Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Something gone amiss!

Anyway, I've known wrong doctrine preached. I just got up and walked out. :shrug
Why sit there listening to something you don't want to hear?
I say, "why waste the time?" Why wait until the service is over? One time I hit the door while everybody was praying.

God said to Noah, that the life is in the blood. And the blood comes from the seed. So, how can people claim that Jesus Christ became sin while dying on the cross, and still call him the uncorruptable seed ?

Wouldn't that be a denial of him ?

God said to Noah, that the life is in the blood. And the blood comes from the seed.

I'm not sure what you are saying about the blood.?

So, how can people claim that Jesus Christ became sin while dying on the cross, and still call him the uncorruptable seed ?

Wouldn't that be a denial of him ?

I think the answer to this question is that Jesus was the Son of God. He never sinned in His life as a man.
He did not become sin. He was a sin-offering. There's a huge difference.

I'm not sure what you are saying about the blood.?

I think the answer to this question is that Jesus was the Son of God. He never sinned in His life as a man.
He did not become sin. He was a sin-offering. There's a huge difference.

There is a bloodline through the seed. And the blood comes from the seed.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Without spot or blemish. And you are right , he did not become sin, he became a sin offering, and that is a huge difference. The difference between corruptable seed or incorruptable seed.

I agree I think?
Can you give more detail for what you mean by, "the blood comes from the seed."

It runs through scripture, and you can see it in the geneology, that a bloodline is established. After the sin, in the Garden of Eden, God revealed Him as the seed of the woman that crushes the serpents head.

Mankind can only provide dying seed. From the mountain Abraham proclaimed that God provides. God provides living seed.

Let me ask, why do people say that God forsook His Son ? If you read the whole Psalm 22, of the words Jesus Christ cried out, My God, My God, why have you forsaken me ? In the Psalm you will see God's interpretation of those words as a cry for help.

Jesus is God when you see Him as both are the same in one person. Sinless, blameless, spotless, and perfect. Christ died and rose to prove He is God's one and only Son and that He died for our sins and to save us from eternal separation due to sin. Once and only Once!

Jesus is God when you see Him as both are the same in one person. Sinless, blameless, spotless, and perfect. Christ died and rose to prove He is God's one and only Son and that He died for our sins and to save us from eternal separation due to sin. Once and only Once!

That isn't an answer to my questions. Looking past the facade and knowing the doctrines that claim substitutionalism.

Perhaps the two criminals that were crucified on each side of Him can answer the question I originally asked...One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at Him and saying, Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!... Basically "PROVE yourself"....But the other criminal rebuked him. Don't you fear God he said, since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done NOTHING WRONG.

So, of the two criminals one hurled insults at Him calling Him sin and the other saw Him without sin. Then that one said, Jesus remember me when you come into your kingdom. And Jesus answered him, I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.

There is nothing recorded that Jesus Christ ever even spoke a word to the other criminal.

Why is there so many different teachings floating around, is it better to just interpret the bible for yourself.

Wow! Some great answers and I particularly liked A...wynne's immediate response...but also in my experience I have learned that the Holy Spirit sometimes talks to each of differently from the same passages because we are each in a different place in the conformation (into His image) process and have different spiritual issues and needs. If you had two children and one was hungry and the other exhausted you would encourage one to eat and another to rest....giving the hungry one a bed will do nothing nor will making the tired one stay awake and eat food...we are His children and we each have unique needs and requirements He perceives (sometimes we cannot because His ways and thoughts are higher than ours) and as a loving parent, the Father will meet each of OUR needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (now see...some may make issue of that passage as I have used it as being different than it was intended in its original context, but see how it speaks to this issue you are having?)...this is why a story like that of Naaman the Syrian can be used (and some times speaks differently to different children of God) to teach faith, obedience, the lack thereof, baptism, and much more....denominational differences are another issue (these depend on one's hermeneutics, traditional interpretations we are taught to believe, and many other factors).

