Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Speculating on the age of earth???

Your post sounds like a last day one!:sleep (Matt. 25's ALL Sleeping)
Do you not understand that every seventh day was the Birthday of Creation?? The Godheads MEMORIAL!

Surely 'few' at least BELIEVE that the Lord's [NAME] ENDURETH FOREVER??
Note just this verse of Inspiration in Psalms 135:13

'Thy Name, O Lord, ENDURETH FOREVER; [and THY MEMORIAL, O Lord, THROUGHOUT ALL GENERATIONS].'

And you post ..
'The time frame is immaterial':study While God's Word says: Exod. 20:8-11 + 1 John 2:4

--Elijah
I guess I don't understand the importance of knowing whether the earth is 6,000 years old or 6,000,000,000. I believe it is more to our advantage to understand where our focus should be today (Jesus) and not worry so much about when God created the earth.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" is enough for me. Gen. 1:1 KJV

I guess I don't understand the importance of knowing whether the earth is 6,000 years old or 6,000,000,000. I believe it is more to our advantage to understand where our focus should be today (Jesus) and not worry so much about when God created the earth.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" is enough for me. Gen. 1:1 KJV
the problem is when you begin to doubt the word. for instance here.

if the lord didnt create it all in six days what in the world(poor exegis) did he mean by this when he told moses?

for in six days was the heavens and the earth made? in hebrew when the number was stated in front the word yom it meant a day. not a period or era. so may i ask is proper exegisis ie solo scriptura bad?

You are absolutely right, and I totally agree with you. The problem is, that I have a husband and family members that are a million times smarter than I am, and this one argument seems to trip them up. So... I thought I would ask all you smart people if you knew of a definitive Biblical answer, as I did not want to present a possibility and have it be against what the Bible says.

Thank you for your help!

You are absolutely right, and I totally agree with you. The problem is, that I have a husband and family members that are a million times smarter than I am, and this one argument seems to trip them up. So... I thought I would ask all you smart people if you knew of a definitive Biblical answer, as I did not want to present a possibility and have it be against what the Bible says.

Thank you for your help!
did you get the pm i sent you? that should answer the question.its by faith that we believe the bible, i will say this one cant argue them to believe old earth or young earth but you can present possible evidence. historical science is speculative, as no one can witness the earth prior to written history.think forensic

Back