Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Spirits will speak through your own inner voice, or more likely, they will just throw ideas into your mind"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Then one day I was praying and as I was praying (out loud), my speech suddenly changed and I was speaking in tongues. I knew immediately what it was and that, it wasn't me. So I stood down and stopped praying and held my peace. And just listened. After Holy Spirit finished, I finished my prayer too. I never got an interpretation for it and it's never happened again.
That is the same way many have described receiving the Gift of Tongues .
Do you remember what it was like to be under conviction ?
I have answered many questions for you Alfred Persson , can you please answer my questions to you ?
What Pentecostal churches have you attended ?
Was it an "Assemblies Of God " , "Church Of God" or an independent Pentecostal church ?
What were the services like when you went there ?
Are these questions too hard for you ? I don't think you have ever been in a Pentecostal church service .
That's irrelevant.
To you because you don't want to answer the questions , not to me .
What have you , @Alfred Persson seen in the Pentecostal church services that the Gift of Tongues was in evidence you have attended ?
Waiting on your answer .
I require objective proof of continuism.

I demand objective proof the "revelatory gifts" are in action today like they were in the days of the apostles.
Continuism is not even a word by the way .

That is the same way many have described receiving the Gift of Tongues .

I have answered many questions for you Alfred Persson , can you please answer my questions to you ?

Are these questions too hard for you ? I don't think you have ever been in a Pentecostal church service .

To you because you don't want to answer the questions , not to me .

Waiting on your answer .

Continuism is not even a word by the way .

He does seem to just kind of gloss over what people post to him, I noticed that. So, he just does not have ears to hear these types of things yet. Perhaps in the future. It was awhile ago that I received the gift of Tongues. And it's weird cuz, it's never happened again. I guess I thought it probably would happen again, but it sure hasn't and I dunno what to think. I know it happened that once. It was only like 4 or 5 minutes in length and nothing else. No overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit or anything, it was just the strange speech and then it was gone. and left no interpretation either! What a sense of humor the Lord has!

He does seem to just kind of gloss over what people post to him, I noticed that. So, he just does not have ears to hear these types of things yet.
If I get no answers I can throw in the towel on this thread . I may get Charismanic put on a t-shirt to wear 😂 .

As post #22 illustrates, you ignore my answers. I'm still waiting for you to address them.
Let's look at your question from #22 and see what I can tell you :) .
You speak of tongues as though you believe it continued from the first century until today.

But how can that be?
I not only believe , I Know that the gift of tongues is still in operation !

A few years back I was a patient on a limited access floor of a hospital , I was in for observation , how I came to be in the hospital is an epic story . Once a day we would have a session with a leader asking a question and we would take turns giving our thoughts . The leader asked the question and I was not first in line to answer and as I was sitting there trying to form an answer in my head it was NOT happening no matter how I tried ! I knew that something needed to be said but I could not even get two words together in my mind . When it came for my turn to speak much to my shock my mouth opened and out came the most eloquent words and the words came out with force and precision but they were NOT my words it was the Holy Spirit giving the message in English . I am by no stretch of the imagination a good speaker , so my face had to be one of utter disbelief as the words came out of my mouth . So I came to understand what is meant by these verses , Matthew Chapter 10 .
Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So why did I give a message from the Holy Spirit in English you might ask . I would assume that is the only language that would be understood that day in the hospital , there was not anyone else there with the Gift of Tongues that could interpret what was said .After all I was not in a church .
Having prayed in tongues before I understood what it was like to have the Holy Spirit "give the utterance" , so there were no doubts that it was the Holy Spirit giving the utterance even if it was in English !

