Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Something gone amiss!

Who's interpretation of God's word?
Some believe one must be baptized, some don't. Some believe the gifts are for today, some don't. Some believe no musical instruments in church, some don't.

read the Word, in season and out of season, seek God Himself and tell Him out loud you are seeking Him through faith in Jesus Christ, by grace, a free gift from Him always.
read the Word, and ask God to tell you the truth. always seek truth - never compromise. never compromise.

no interpretation is needed. a three year old , or maybe six year old, can grasp the truth if they are really searching for God and His Way. almost no for-profit group on earth, or maybe not almost but actually none - will agree. they don't want you to know that God loves you and has already said He will reveal to you the truth if you become like a little child. it is simple. and everyone to whom God reveals the truth are abiding in Jesus as Jesus is abiding in the Father, and all together as one in Him (simple like a little child thinks, not at all like a scholar thinks.)

sorry i'm not a 'member' here yet for further insight or discussion .... maybe later tonight or in the near future.

but I have had the blessing / pleasure/ grace to see God's children from everywhere on earth be abiding in union in Him just as His Word says, alive in Christ Jesus whom we serve and in whom we have our being.

He is the answer. He is the way, the truth, and the life. Only God can take away the veil , and He delights to for all those who love Him and seek Him to live His way (turning away from sin and selfishness entirely - not just a little , nor just in part, but fully as God permits and accomplishes this.)

shalom (peace and wholeness and healing) in Him today and forever ....

I was once again reminded to keep my eye on the ball by this passage from a book by a Prof J.C. G.Kotze "Priniciples and Practice in Race Relations" and how false doctrines geared to the self are the main culprit .The relavance of the following passage is the diliberate misinterpretation of God's thoughts." That is why Scripture warns so emphatically against the wrong interpretation of God's thoughts, with the charge that "We must try the spirits whether they be of God" I John 4:1 ..."knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation" 2 Peter 1:20

And Paul to the Corinthians "no man knoweth the things of God, but the Spirit of God...1 Cor.2:11-12

So if it dont feel right, just dont "eat supper with the devil"not even with the longest of spoons.(My adaption Old Irish quote)Simply walk away.

There is nothing wrong with asking people questions.

If something is wrong I will always ask in general.
I would check out whats the issue, and address the issue, but if issue is not up to standards, I would let them know what is wrong with the issue, but if they repent, calls for prayer, and if they do not repent, I would leave a testimony for sure, and leave there, and shake off the dust. but I will some day or night return to see if the issue have change.

What would you do?

Why is there so many diffrent teachings floating around, is it better to just interpret the bible for yourself.
1. The Lord (and the apostles) already warned us that there would be false teachers, false prophets, and false messiahs from the very inception of the Chuch.
2. The letters to the seven churches in Revelation clearly confirm that most of the churches had false doctrine and false practice.
3. The apostles warned us that before the second coming of Christ there would be great apostasy in Christendom. That is now a fact.
4. The Lord already told us that there would be wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish in Christendom. All who bear the label of "Christian" are not necessarily regenerated. That applies to preachers also.
5. Scripture tells us to study the Word of God diligently, but most Christians prefer entertainment to the hard labor involved. And too many pastors waste God's valuable time with stories, jokes, anecdotes, and diversions while their churches offer entertainment.
6. Evangelical and Fundamentalist churches have gradually moved away from preaching the true Gospel and teaching Bible Truth systematically and fearlessly.
7. The Lord has given every genuine believer the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. Sadly, when Christians are confronted with the truth, they generally resist it or reject it. Hence false doctrine in the churches.
8. If you are serious about knowing God's truth then you will have to do what the Bereans did -- THEY SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY.

1. The Lord (and the apostles) already warned us that there would be false teachers, false prophets, and false messiahs from the very inception of the Chuch.
2. The letters to the seven churches in Revelation clearly confirm that most of the churches had false doctrine and false practice.
3. The apostles warned us that before the second coming of Christ there would be great apostasy in Christendom. That is now a fact.
4. The Lord already told us that there would be wheat and tares, good fish and bad fish in Christendom. All who bear the label of "Christian" are not necessarily regenerated. That applies to preachers also.
5. Scripture tells us to study the Word of God diligently, but most Christians prefer entertainment to the hard labor involved. And too many pastors waste God's valuable time with stories, jokes, anecdotes, and diversions while their churches offer entertainment.
6. Evangelical and Fundamentalist churches have gradually moved away from preaching the true Gospel and teaching Bible Truth systematically and fearlessly.
7. The Lord has given every genuine believer the indwelling Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth. Sadly, when Christians are confronted with the truth, they generally resist it or reject it. Hence false doctrine in the churches.
8. If you are serious about knowing God's truth then you will have to do what the Bereans did -- THEY SEARCHED THE SCRIPTURES DAILY.
:thumbsup And that means reading the Scriptures literally how God intended for us to read it, and that means the WHOLE bible.Not leaving out a single word or Book of the Bible.

So this is the foyer.
The entrance way to what?
What happens when I go through the door beyond the foyer?

Welcome!

It makes me think of going to a new church for the first time.
I've checked out their webpage and thought I would give it a try.
I receive a warm welcome in the foyer.
So far, so good.
Then I go into the sanctuary and worship God with some great music.
Everything is delightful.
I look at my wife and she's having a great time too.

Then the sermon.
Somewhere in the sermon, something has gone wrong.
I give it some thought, and then it hits me.

FALSE DOCTRINE!

It continues, the congregation is all hyped and into it.
It begins to hurt my ears.
My wife has caught on too.
What should I do?
Walk out?
Walk out in the middle of the sermon?
Or do I give it more time?
Do I give it another chance?

If it were you, what would you do?
That was cool. What would I do? dont know rollo.

Thank you Kathi...!!!:woot2:readbible:agreed:salute:goodpost:cross
You are so darn welcome
humble.gif

Back