Just my $.02

brother Paul

The serpent claimed that God has different meanings to His word... God said that you will die, no you won't die. God knows that you will be conformed to be like God. Assigning dual meanings to God's word. While claiming to speak according to her needs.

God listened to Abel's cry for help...remember Psalm 22 that I talked about in a post I previously wrote in this thread. It says the same thing. Abel is sacred to God.

Why was Abel sacred? Before going to great extent I would like to know if you are a Christian. Thanks

Why do you question Abel being sacred to God ?

Paul speaks to the Corinthians like this...Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you ? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Why do you question Abel being sacred to God ?

Paul speaks to the Corinthians like this...Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you ? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.
Scripture is always good, but your selected verse doesn't answer why Abel is sacred. Noting some of your references to life and and the seed I'm not clear you in fact understand why Able had life and Cain didn't for instance. As to having life you speak of are you a Christian? Thanks.

Scripture is always good, but your selected verse doesn't answer why Abel is sacred. Noting some of your references to life and and the seed I'm not clear you in fact understand why Able had life and Cain didn't for instance. As to having life you speak of are you a Christian? Thanks.

Abel listened and looked to God and made his offering accordingly. Cain could only look to himself and even after being given fair warning by God.

During the night of the Passover, it is clear, that the Angel of Death checked every door.

Abel listened and looked to God and made his offering accordingly. Cain could only look to himself and even after being given fair warning by God.

During the night of the Passover, it is clear, that the Angel of Death checked every door.
You lost me. Where do you read that Abel listened to God even though I'm certain he was given instruction, and what has Passover to do with Abel being sacred? What of the offering made Abel sacred especially considering your seed is life theory? Cain was every bit the seed Abel was.

You lost me. Where do you read that Abel listened to God even though I'm certain he was given instruction, and what has Passover to do with Abel being sacred? What of the offering made Abel sacred especially considering your seed is life theory? Cain was every bit the seed Abel was.

The instruction Abel followed is written in the Garden of Eden...God's command and God making coats of skin for the man and woman after the sin. Abel agreed with and accepted God's command, he also acknowledge what sin has done in his offering, the firstborn of God's creation being born into death. Abel looked to the mercy seat or the being clothed in God that God showed when He made them coats of skin.

Abel looked to the covering that God provided. Cain followed the serpent's "Suit". Cain cut off Abel's bloodline when he murdered him, then they had Seth to replace him. And at that time men began to call on the Lord again.

Didn't you know that when God accepted Abel's offering that Abel was given passage to the Garden of Eden, to eat from the tree of life...Unless you think God accepted his offering and said "see ya around".

At the Passover the Israelites looked to and listened to what God said...Pharoah could only look to himself, which is the same thing I wrote in my first two sentences of my last post.

The instruction Abel followed is written in the Garden of Eden...
I have no idea what you are spreading here, but it is not scripture I'm familiar with. Care to identify your source, or is it some form of instruction by implication?

Last edited:
The instruction Abel followed is written in the Garden of Eden...God's command and God making coats of skin for the man and woman after the sin. Abel agreed with and accepted God's command, he also acknowledge what sin has done in his offering, the firstborn of God's creation being born into death. Abel looked to the mercy seat or the being clothed in God that God showed when He made them coats of skin.

Abel looked to the covering that God provided. Cain followed the serpent's "Suit". Cain cut off Abel's bloodline when he murdered him, then they had Seth to replace him. And at that time men began to call on the Lord again.

Didn't you know that when God accepted Abel's offering that Abel was given passage to the Garden of Eden, to eat from the tree of life...Unless you think God accepted his offering and said "see ya around".

At the Passover the Israelites looked to and listened to what God said...Pharoah could only look to himself, which is the same thing I wrote in my first two sentences of my last post.

Gday Jon this is very unusual and doesn't fit with scripture. Non one was granted access to the ToL "lest they live forever" and every believer needed to look forward to the redemption Yahweh would provide in the future. Returning to Eden would be like looking back towards Sodom and Gomorrah imo.

Jon David ...This foyer is not set here for debate. If you wish debate please step in side.... ADMIN

Last edited:
Back