A few years back I was a patient on a limited access floor of a hospital , I was in for observation , how I came to be in the hospital is an epic story . Once a day we would have a session with a leader asking a question and we would take turns giving our thoughts . The leader asked the question and I was not first in line to answer and as I was sitting there trying to form an answer in my head it was NOT happening no matter how I tried ! I knew that something needed to be said but I could not even get two words together in my mind . When it came for my turn to speak much to my shock my mouth opened and out came the most eloquent words and the words came out with force and precision but they were NOT my words it was the Holy Spirit giving the message in English . I am by no stretch of the imagination a good speaker , so my face had to be one of utter disbelief as the words came out of my mouth . So I came to understand what is meant by these verses , Matthew Chapter 10 .
Matthew 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Matthew 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So why did I give a message from the Holy Spirit in English you might ask . I would assume that is the only language that would be understood that day in the hospital , there was not anyone else there with the Gift of Tongues that could interpret what was said .After all I was not in a church .
Having prayed in tongues before I understood what it was like to have the Holy Spirit "give the utterance" , so there were no doubts that it was the Holy Spirit giving the utterance even if it was in English !

That's a smoking hot Testimony, Brother! I believe every word of it too because I too, know these things to be true.

That's not an answer. It begs the question which was, HOW can you speak of the Bible's gift of tongues continuing from the Day of Pentecost to today, when YOUR "gift of tongues" is NOT it?

You don't manifest tongues even close to resembling these in the NT

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, "Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8 "And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
9 "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 "Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11 "Cretans and Arabs-- we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God." (Acts 2:2-11 NKJ)

Under consumer protection law, if you tried to pass off your tongues as the "genuine gift of tongues in the Bible", you would be sued for fraud.

Last edited:
Under consumer protection law, if you tried to pass off your tongues as the "genuine gift of tongues in the Bible", you would be sued for fraud.

Are you for real? I must've missed the scripture that says, ...and tongues shall manifest itself exactly the same way each time...Where's that at?

Who tells God what type of experience that He is to give to anyone?

If you ask 1000 different people how the Lord speaks to them, you will get 1000 different answers. And that doesn't mean that anyone is not genuine.

I want to be sure though. Are you saying that, your experience was genuine but that Hawkmans was not because it was not done in a prescribed manner?!

...and that will bring us back to...Faith. You know everything is by Faith. By Faith, Enoch was Translated. By Faith Abraham received the Promise. In Faith, God does things for us. and always confirms it and proves it to us personally...but in ways that can't be taken to a Laboratory for "proving". It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and the privledge of Kings to search it out.

I believe it. I believe yours too. They have a certain ring to them.

That's not an answer.
Not the answer you wanted I am sure .
It begs the question which was, HOW can you speak of the Bible's gift of tongues continuing from the Day of Pentecost to today, when YOUR "gift of tongues" is NOT it?

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting.
3 Then there appeared to them divided tongues, as of fire, and one sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men, from every nation under heaven.
6 And when this sound occurred, the multitude came together, and were confused, because everyone heard them speak in his own language.
7 Then they were all amazed and marveled, saying to one another, "Look, are not all these who speak Galileans?
8 "And how is it that we hear, each in our own language in which we were born?
9 "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, those dwelling in Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
10 "Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya adjoining Cyrene, visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
11 "Cretans and Arabs-- we hear them speaking in our own tongues the wonderful works of God." (Acts 2:2-11 NKJ)
Do you not see what was going on in the 2nd Chapter of Acts ? It was a "Grand Opening" a " Coming Out Party " for the Gifts of The Holy Spirit ! You would expect this to happen every time the Gift of Tongues manifests ? Seriously ?
If I was committing a fraud against God consumer protection laws would be the least of my worries !
A bolt out of the blue now that would be a worry indeed .

Well I will give you old saying here this is " where the rubber meets the road " so to speak .
Since I have the Gift of Tongues I have practical knowledge of the Gift . I know how the Gift works in practice .
Since you Alfred Persson do not speak in tongues you have no practical knowledge of the Gift of Tongues and this greatly reduces your understanding of the Gift . A lot of education requires a practical test and with good reason .
I pray that God would give you some more understanding of the Gift of speaking in tongues .

Are you for real? I must've missed the scripture that says, ...and tongues shall manifest itself exactly the same way each time...Where's that at?

Who tells God what type of experience that He is to give to anyone?

If you ask 1000 different people how the Lord speaks to them, you will get 1000 different answers. And that doesn't mean that anyone is not genuine.

