Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Spiritual Vitality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

"I pray that you prosper and be in good health even as you soul prospers." 3 John 2

Do you consider yourself a person who is in good health? I do. I pride myself in taking care of myself. I try to eat right and exercise, but let's face it no matter what I do my body is subject to weakness, illness, and eventually death. Paul said, "But though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day." (2 Cor. 4:16)

When we accept Jesus as or personal savior, we have new life. He gives us spiritual life. We feed on the Bread of Life and drink of the Living Water. We must continue to do this in order to remain in good spiritual health. Our spirits will never become old and be subject to death like our physical bodies.

The apostle John wished Gaius's physical health to be as strong as his spiritual health. Our bodies and our spirits work together. If we don't eat good food or drink water our bodies will starve, just the same as if we aren't in the Word and in prayer our spiritual being will starve.

We need a balance. Some overdue it with the exercise and make their bodies their Gods. Others (most of us) do no exercise and do not care about what we put into our bodies. Some of us never crack our Bibles and never grow spiritually. Although keeping our bodies physically fit isn't as important as keeping our spirits healthy, both work together to achieve the plan the Lord has for us on earth. So press onward and upward toward your heavenly home.

View attachment 4500

I am more mindful of my health than I ever have been, but my mental health is paramount. I even gave up watching TV 6 months ago because it's not good for my mental health.

This physical body will get sick and eventually pass away to the dust of the ground from where it came. It's our Spiritual health that we need to be more concerned about as when we physically die we want to be Spiritually ready to be that Bride of Christ He will return for.

"I pray that you prosper and be in good health even as you soul prospers." 3 John 2

Do you consider yourself a person who is in good health? I do. I pride myself in taking care of myself. I try to eat right and exercise, but let's face it no matter what I do my body is subject to weakness, illness, and eventually death. Paul said, "But though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day." (2 Cor. 4:16)

When we accept Jesus as or personal savior, we have new life. He gives us spiritual life. We feed on the Bread of Life and drink of the Living Water. We must continue to do this in order to remain in good spiritual health. Our spirits will never become old and be subject to death like our physical bodies.

The apostle John wished Gaius's physical health to be as strong as his spiritual health. Our bodies and our spirits work together. If we don't eat good food or drink water our bodies will starve, just the same as if we aren't in the Word and in prayer our spiritual being will starve.

We need a balance. Some overdue it with the exercise and make their bodies their Gods. Others (most of us) do no exercise and do not care about what we put into our bodies. Some of us never crack our Bibles and never grow spiritually. Although keeping our bodies physically fit isn't as important as keeping our spirits healthy, both work together to achieve the plan the Lord has for us on earth. So press onward and upward toward your heavenly home.

View attachment 4500

Well said sister. Its flesh VS spirit , world VS God even. A clean body temple sends one closer to God and away from the world!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back