Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Something gone amiss!

Rollo Tamasi

Warrior for Christ
So this is the foyer.
The entrance way to what?
What happens when I go through the door beyond the foyer?

Welcome!

It makes me think of going to a new church for the first time.
I've checked out their webpage and thought I would give it a try.
I receive a warm welcome in the foyer.
So far, so good.
Then I go into the sanctuary and worship God with some great music.
Everything is delightful.
I look at my wife and she's having a great time too.

Then the sermon.
Somewhere in the sermon, something has gone wrong.
I give it some thought, and then it hits me.

FALSE DOCTRINE!

It continues, the congregation is all hyped and into it.
It begins to hurt my ears.
My wife has caught on too.
What should I do?
Walk out?
Walk out in the middle of the sermon?
Or do I give it more time?
Do I give it another chance?

If it were you, what would you do?

Yes, I have, peacefully and in love, confronted my pastor with the Bible over certain teachings that just aren't in the Word. He wouldn't accept the Truth though it was right in front of his face, so we left that church and God put us in a wonderful one that actually teaches what a New Covenant Believer has, says, does and is.

Possibly there are so many teachings going around because people are interpreting the Bible for themselves.
O I C yes, but then how does one get the right teaching, is there some way you can be sure your not interpreting the bible wrong. (And dont just say the holy spirit)

r3alchild Many doctrines we profess are built line on line, and precept upon precept. We grow in grace and knowledge of Jesus, and thus when I first knew I was truly saved, I only knew that. As I read the word of God I became aware of many things that affected my walk with God, and there were many conflicting messages fed me along the way I took. How was I to overcome such division? Mine was to study until I was satisfied for myself, and there is the scripture for us to study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. This very day I became aware of things formally unknown to me even though I had read them before. I hope this helps some, but if not please ask further. :)

Last edited:
O I C yes, but then how does one get the right teaching, is there some way you can be sure your not interpreting the bible wrong. (And dont just say the holy spirit)

GIANT BOOK SALE!

1) Sale on big books
2) Sale on books for giants
3) Big book sale

Pick one

ok

1) Sale on big books
2) Sale on books for giants
3) Big book sale
4) Big sale on books

(And dont just say the holy spirit)

I know experiences are disqualified by the unbeliever. But then that disqualification means the experience never happened.
I'll not go into the details but suffice it to say not only did I believe God's testimony full of contradictions and myths but I really didn't care either.
Afterwards though I understood. I absolutely devoured the bible and got the discipleship I needed because I asked.
I wanted to know more about Christ and what had happened to me.

Some knock, some surrender, some seek, some resist. Some read the bible and and get to know Christ. Some Christ touches their hearts and the hunger for Him begins. There's no sure-fire method or procedure by which one knows Christ. But for me the Holy Spirit was the key to my belief and understanding. Without it I'd still be in chains unto the world.

There was a time I was looking for the perfect church. After searching high and low I finally found one. Thing is, when I walked in it wasn't perfect anymore. :erm

Anyway, I've known wrong doctrine preached. I just got up and walked out. :shrug
Why sit there listening to something you don't want to hear?

Something that I am finding out as I mature, is the more I dig, the more I meditate, the more I pray, the more I listen to what I am reading in the Bible the more I seem to understand.

Until about a year ago I spent the previous 20 years an electrical designer for the packaging machinery manufacturing company I work for. My focus was with aftermarket product rebuild and modification. In other words, machinery that has been in customer facilities for years and they now want to modify them to run some new product or perhaps upgrade their electrical system. As an electrical designer in this arena I had to work with many various brands and types of electronic equipment. Reading those user manuals was often a challenge particularly because my reading comprehension is not one of my better strengths. There were many times I found myself scratching my head after reading the manuals but I found that if re-read the manual multiple times and set it aside and read it again later things just seemed to start to make sense and in some cases it was like someone flipped a light switch and it all made perfect sense.

I think reading into God's Word can be much the same way. As we read it over and over and think about what we are reading, break it down into smaller bite-sized pieces, etc., we begin to get a certain understanding taking place. But now here's the catch and I'm afraid I will have to include something you asked us not to include. I don't believe it is possible to fully grasp the message from the Bible without help from the Holy Spirit. I don't believe I can even believe in Jesus Christ except by the Holy Spirit. In order to truly come to grips with the message of the gospel, one must open his mind and heart to the truth. This is no small task.

Last edited:
Thats cool WIP, would you like to join my thread (looking for real answers) and tell me what you think.

I probably wouldn't even notice because I'd be distracted checking out the guys in that church. Sad but true.

Why do I suspect that You, could be checking out the guys (by the way church is an excellent place for a Christian single gal to check out the guys) hearing every word that is being said and determining what you think about it?

Last edited:
Back