Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Spiritual Gifts

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Sorry about the length. Just take your time as it is a Bible study. :) :bible

Spiritual gifts are supernatural manifestations that come as gifts from the Holy Spirit operating through believers for the common good. These are gifts we receive through grace that indicates that Spiritual gifts involve both an inward motivation and the power to perform ministry and is received from the Holy Spirit. No man can place a certain gift on themselves unless it is placed on them by the Holy Spirit.

1Corinthians chapter 12 explains these gifts given to those who are in service of the Lord for the purpose of Gods ministry to all nations as we are one in the body of Christ to all who have answered Gods call to reconciliation by his grace. Four walls do not make a Church, but one body gathered together in the name of Jesus is what makes up his true worldwide church and as those of each nation comes to Christ so are the gifts given to each individual working as a whole for the witness of Christ.

These gifts are for the governing of Gods ministry to keep us inline with his perfect will. They are not to be used to edify and lift up ones self to make one better than another, but to lift up and edify one another in the will of God which is his perfect will of love. Let us bind these gifts up in our hearts and use them for the purpose and intent that binds us together in love.

1 Corinthians 12:1-3
Do not be ignorant of the world’s ways of conducting themselves as we know that Satan’s domain is trying to control this world and also has his own demonic ministry. God’s word is not only for the Jews, but also for the Gentile whom the Jews thought to be nothing more than heathens not worthy to be called by the name of God. No one can be speaking under the influence of the Holy Spirit and say curse Jesus or can say Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit that gives us confirmation that Jesus is truly Lord of lords and King of kings.
Matthew 16:13-17

1 Corinthians 12:4-7
The different way each gift is given is to be used in the ministry of Christ as in administrations, directors or delegates and only given to those who are led by the Holy Spirit. Different operations are for the function of the working body as each operations is given individually to each one by Gods Spirit for direction for what God purposes, not what man wants to control within the body of Christ.
Ephesians 4:4-6

1 Corinthians 12:8
Word of wisdom is for us to know the mind of Christ to allow his Spirit speak to us and through us not only to instruct others, but for us to know for a surety that we are remaining in Gods will. Word of knowledge is for us to grow into maturity of Gods word to be able to speak his word with all power and authority that comes by his Spirit for all truths.
Proverbs 16:16; 1 Corinthians 2:16; 2 Timothy 2:15, 16; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17

1 Corinthians 12:9
Faith brings with it a good report that through the gift of faith we have hope and can see the evidence of faith in action just as those gathered together in the upper room saw the evidence when Jesus was taken up and the Holy Spirit came down and fell on all of them as their faith was increased through belief. Faith is also displayed by those who come for healing and believe that Jesus truly is who he said he was as it is not the person laying hands on you, but the Holy Spirit using the hands of that person to heal you, but you have to have faith to believe in your healing.
Hebrews 11:1, 2; Matthew 10:1; James 5:15; 1 Peter 2:24, 25

1 Corinthians 12:10
Working of miracles is God glorified through acknowledgement and amazement of the presence of God that he is the same yesterday, today and forever through his Spirit working through others as no one can speak evil and perform the signs of God on their own. It’s those signs that draw others to faith in Christ by actually seeing the power and authority Christ works through others as it is evidence through action. Prophecy is given to those prophets who speak through divine inspiration whom the will of God is expressed. Discerning of spirits is given to know what spirit is in action as there are two spirits that operate and one is the Spirit of truth and the other a spirit of error. Different kinds of tongue and interpretation of tongues means through all the different languages that are spoken in this world God will always give us interpretation of another’s language so we can all be as one in Gods word for teaching and learning.
Mark 9:39; John 2:11; 1 John 4:1-6; Genesis 11:9

1 Corinthians 12:11-27
Different parts make up the whole body through one common factor that is the Spirit of God and works in all of us and through all of us for the glory of the Lord. The body of Christ has many members and many different functions yet it remains one body in Christ. There is no gift that places one higher than another as God is no respecter of person, but chooses those who have the Spiritual capability and availability to lead his people with the same love and compassion he shows us.

