Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Sons and Daughters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Classik

Sons and Daughters.

How do you feel when you as a father or mother or as parents have say, 'two' children and all are males - none is female; or when you have 'two' children and all are females - none is male? Do you ever think something important is really missing: the other sex?

Someone I know loves females so much. In her desperation for a female child she's ended up having 4 males - no female - and she has been so displeased and saying, something is missing in her life.

A friend is the only child: she is female. I asked her how she feels not having a brother. She told me she's keeping silent over the issue - but is really dying inside: she misses the atmosphere of a brotherly figure - and a brother.

So if you are to have two children will you wish for both sexes?

Altho no sex is more important than the other...however there is that emptiness when a sex is not there.

It gives me joy, comfort and security when those boisterous boys shout on top of their voices and disturb the entire street...and those girls stay in their own world and do all those strange things women do (5 hrs in front of a mirror or 2 hrs in the bathroom).

Now you can fully understand the world both sexes build.

But if GOD has given you just a particular sex and not both sexes....then it's still the gift of GOD: the perfect gift of GOD.

Me I prefer a 'mirror' being and a 'ball' being in a family. :) ;) :lol

Last edited:
I don't have any children, but I grew up being one of two boys with no sister for the first 9 1/2 years of my life. You wouldn't believe how often and how strongly I wished I had been a girl so that my parents would love me. Of course, my parents denied wanting a girl, but how else do you explain the fact that I'm named after my aunt (father's sister). They just changed one letter to make it a boy's name. When they finally got their wish and my sister was born, it just confirmed what I had always felt. I disappointed my parents on the day I was born and have never been good enough for them since, even to this day. I cannot remember a single time hearing either of my parents say to me "I love you" or "I'm proud of you" or "well done", but I have heard them say those things to both my siblings.

But you don't need to feel sorry for me. That's not why I'm writing this. It took me a few decades, but I finally came to accept myself for who God has made me, even though nobody else in the family does. The reason I write this to ask all of you parents who have multiple children all of the same sex to accept the children God has given you and love them for who and what they are, and not wish that they had been the other sex. They'll be able to tell. And if you make them feel unwanted because of their sex while they're children, it's really hard to fix when they're adults.

The TOG​

I don't have any children, but I grew up being one of two boys with no sister for the first 9 1/2 years of my life. You wouldn't believe how often and how strongly I wished I had been a girl so that my parents would love me. Of course, my parents denied wanting a girl, but how else do you explain the fact that I'm named after my aunt (father's sister). They just changed one letter to make it a boy's name. When they finally got their wish and my sister was born, it just confirmed what I had always felt. I disappointed my parents on the day I was born and have never been good enough for them since, even to this day. I cannot remember a single time hearing either of my parents say to me "I love you" or "I'm proud of you" or "well done", but I have heard them say those things to both my siblings.

But you don't need to feel sorry for me. That's not why I'm writing this. It took me a few decades, but I finally came to accept myself for who God has made me, even though nobody else in the family does. The reason I write this to ask all of you parents who have multiple children all of the same sex to accept the children God has given you and love them for who and what they are, and not wish that they had been the other sex. They'll be able to tell. And if you make them feel unwanted because of their sex while they're children, it's really hard to fix when they're adults.

The TOG​

I know that that isn't the reason you're writing, and that you've risen above those circumstances, but I grieve for you anyway. I wish no child would ever have to feel unloved.

As strange as it seems, sometimes parents aren't even aware of how they damage children by withholding love.

I went through this for a short period. We always wanted 2 children - a boy and a girl - but had agreed on 3 if the first 2 were both the same sex. After 3 children of the same sex, we were going to take that as a hint and call it a day.

Our first daughter was actually supposed to a son. I admit I was a bit disappointed when I heard the nurse say, "It's a girl!". But then they cleaned her up, handed her to me and said, "Here you go, Daddy," and that was all she wrote.

Our second was also a girl. This time, I was much quicker to embrace it because I already had 1 daughter, and I was used to having a little girl. So the second one came and, of course, I was wrapped around her finger immediately.

I loved those girls with everything I am - still do - and at the time I couldn't imagine not having the both of them. But our house still just didn't feel right. It really did feel like something was missing.

Our son was actually a surprise, he came just under 2 years after our second daughter. I can't really explain what happened then. It wasn't that I loved him more - sometimes I love them all so much I wanna tear their little heads off :lol - but it was like I would just look at him and this feeling came over me that said, "Yeah...my son...it's all good now."

So now we have an 8 year old daughter who's all about playing dress-up and painting her nails and all that "girly" stuff. My son is just over a year and a half, and he runs around the house growling and grunting at everything, punching me in the leg and saying, "Boom!" and trying to wrestle with his sisters. And then our middle daughter is 3, and she's kind of a mix of the two - she loves make up and painting her nails and stuff like that, but sometimes she'll run past me and punch me in the butt on the way and yell, "Ha Ha!" without ever slowing down, and she's always down to wrestle or just curl up in my lap and watch tv.

So, to make a long story short (or not), yes. We love our girls very much, and did when we only had the two of them, but our home just didn't feel right until my son came along.

Take that for what it's worth, I suppose.

And then our middle daughter is 3, and she's kind of a mix of the two - she loves make up and painting her nails and stuff like that, but sometimes she'll run past me and punch me in the butt on the way and yell, "Ha Ha!" without ever slowing down, and she's always down to wrestle or just curl up in my lap and watch tv.
LOL

Back