Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] "speak all matter of evil against you falsely..."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
yup. me again.

As persecution goes, I have it easy. I think someone tried to kick my front door in (again). This time, I have an alarm system, so the cops were auto-called. no one's laid a hand on me or anything, and...yeah. its just...

the mind-game, weird waxing and waning is what's getting to me. last night, I ran into a family dollar in a decent part of time. sugar craving, they have good prices. so....there was a young(ish) couple, maybe 25-30, with a cute baby. the man kept making snarky comments about me, and I do.not.know him or her or...??? I'm 38, so they're a bit young to even remember from me "back then," in my hometown area (I moved back about 12 years ago). and...

"he's nothing -special- " was the man's last comment, before he got into his vehicle as I was getting into mine. I didn't have an emo breakdown over it (LOL), but again: whaaa? I don't know the dude. I said exactly -0- to him or the wife, etc. And its been...more like that, all over the small city I live in, for a while now. waxes and wanes. "he -needs- be committed!" is another refrain. thing is...

I go to a community/state subsidized/funded clinic. ordinarily....well, they're not -supposed- to do things like its the 50s, but I have my doubts. but, God is Good! I see a counselor every 6-8 weeks and drop in for med checks every 3, 4 months or so. no need for any hospitalization, much less commitment, much less being sent to what little remains of the state hospital. so, I dunno. I had similar junk and jibber jabber maybe 2,3 weeks ago in a local Aldi. just pushing my cart, loading up on goods, and some lady...

trying to use that deliberately calm, cool and collected, overly proper enunciation kind of voice..."he needs to be in the state hospital in () !" and stuff like that. but...??? who...are you? and who am -I- , just some now healthy, now smart, now normal 38 year old Christian man in the crowd...

that -these- sorts of comments are happening?

blah. it'd be one thing if I thought "help" was the goal, but...nah, not so much. long story...its more about attempts at control and destruction, and I think of it more as persecution -now- than I did when it happened in years past (truly saved for almost 10 years now, Praise God!) -because- of His handiwork. Its like...these random people I don't know are openly accusing, openly taunting...

and I think its more because of His work in my life and my parents' lives than it is because of my past, per se. My past -was- terrible, but -this- set of jibber jabber would not be happening if He had not seen fit to redeem me and restore me, etc. so...there's that. A cousin who emails me now and then encouraged me to think of it as a sort of hidden compliment; this means my faith is real, His work in my life is real, and I am, in fact, Born Again. positive spin...? eh. I do think that's a Biblically-sound way of looking at it.

OK. As always... thanks! :)

Blessed art thou, C_e, when these doofuses speak all manner of calumny against ye!

It is YOU who are exalted and these riff-raff
who will be splattered like bugs on the windshield of life!

Keep on keeping on!

it isn't that....

its just...ugh...it's kind of like...chinese water torture? "his parents -cannot- help him" and "I guess he gets azt from the health dept." (I tested + for HIV+ over 15 years ago...never offered or received real treatment, because...the US is turning into a 3rd world country? I dunno...), and...

I dunno. Its the snark, its the constant nature of it, its....some dude banging on my front bedroom area (thankfully, I was in the back bedroom area) at 3 or 4 in the morning like the police or something (decent area, btw...modest, but nice and low crime...), and...

last night/early AM, it was the upstairs people banging and banging around. At first, I thought: well, I think I saw one of them with a dog...maybe he's going crazy? dogs do that...

but no, it was pretty much deliberate. it was like the time....people at the front and back of my place (1st floor) were yelling about "welfare bum" and "should be in public housing" and junk like that, and...

I don't know these people. My best guess is that its because former shrinks and "mental health professionals" consider (and have -always- considered, in my case...) cruelty and contempt "proper treatment." private practice, community clinics...

doesn't really -seem to matter- ? my counselor is kind enough, but...counseling is not a real conversation, much less a real relationship. I don't know the dude. He'll say stuff to establish rapport, I think (?), and I try to talk about that, but...???

its really frustrating. at a worldly level, with the mental health labels...I kind of think this is how society contributes to "severe mental illness" and then keeps people in various states of sickness and poverty, and then we/they are punished for that, too. "don't like it? ha! shut up and take your Seroquel!" that kinda thing.

not that we/they are victims. "...more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus..." its just...whoa, the world really is cruel and heartless and...yeah. -intense-

so...persecution of varying degrees seems common to Christians. -this- , which I consider persecution only because God's work in my life is -completely against the grain- of what the world had/has for me...

not on the same level as being tortured and murdered for loving Jesus in some violent, repressive, anti-Christ regime. I get that, I do.

its just...oh man...I think maybe someone has decided that I shouldn't live -here- ? kind of an issue, because my parents own it, and...that's pretty much the end of that. hoa dues are paid, I'm law abiding and all that...

plus, practical level: everybody has to live somewhere, and if I cave and move and move and move...the oppressors and bullies won't ever stop, because its never enough for a vocal segment of the local area, which is probably just...a vocal segment of the world we all live in, right? something like that?

I've restarted praying for my enemies. It brought to light...bitterness and resentment left in my own heart, which I found...when I got over it, humbling, I think. not that I'm a ticking time bomb, just...-not there yet- I guess?

i just...get frustrated. like when I used my debit card to pre-pay for gas at a chain place, walked away, and the pump didn't work. I didn't -get it- until I overheard the clerk lady saying "he needs to know how we -feel about him- ," but...they didn't put the $$$ on another pump, they didn't offer a refund. done and done. -get it, dude?- oh man.

I'll pray more on it, its just...endlessly never ending micro-aggression and then the more aggressive stuff and...blah blah blah. Saved for nearly 10 years (!), -I just wanna get a long-. :)

Back