I want to be sure though. Are you saying that, your experience was genuine but that Hawkmans was not because it was not done in a prescribed manner?!

...and that will bring us back to...Faith. You know everything is by Faith. By Faith, Enoch was Translated. By Faith Abraham received the Promise. In Faith, God does things for us. and always confirms it and proves it to us personally...but in ways that can't be taken to a Laboratory for "proving". It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and the privledge of Kings to search it out.

I believe it. I believe yours too. They have a certain ring to them.

>Are you for real?

Yep, I earned my bona fides street preaching in San Francisco, when a coven of warlocks swore they would kill me in my sleep, but God hid my open bedroom window from them, all night long.

But I moved out upon learning of their vow because it is written:

'You are not to put the Lord your God to the test.'" (Lk. 4:12 NET)

Again my bona fides were evident, when a JuJu man cursed me, but the curse returned upon his own head and he fled from my sight:

14 Behold, the wicked brings forth iniquity; Yes, he conceives trouble and brings forth falsehood.
15 He made a pit and dug it out, And has fallen into the ditch which he made.
16 His trouble shall return upon his own head, And his violent dealing shall come down on his own crown.
17 I will praise the LORD according to His righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High. (Ps. 7:14-17 NKJ)

>I must've missed the scripture that says, ...and tongues shall manifest itself exactly the same way each time...Where's that at?

The same word "Tongues" means the same thing, even the Corinthians spoke languages. Only a language could be a sign to the Jews. They had to know Yahweh the God of Israel was being praised by Gentiles, just like the tongues in Acts:

9 So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? For you will be speaking into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of languages in the world, and none of them is without significance.
11 Therefore, if I do not know the meaning of the language, I shall be a foreigner to him who speaks, and he who speaks will be a foreigner to me.

20 Brethren, do not be children in understanding; however, in malice be babes, but in understanding be mature.
21 In the law it is written: "With men of other tongues and other lips I will speak to this people; And yet, for all that, they will not hear Me," says the Lord.
22 Therefore tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophesying is not for unbelievers but for those who believe. (1 Cor. 14:9-22 NKJ)

Babbling is only a sign of mental derangement, or self delusion that something self taught is a gift from God.

They taught themselves how to babble, mindlessly.

I conceded your manifestation of something like a praise language you didn't understand was genuine, because it seemed to be consistent with Scripture.

I think you err siding with Pentecostals, their experiences are different from yours.

Self-taught babble is not the Bible gift of tongues.

>Who tells God what type of experience that He is to give to anyone?

Not me. But a counterfeit is know by its defects, differences from the genuine.

Like a counterfeit $100 bill and the genuine, subtle differences identify which is which.

It is fraud Pentecostals call their "babble" the Bible gift of Tongues.

Its babble, It may make the babbler feel good, but it remains babble.

>If you ask 1000 different people how the Lord speaks to them, you wi>ll get 1000 different answers. And that doesn't mean that anyone is not genuine.

Don't care what 1000 or a billion people say. Sola Scripura, the Bible is the arbiter of what is true or false, not people.

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17 NKJ)

>I want to be sure though. Are you saying that, your experience was genuine but that Hawkmans was not because it was not done in a prescribed manner?!

My experiences prove nothing to anyone but me.

I don't cite them as my authority, or source of doctrine.

Scripture is the authority.

Whatever I teach stands or falls because of the word of God, not my experiences.

>...and that will bring us back to...Faith. You know everything is by Faith. By Faith, Enoch was Translated. By Faith Abraham received the Promise. In Faith, God does things for us. and always confirms it and proves it to us personally...but in ways that can't be taken to a Laboratory for "proving". It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and the privledge of Kings to search it out.

3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. (Jude 1:3 NKJ)
We are to contend for the faith revealed in the Bible, and ONCE delivered.

There aren't multiple deliveries. The apostles passed the genuine faith down to us in the Bible, ONCE delivered.

>I believe it. I believe yours too. They have a certain ring to them.

Don't care what rings true to anyone, only care "what saith scripture?"

Last edited:
Back