or something like that.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back