1 Corinthians 12:28-31
Whether it be a formal Church setting behind four walls with pews and fancy stained glass windows or just a group of people gathered together in someone’s home sharing the word of God there has to be an order in all we do in Gods ministry so we will remain in Gods will for the purpose and time of his ministry. As an individual we can receive all the gifts of the Spirit within us, but can only use those gifts as the Spirit gives us unction to do so. We are all apostles and prophets that teach the word of God and perform miracles and heal the sick, but we do not do this of ourselves, but only by the Holy Spirit working in us and through us to reach out to the hearts of others. Let the Holy Spirit guide and direct your path and you will always be pleasing to the Father bringing glory and honor to his glorious name.

These gifts are for the governing of Gods ministry to keep us inline with his perfect will. They are not to be used to edify and lift up ones self to make one better than another, but to lift up and edify one another in the will of God which is his perfect will of love. Let us bind these gifts up in our hearts and use them for the purpose and intent that binds us together in love.
:thumbsup :clap:clap:clap

could you elaborate on this, not sure what you mean. Thank you

Paul exorting believers to the full understanding of Christ and following on to know the lord that they "come behind in no spiritual gift," 1Cor. 1:7
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
When we have Christ we have all gifts, there is no special call to an individual. What we see is ignorance and charisma, and we follow a man like God has placed some kind of special something on that life. Error, that believer has nothing on the lessor of believers, if anything it makes the body of Christ weaker.
When I see man raising another man in some kind of way to be special, I hang my head in shame.

Paul exorting believers to the full understanding of Christ and following on to know the lord that they "come behind in no spiritual gift," 1Cor. 1:7
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
When we have Christ we have all gifts, there is no special call to an individual. What we see is ignorance and charisma, and we follow a man like God has placed some kind of special something on that life. Error, that believer has nothing on the lessor of believers, if anything it makes the body of Christ weaker.
When I see man raising another man in some kind of way to be special, I hang my head in shame.

OK, Thank you. It is by the Holy Spirit that distributes all the gifts for the purpose of ministry as what is given to each is for a time and purpose under heaven as the Holy Spirit works through us in those Spiritual gifts as being one body of Christ.

This is a good example of why a modern translation is better understood than the Late Middle English of the KJV.
Nobody speaks King James English.

You have to watch a lot of the newer translations as they actually leave out many words or actually change the original wording that gives a different meaning. Our modern English has very many definitions just for one word that can change the whole context. I like my KJV and have no problem at all understanding any of it. Now the old English is hard to read, but even so is understandable. Nothing has changed in the word, but the word has been changed.

You have to watch a lot of the newer translations as they actually leave out many words or actually change the original wording that gives a different meaning. Our modern English has very many definitions just for one word that can change the whole context. I like my KJV and have no problem at all understanding any of it. Now the old English is hard to read, but even so is understandable. Nothing has changed in the word, but the word has been changed.
There are many good modern translations. NKJV, NASB, RSV, etc.
It has been my experience that people who "need a remedial English course" do not do too well with the KJV. (I've taught college level English.) Language is the tool we use to understand and describe reality. It's best we use a language we actually speak to do that.
Jus' sayin'

iakov the fool

I'll stay with KJV
Suit yourself.
Just be aware that you are handicapping yourself by increasing the level of difficulty to understand what is being said since you don't normally speak Late Middle English.
You still have to translate from Late Middle English to Modern English if only in your head.

Suit yourself.
Just be aware that you are handicapping yourself by increasing the level of difficulty to understand what is being said since you don't normally speak Late Middle English.
You still have to translate from Late Middle English to Modern English if only in your head.

Sadly mistaken;
If you Haven't figured out the changes made in alot of modern translations I would say its your loss.

No man can place a certain gift on themselves unless it is placed on them by the Holy Spirit.
I Corinthians 14:13 KJV
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

We evidently can request gifts we have not yet received. At least IMHO this is what it is saying.

eddif

I Corinthians 14:13 KJV
Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

We evidently can request gifts we have not yet received. At least IMHO this is what it is saying.

eddif

We can request them, but it is only the Holy Spirit that will give them to those who God knows are ready to receive them.We can have all or just some or even one as it is collective within the body of Christ for the purpose of Gods ministry through us.

Sadly mistaken;
If you Haven't figured out the changes made in alot of modern translations I would say its your loss.
Please cite some of those changes.
So don't read the ones that have serious changes.
But at least read on that is in a language that you speak.

Jim, this is not about ones choice of Bibles. All you have to do is look it up on line and compare. Thank You

Jim, this is not about ones choice of Bibles. All you have to do is look it up on line and compare. Thank You

Back